PDA

View Full Version : I have a date!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Kookalas1211
May 13th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Don't guess too lowor she'll come out underage.........and thats illegal:lol2 .

Just Dave
May 14th, 2007, 11:41 AM
We're still having fun, have played golf a few times and gone to dinner and lunch out. I'd like to invite her over to my place for dinner and a movie. Think it's too soon? We're very comfortable together, I'm getting tired of going out all the time though, I'd like to have her over for a romantic dinner.

Big Daddy
May 14th, 2007, 02:30 PM
We're still having fun, have played golf a few times and gone to dinner and lunch out. I'd like to invite her over to my place for dinner and a movie. Think it's too soon? We're very comfortable together, I'm getting tired of going out all the time though, I'd like to have her over for a romantic dinner.[What does a "romantic" dinner involve?
Why did she divorce?

Just Dave
May 15th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Romantic means.... well a gourmet dinner served to her so she knows that I appreciate her, and that she is worth doing special things for. Not physical romance.

We finally had the "divorce" talk. Her husband wanted out of the marriage so he could spend his life playing. Personally I think he was playing around, but she didn't specifically say that.

iwillnotstumble
May 16th, 2007, 03:54 AM
And don't burp or fart.

:pound :pound :lol2 make sure your not allergic to dairy products..... after i have ice cream............ yeah no one can stand to be near me :lol2

xtremeblvr
May 28th, 2007, 09:39 PM
this dude just met a lady, they've gone out a few times... and people are flipping out suggesting they go get counseling and even suggesting he's an unwitting victim of a scam artist!!!

big deal, she's divorced. so what?

look bro... go have fun! enjoy life! when the reason she got divorced comes up, it comes up.

some of these folks have gone way overboard. if you want some down to earth advice from a 30 somethin' that's been there and done it, PM me.

lol i'm sure these folks have your best interest at heart... but good golly!

- mike

Be very carefull...:yikes

I know a man who met a woman who said she was a Christian and she convinced two meetings that she was dedicated to the Lord.:pray

Wow... what I'm about to tell you will curl your toes.:gaah

They got married and he found out that she had $200,000.00 of debt. First red flag.:yikes

She said that she loved the outdoors and walking... not so after marriage. Second red flag.:gtongue

She stopped attending the church meeting. Third red flag

She wanted her name added to all his assets and a cruise or a trip to Hawaii. Fourth red flag

When he refused she left... no comment or explanation. Fifth red flag:scratch

She came back to get her things... this is what she said... and while there called 911 and filed a false report which landed him in jail. Sixth red flag

They gave his key to her and barred him from going near his house for 10 days. Seventh red flag:fear

She took everything he had and moved it out... when he came back it was empty. Eighth red flag:aha

Only thing that was saved was his accounts and house that was still in his name.

She had all the right answers because she was raised and worked for the Salvation Army. Her brother retired from the Salvation Army also.

If I didn't know this man for 62 years I would have suspected some abuse on his part. What a lesson to learn at that age.

LOOK OUT! YOU COULD BE NEXT...:pray

Christy
May 29th, 2007, 05:44 AM
Quite frankly I'm no good at giving advice, so I won't. Someone once said, looking for advice is actually roping in an accomplice! Anyway, I've reached the point in my life where I see things rather differently :

I'm too old to be embarrased :doh
I'm too old to try and impress someone :hehee
I know what/who/why I am :heh
And by this I'm not talking about physical attributes, more likely personality traits, character and my opinions and point of view as I'm rather eccentric and "different".

So if I had to meet someone and go on a "date", they'd really have to be understanding, considerate, humane and very accepting!

BUT on 2nd thoughts - If I can be an "accomplice" to this, the best advice I'd give is this :

JUST BE YOURSELF :hug

RefinedbyFire
May 29th, 2007, 11:46 AM
I was going to bring up the same thing that Zaphnaathpaaneah:

"And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery." -Mark 10:11,12

"But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery." -Matthew 5:32

"And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery." -Matthew 19:9

---------------------------------------------

We are not trying to "rain on your parade." As believers, we are just telling you the Word of God. Depending on this gal's past, you may commit adultery if you marry her. Jesus said it.

Betty: I know you aren't asking me, but as far as I have heard: You can repent of that sin if you are already locked into a new marriage, and it was done in ignorance. However, it should not be something done deliberately, knowing the Word of God, then planning to ask forgiveness later. (With deliberately sinning in marrying somebody, it can feel like a daily, ongoing sin that doesn't stop, even after you ask forgiveness).

xtremeblvr
May 29th, 2007, 12:01 PM
ok so if this guy marries the divorcee, he's commiting adultry?

i'm divorced and remarried. my wife was divorced. so we're commiting adultry? is this what you're saying? or implying that the Bible is telling me this? i don't think so.

RefinedbyFire
May 29th, 2007, 12:18 PM
^Jesus said it in His Word. So, it is so.

The Lord hates divorce (Malachi 2:16)

"For I hate putting away, saith Jehovah, the God of Israel" (ASV)
"For I detest divorce - said the LORD, the God of Israel" (NJPS)
'"I hate divorce," says the LORD God of Israel' (NIV)
"For I hate divorce, says the LORD, the God of Israel" (RSV; NRSV)

The Gospel shows:

1) If you divorce your wife, and you do not have Biblical grounds (she has to have committed fornication or adultery), then you have sinned, and cannot remarry without sinning again.

2) The same applies to the wife, if she divorces her husband in unBiblical grounds. She is not free to remarry without sinning again.

3) If Biblical grounds did not back-up the cause for the divorce, then whoever remarries the divorced person commits adultery.

Those rules reveal the Lord's hatred for divorce, and that taking vows before God is something to take serious, when He joins two flesh as one flesh. It definitely is not a sin to take lightly and needs to be repented of (change your mind about it, and don't do it anymore).