PDA

View Full Version : Support for pretrib rapture

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65

one4God
September 14th, 2009, 07:12 AM
I think the most important thing to remember is that all people who have been washed in the blood of the Lamb are saved. It makes no sense for there to be any "divisions" among us. When the Rapture occurs is NOT the most important thing. Staying on the straight and narrow path and praying for Christ's return are.
Remember how God poured out the 10 plagues on the Egyptians (including the huge hailstones, boils, frogs, locusts, etc), yet none of these plagues affected the Hebrews (the elect). John tells us in Revelation that before the woes are poured out during the tribulation an angel seals the "elect" of the Jewish nation. I agree that the tribulation is for Israel's sake.
Jesus himself told us that we have not been appointed to wrath.

Caver
September 14th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Using only the direct words of Scripture, one can prove or disprove many, many things. Another phrase for it is cherry picking.

Take all relevant Scripture and take it in context.....then reevaluate. It is then that I think the meaning becomes so crystal clear as to render only one possibility as truth. Pre Trib.....plus we have an added bonus not always available to us. It makes sense. :wave

one4God
September 14th, 2009, 09:00 AM
:thumb

CakeDecorator
September 14th, 2009, 09:30 AM
I get emails from time to time from mainly post tribbers who want to "convince" me of the truth!

They drive me crazy with phrases like:

"Do your research"

"IF you study it correctly"

I keep telling that I have done my research that I have studied this with great detail. I didn't come across this and said to myself, "oh, yeah, this is it" without bothering to consider other options. Geez.

Pre-trib is the one that makes the most sense and IF the rapture didn't happen when we all think it does, I will still praise Jesus, I will still trust in him and I WILL know what is coming.

They think that believing ina pre-trib rapture leaves us completely unprepared and that we will fall under the "spell" of the antichrist. :doh:doh

Amber Lynne
September 14th, 2009, 09:38 AM
:rapture 1st - all else to follow!

This is how I understand it as well.

Stan In CA
September 14th, 2009, 09:50 AM
I dunno sequence is pretty clear to me. I'm not gonna be suggestive here, but it seems very clear to me in exact order to which the passage is written in.

Steve53
September 14th, 2009, 10:13 AM
I dunno sequence is pretty clear to me. I'm not gonna be suggestive here, but it seems very clear to me in exact order to which the passage is written in.

Glad we cleared that up! :lol2

Amber Lynne
September 14th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Just a thought, but it could be that Satan has had his "appointed" at the ready throughout history because he doesn't know when the "one who hinders will be taken out of the way" :idunno

:agree

Gideon300
September 14th, 2009, 10:24 AM
He said the pre-trib rapture (Thes. 4) does not measure up to it. To meet the Lord in the air...they said that we will meet the Lord in the air but then return to the Earth with him.

There is a lot of stuff that needs to be put with these teachings. When we return with Jesus, we come on white horses as the battle of Armageddon is raging. So for this pastor to be correct, we would have to be caught up, put on a white horse and instantly return with Jesus at the battle of Armageddon. Doesn't seem to fit.

Brinkley is correct! If I may add to his assessment, not only are we put on a white horse, the Bible is clear that we are going to receive a white robe in heaven too. The Bible does not say that we meet Jesus in the clouds, go back to heaven very quickly and get a white robe, and then come back to earth all at once. Christ said that he was going to prepare a place for us in his Father's house so that when he comes for us we can be with him there in heaven. It does not make sense that we meet him in the clouds and immediately come back to earth. What was the point in him preparing a place in heaven for us to be with him in heaven?

Gideon300
September 14th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Just a thought, but it could be that Satan has had his "appointed" at the ready throughout history because he doesn't know when the "one who hinders will be taken out of the way" :idunno

Yes, I believe you are correct! Satan doesn't know the day or the hour either, so he is always prepared.