PDA

View Full Version : Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin On

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

carlos.c304
October 3rd, 2009, 07:02 PM
Looking at the ecology board today the first 4 or 5 posts were about earthquakes....all in different places across the globe.

Does anyone know how many 4+ quakes that makes this year so far?

Stan In CA
October 3rd, 2009, 07:26 PM
Central California has been getting a swarm of quakes over the past few days. Two being over the 5 magnitude range with a few being 4 and many 3's. It seems something may really be getting ready to rock and roll here in CA. I'm in SoCal so I didn't feel anything and I hear the quakes are happening in a less populated area. It may very well be that quakes elsewhere are putting stress on the faultlines out here. Should be interesting to see what (If anything) happens. My wife and I are expecting some kind of huge quake to being shaking things up soon (When? Have no idea).

yogi3939
October 3rd, 2009, 07:33 PM
A lot of little quakes may be scary, but the real concern is what if the little ones are relieving stress on some minor faults and letting it transfer to the big faults like the San Andreas fault and the one near Seatle Washington that geologists are getting more worried about.

Then when the stress on the big faults reaches a critical level will they let go and cause a major disaster. Even to the point of most of the ring of fire coming unglued and causing major disasters around the entire Pacific rim, which is the ring of fire.

carlos.c304
February 8th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Has anyone else noticed the earthquakes we have been having the past few weeks?? I did some checking and there have been 10 significant earthquakes since Jan 1. A significant earthquake is a 4.0 of higher. I think the largest one was a 7+...not sure on that number. I remember preachers talking about how before 1900 major earthquakes were very rare but made headlines all over the world when one did hit. Today people hardly notice unless it devastates an entire country like the one in Haiti. It really makes me wonder how bad God will let things get before we are raptured out of here. Hopefully it will be soon....today would be nice...matter of fact im not really doing anything important right now..........:rapture

Silver
February 8th, 2010, 09:33 AM
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/quakes_all.html

jadeeyes
February 8th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Has anyone else noticed the earthquakes we have been having the past few weeks?? I did some checking and there have been 10 significant earthquakes since Jan 1. A significant earthquake is a 4.0 of higher. I think the largest one was a 7+...not sure on that number. I remember preachers talking about how before 1900 major earthquakes were very rare but made headlines all over the world when one did hit. Today people hardly notice unless it devastates an entire country like the one in Haiti. It really makes me wonder how bad God will let things get before we are raptured out of here. Hopefully it will be soon....today would be nice...matter of fact im not really doing anything important right now..........:rapture

I think that while I'm teaching Bible Study would be perfect... or now... or now...

silent one
February 8th, 2010, 10:31 AM
I'm thinking Sunday would be a nice day.........or now!

Tall Timbers
February 8th, 2010, 10:39 AM
I read on a thread here that there were hundreds of tiny quakes happening at Yellowstone. The same thing happened here in interior Alaska. Over a short period of time last summer there were hundreds of quakes... all quite small, the largest being about 3.0 and almost all of them such that you didn't feel them. Kind of interesting.

Sheprdboi
February 8th, 2010, 11:24 AM
The Birth Pangs are Seriously Increasing, weekly in earth quakes and daily in the stomping of war and the way things are heating up and war ships being sent out, how much longer? Oh we'll see lots more yet, before we are taken out of here, my humble opinion.

JY11
February 8th, 2010, 02:12 PM
The whole world is rocking and shaking. In that, we keep looking up!