PDA

View Full Version : Is Mormonism Christianity or a cult?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

BlessedinHim
July 2nd, 2008, 11:54 PM
what a wonderful testimony Lisa Jo. The Lord works through His word.

mary
July 5th, 2008, 10:48 AM
If anyone goes to Yahoo or Google and types in "Facts From Mormons," he or she will discover the covered up facts about the you-know-what that its leaders have accidentally admitted in unguarded moments. The same paper is actually a condensation of the highlights of the greatest and most effective work ever produced by the best known ex-Mormons: "Mormonism - Shadow or Reality" by Jerald and Sandra Tanner. Since neither the same 500-page work nor the condensation of it has ever been copyrighted, anyone is free to reproduce "Facts From Mormons" and even think up a different title for it so that LDS censors can't easily locate it and put pressure on engines to eliminate its listing (which has been done at times!). Mormons are nice folks to live around, but they surely have been deceived!

giatia
July 9th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Ed Decker at SaintsAlive.com has a good website about Mormons, Masonry, and other cults.

FaithContender
July 9th, 2008, 09:08 PM
But I'll tell you. . .there is a very strong spiritual battle that brews around Mormon followers. They have been brain washed. I remember a time when I would show them, on paper, proof after proof that the Mormons were wrong, and my parents would look at me with vacant eyes and proclaim that they believed in L.D.S.'s scriptures.

So true and so sad.:ohno My DH works closely with a Mormon, and has been witnessing to him for 2 1/2yrs now. This is exactly how he describes the man's response to the Truth.:ohno

wllcwally
July 9th, 2008, 09:10 PM
I live in a small southeastern Idaho town. I am surrounded by Mormons..They are constantly trying to get me to go to church with them. I tell them no and that I was raised as a born again Christian. They just act like that doesn't matter and that I need to be water baptized by a prophet rather that a preacher and join the church. I put a cross in my door window. They have seemed to back off. They kinda ignore me now. It's almost like if if don't do what they say they get resentful. I continue to pray for my Mormon neighbors and there children that their eye will be opened to the true God of mercy. What a spiritual battle..

billiefan2000
December 19th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Focus on the Family Embraces Mormonism
Dec 19

Focus on the Family’s Citizen Link publication presents conservative political talker Glenn Beck’s “Christian” testimony in this month’s online edition. The only problem is, Glenn Beck is a member of the Latter Day Saints. That’s the Mormon Church that teaches that Jesus and Lucifer were spirit brothers. Here’s a web page that shows how Mormonism denies biblical doctrine.

http://contenderministries.org/mormonism/comparison.php

Here is Glenn Beck’s Mormon testimony.

http://www.sliceoflaodicea.com/uncategorized/focus-on-the-family-embraces-mormonism/

BTW:

there is a prayer chain for Glenn Beck at:

http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=19012&page=23

UNeverEverNo
December 19th, 2008, 06:47 PM
He's a professing Mormon, but God is using him.

Focus on the Family is a group that doesn't bend and compromise Biblical principles. There must be a good reason.

pegmo
December 19th, 2008, 07:02 PM
He's a professing Mormon, but God is using him.

Focus on the Family is a group that doesn't bend and compromise Biblical principles. There must be a good reason.

My impression of Focus on the Family is that they are very soft on the saving gospel....that they are very ecumenical. They certainly don't distinguish between Catholic and Christian......that's primarily what I am referencing with my comment.

Tres Wright
December 19th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Just because they're having this guy on their show does not necessarily mean they are embracing his beliefs, he may be on there so they can challenge his beliefs. Is there a link to their web site about this?

faithmarie
December 19th, 2008, 08:52 PM
I think you just have to look at focus on the family as a family and psychology forum. Dobson believes in evolution. He did a few years ago anyway, I haven't heard anything to the contrary.