PDA

View Full Version : Ammillenianist Tim Conway on Dispensationalism

Pages : [1] 2 3

Looking^
August 22nd, 2009, 05:55 PM
[YOU TUBE VIDEO]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dPLl6BL-Glo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dPLl6BL-Glo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOU TUBE VIDEO]

I like Pastor Tim for the most part. But he is down right rude and unscholarly in his application of scripture. It's a shame because I agree with most reformed theology, but that camp is unchristian when discussing eschatology. What say you about this video?

Deborah 55
August 22nd, 2009, 06:19 PM
I can't watch anyone from the 'Reformed' camp...If they can be so wrong on one issue, I don't trust them with to many others...(i thought maybe this guy was the "other " Tim Conway...too bad, I like him....lol,lol..

Christ4ever777
August 22nd, 2009, 06:25 PM
I have a problem with Tim Conway. It was his "Should I be Scared of Hebrews 6 & 10" Q n A session. I've struggle so much with my faith and after listening to that I have become even more worried and paranoid about my eternal state with God. I was scared to death listening to it.

WalkTheLine
August 22nd, 2009, 06:48 PM
He does not understand eternity, he thinks it has a starting point and goes on forever. News flash, eternity is not some place with a lot of time, eternity is a place that has no time and is the dwelling place of God. If eternity has time then God who dwells there is not timeless.

Professed Amillenialist, he has to spiritualize so much of scripture to validate his point its insane. I wouldn't worry to much about his thoughts on heb 6 & 10.

Looking^
August 22nd, 2009, 07:00 PM
I guess I wasn't aware there was a different Tim Conway. I found this video on I'll be honest (illbehonest.com) which I'm 98% sure is associated with Tim's church. Paul Washer videos are there, so I frequent that site. Giest, I completely know where you're coming from! That video didn't sit well with me. It's unfortunate that the reformed camp demonizes us for our eschatology, because I agree with them on the doctrines of grace.

HeIsEnough
August 22nd, 2009, 10:13 PM
Professed Amillenialist, he has to spiritualize so much of scripture to validate his point its insane. I wouldn't worry to much about his thoughts on heb 6 & 10.

If you ask about Israel, it gets even worse.

Just because reform was needed from the RCC, doesn't mean they got the results correct. They didn't. In fact, reformed doctrine needs reformed again.

Sounds like the poster meant Tim Conway, the comedian. I'd probably like his vid better as well. :nod

MidnightWatcher
August 22nd, 2009, 10:18 PM
My view has moved to Progressive Dispensationalism, and I am rock solid there. No matter how much I read from Amillennialists, however, I just don't understand how they can hold to a non-futurist view.

candlelight
August 23rd, 2009, 05:18 AM
I did not like his patronizing, self righteous attitude.

Deborah 55
August 23rd, 2009, 06:36 AM
.....most from the reformed camp have that attitude........we(dispy)....they call us.....are , at the best, the slightly retarded little brothers of theirs.....at the worst??we are lost........imho...

Perpetua
August 25th, 2009, 08:35 AM
My view has moved to Progressive Dispensationalism, and I am rock solid there. No matter how much I read from Amillennialists, however, I just don't understand how they can hold to a non-futurist view.

Agreed (and I'm also Progressive Dispensational). They are just reckless in their handling of God's word, twist it to mean whatever they want to suit their purposes. Like one who just this week was preaching about the 144,000 in Rev. 7 and 14, and concluded that since Revelation is all symbolic and we can't take it seriously (literally), the 144,000 from the first part of chapter 7 are the same as the great multitude in the next part of Rev. 7. But he also violates God's word concerning the beginning (and other texts) -- someone who actually prefers to believe the Hugh Ross version of origins.

I like the following list -- "25 stupid reasons for dissing dispensationalism" -- addresses all the "reasons" the reformed group reject it.
http://bibchr.blogspot.com/2006/11/twenty-five-stupid-reasons-for-dissing.html