PDA

View Full Version : I have a date!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Majorgrace2
May 30th, 2007, 09:20 AM
^Thanks for those verses. I realize the Lord hates divorce -- at all costs. And, I was aware of the "let the unbeliever go" verse. And, by those verses you can see that if a spouse commits adultery, it is God's desire for the spouse to forgive & keep their spouse.

But, then again: Do they absolutely have to keep their spouse if adultery has happened? What if a spouse keeps committing adultery over & over, and then expects their spouse to always forgive them, support them, and stay married to them? Can you imagine having a spouse with that kind of behavior? It is one thing to forgive them 7X70, but to have to stay married in that kind of situation....

And, what IF a Christian husband just gets up one day and decides to leave his Christian wife, WHAT is the wife supposed to do? That is my question. She is allowed to remarry, right?

According to Scripture you should remain married for the sake of the unbeliever that they may see your good works and be saved. The only one Scripture gives the option of divorce to is the unbeliever. Once the unbeliever has determined to divorce the saved partner can remarry in the Faith.

RefinedbyFire
May 30th, 2007, 09:34 AM
^Thanks, Christy. I just want to make sure I have it all Scripturally correct, though. :) I can tell MajorGrace2 has studied it more in-depth.

MajorGrace2: So, what I see from those 1 Corinthians 7 verses you posted, and from your own words, is that if the unbeliever departs, the saved person is free to remarry a Christian (as long as that Christian doesn't have an unBiblical divorce in their past).

Is that correct?

Majorgrace2
May 30th, 2007, 09:43 AM
^Thanks, Christy. I just want to make sure I have it all Scripturally correct, though. :) I can tell MajorGrace2 has studied it more in-depth.

MajorGrace2: So, what I see from those 1 Corinthians 7 verses you posted, and from your own words, is that if the unbeliever departs, the saved person is free to remarry a Christian (as long as that Christian doesn't have an unBiblical divorce in their past).

Is that correct?

Correct. Remember that those who have been unsaved and now have trusted Christ as Savior are new in Christ Jesus and have begun a new life. If these are truly saved, which we must be careful to determine, then they are eligible as Christians in Christ Jesus to marry again.

Joel
May 30th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Why does this have to be a debate? The guy was happy he got a date.

Good grief people.

Majorgrace2
May 30th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Why does this have to be a debate? The guy was happy he got a date.

Good grief people.

These are questions that others would like to have answers to or just be better informed about. This is not an on going debate.

Sometimes a discussion will bring questions to mind that others would like to have answered.

Joel
May 30th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Nope. It looks like a debate.

Besides, these are very personal questions. Lets just be happy for the guy he got a date and stop prying.

If he had concerns, he would raise them in a seperate thread in a forum oriented towards that concern.

lisa
May 30th, 2007, 12:59 PM
I'm inclined to agree. Feel free to open a new thread on the topic if you would like.