PDA

View Full Version : Is Mormonism Christianity or a cult?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

watching4Him
May 4th, 2007, 04:14 PM
I watched a special the other night on one of local PBS stations on the Mormons, what they where saying was right down creepy. We have neighbors that are Mormons last year at Halloween they invited my two girls to trunk or treat & a chili dinner at their "church", I, later told my DH that the "church" had a feeling that I had felt only one other time. That was when I worked with kids in a group home, and the kids where doing things that opened the door to Satan & his demons. These people are so loss, and they don't even know it. They believe that they are the one true "church' according to the special.

BlessedinHim
May 5th, 2007, 05:59 PM
How do they back up those articles? Well, they think their "prophets" are receiving new and improved information all the time and that new information is better than what the bible says. That seems to be what they do. Taking fallible man's words over the Lord's word, wow, what a scary thing to do.

I know very little about Mormonism. So, can someone tell me the significance of planet kolab? Where is it located? Who, if anyone, is supposed to be there?? I know that I could do an internet search on this, but if someone could just give me a brief overview, I would appreciate it.

There is a few small videos that will explain it all very well, what their core beliefs are, I will see if I can find them and post them.

animated video on mormon beliefs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7v_V8qSIIo)

BabySteps
May 5th, 2007, 06:38 PM
I was baptized Mormon when i was 8. And if I was to go back to that LDS church I will still be on record as a member!(as i have stated in another thread) My step mom is mormon and her oldest DD (my step sister) is. Before I was saved I tried to get into the LDS church and teachings, I had grew up with the "brothers" coming to our house all the time. i just couldn't get into, something inside me then was convicting me it was wrong, and I wasn't even saved yet!
I watch the cartoon, and i also watched the reply to the cartoon. I just can't see how so many people with even a remote knowledge of the Bible and our Father could believe this bunk.
i pray for my sister, her and her family. And all who do not know Christ and the Truth.
Thanks for the info.
:pray

Timothy Sr.
May 5th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Walter Martin's Religious InfoNet has some great articles on this topic also, I have been witnessing to a young mormon convert for months, and as you said , he cannot back up this cult with scripture, after 2 months of discussion on this matter he was trying to convert me! He just refuses to believe what the bible says. Spiritual warfare is alive and well in the latter days. Thanks for this thread and GBU

TeachMe
May 5th, 2007, 11:14 PM
So.... The Mormons and the Scientologists need to get together? :fear

And the JW's. They are just as mixed up and deceived.

blitzkreig
May 6th, 2007, 12:09 AM
I have always been curious about the secret underwear too.

I mean if you are going to make up your own religion and all ... wouldn't secret underwear be in among the doctrines? :hehee

scrappergirl
May 6th, 2007, 04:05 PM
they'll never tell, blitz, after all..its a SECRET!

TeachMe
May 6th, 2007, 04:39 PM
I know very little about Mormonism. So, can someone tell me the significance of planet kolab? Where is it located? Who, if anyone, is supposed to be there?? I know that I could do an internet search on this, but if someone could just give me a brief overview, I would appreciate it.

There is no such place. It's all just in their belief.
It doesn't exist.
These people are deceived by satan just like so many other religious cults.

You do NOT want to get into believing any such false doctrines.
Mormonism is false.

Stay with the the truth, the Bible and the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

I have read some of their book of mormon out of curiosity, and believe me, it is something that a person cannot understand. I couldn't get into it very far, because it was just so FALSE.

alrdyreg
May 6th, 2007, 04:56 PM
That Chat Thing Is Awesome!!!!!

lisa
May 6th, 2007, 10:57 PM
There is no such place. It's all just in their belief.
It doesn't exist.
These people are deceived by satan just like so many other religious cults.

You do NOT want to get into believing any such false doctrines.
Mormonism is false.

Stay with the the truth, the Bible and the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

I have read some of their book of mormon out of curiosity, and believe me, it is something that a person cannot understand. I couldn't get into it very far, because it was just so FALSE.

I did the same thing many years ago, as my childhood best friend was/is entrenched in Mormonism. I thought that if I understood what they believed, I'd have a better footing for unraveling their faith as false. I learned though that it's far better to know the Truth backward and forward so when a counterfeit belief comes along, it's so much easier to spot.