PDA

View Full Version : Is Mormonism Christianity or a cult?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Waiting2go
December 19th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Well, I am not a Morman, but I would think that the elders would have a tremendous amount of influence on Romney (from what I do know about Mormanism). I do know, from personal experience, the amount of influence they have had, and still do, on my step mom and she is just an ordinary member. And from what I understand, Romney has some kind of very high position in the church (I can't remember what his title is now).

We know any cult is of satan and we know mormanism is of satan, so how can mormanism (in particular, the elders), not heavily influence Romney in his decisions and how he would run our country?

I can appreciate and understand people liking how "good and moral" he seems to be, but come on, he is following satan! Isn't that satan's job, to make his people look so "good and appealing"?

I would be curious to hear from ex mormans and get their input on this regarding the elders. Maybe Jen (Keiffers4Christ) will pop in on this one.

Waiting2go
December 19th, 2007, 11:20 PM
unforunately, my brother is friends with some of the main people at the temple...please, please pray for him. His name is John. He hasnt joined them yet ( as a member) and he has been friends with them for nearly 20 years. I praise God that and will keeping praying that the forces of darkness will not over take him. He debates my mom lot about the scriptures. He is still seeking the truth. sorry to derail this thread.

:pray Praying also!

dramama
December 19th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Well, I am not a Morman, but I would think that the elders would have a tremendous amount of influence on Romney (from what I do know about Mormanism). I do know, from personal experience, the amount of influence they have had, and still do, on my step mom and she is just an ordinary member. And from what I understand, Romney has some kind of very high position in the church (I can't remember what his title is now).

We know any cult is of satan and we know mormanism is of satan, so how can mormanism (in particular, the elders), not heavily influence Romney in his decisions and how he would run our country?

I can appreciate and understand people liking how "good and moral" he seems to be, but come on, he is following satan! Isn't that satan's job, to make his people look so "good and appealing"?

I would be curious to hear from ex mormans and get their input on this regarding the elders. Maybe Jen (Keiffers4Christ) will pop in on this one.:thumb:wave

Waiting2go
December 19th, 2007, 11:59 PM
:thumb:wave

:wave :hat

kc5ift458
December 20th, 2007, 12:10 AM
I am not Mormom but the christians who don't realize that they [ THE Mormons} or greatly influanced by the church. If you want to know more about the mormons and how they think and feel about certain things go check out John Ankerbergs website. Than I remember a long time ago I read a book on mormonisum but i can't remember what it was called. I changed my mind about voting for the mormon because it is in there nature to cling strongly to there church and there believes from Joseph Smith. We are living in difficult times. But we can only endure with Jesus at our side.

http://www.ankerberg.com/ankerberg-articles/Mormonism.html

http://www.johnankerberg.org/catalog/mormons.html

BlessedinHim
December 21st, 2007, 12:37 AM
Do you think Hillary has Jesus by her side? Really?

Which ones do? Huckabee? perhaps, most likely.

Jany
December 21st, 2007, 09:54 PM
I can remember when folks thought that JFK would have MUCH influence from the pope, but I don't recall that happening!! If the pope did, JFK sure went against his churches teachings not to have relations with other women, etc etc...

Anywho, really, think about it, how many of our Presidents have been really moved by Biblical teaching? I can't think of one in our modern day :-( <><

Heartstorm
December 22nd, 2007, 09:32 AM
Ex Mormon here and YES. The church will have a huge influence on Romney. The modern day prophet Hinkley and the 12 apostles will very very much have control of the white house if he wins. Believing that Hinkley hears messages from the Lord and is directed by those messages. All he has to do is to pass these on to Romney and as a Mormon, he will totaly believe them and act upon what he truly believes is a direct command from the Lord.The main passion of the church is that they are led by the prophets true prophets with no room for doubt.
The one thing I might point out is they BELIEVE very much. unwavering faith in the prophets.As we do in the Bible and in Christ. It is unshakable as our faith in Christ.
The other thing I will point out though it will inflame many...... As a Mormon he will be honest, very family oriented. Will follow the 10 commandments, Does believe in Jesus as the Savior, Will not be bought or swayed by money, he will honestly try to do what is right. BUT if he recieves a direct command from Hinkley ........ He will do it,

Waiting2go
December 22nd, 2007, 10:25 AM
Ex Mormon here and YES. The church will have a huge influence on Romney. The modern day prophet Hinkley and the 12 apostles will very very much have control of the white house if he wins. Believing that Hinkley hears messages from the Lord and is directed by those messages. All he has to do is to pass these on to Romney and as a Mormon, he will totaly believe them and act upon what he truly believes is a direct command from the Lord.The main passion of the church is that they are led by the prophets true prophets with no room for doubt.
The one thing I might point out is they BELIEVE very much. unwavering faith in the prophets.As we do in the Bible and in Christ. It is unshakable as our faith in Christ.
The other thing I will point out though it will inflame many...... As a Mormon he will be honest, very family oriented. Will follow the 10 commandments, Does believe in Jesus as the Savior, Will not be bought or swayed by money, he will honestly try to do what is right. BUT if he recieves a direct command from Hinkley ........ He will do it,

And we all know where Hinkley will be getting his direct command from!

Thanks Heartstorm, for your input on this. And you are right regarding their unwavering faith in the prophets. My step mom has proven that to me.

The good points you pointed out on how Romney will behave is what I feel will mislead so many. Don't get me wrong, it is great that he will be like that...........but I knew he would be. Mormons come across as some of the best people around. Problem is what you said about the prophets and how they will believe and do anything they say. And we all know that the prophets are not getting their messages from God.

BlessedinHim
December 22nd, 2007, 01:09 PM
Good point. I suppose Huckabee will be inline, and that is still a bit scary. Once they get in, they all seem to get out of whack.