View Full Version : 8.1 quake

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15

icebear
October 7th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Yes but if Chuck Norris Dived in it would be a 50ft tsunami. Just saying
chuck norris dosen't have tsunamis, tsunamis have chuck norrises

Robinbobbin
October 8th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Does anyone know if these are on the same fault lines as the earthquakes last week? or, does anyone know of a site where I can look that up?

BabeinChrist
October 8th, 2009, 12:50 AM
I'm lost for words, so I'll borrow Gods
Luke 21:11
And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

Adoration
October 8th, 2009, 10:31 AM
chuck norris dosen't have tsunamis, tsunamis have chuck norrises

:lol2 Praise God that Chuck is a born- again Christian too!:thumb

WVBORN56
October 8th, 2009, 12:48 PM
I'm lost for words, so I'll borrow Gods
Luke 21:11
And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

We don't seem to track pestilence and famine as well as earthquakes. I guess earthquakes are more noticalbe and dramatic.

We seem pretty sure erthquakes are on the increase. What about the other two?

Thoughts or statistics to share?

icebear
October 8th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Does anyone know if these are on the same fault lines as the earthquakes last week? or, does anyone know of a site where I can look that up?

i believe so, "the ring of fire" is what it is called.

actually Fox News just did a teaser on the recent nomber of quakes (17 i think they said) and mentioned the ring of fier and said that some geologists were concerned that an earthquake on the other side of the world could bring destruction to the united states like it has never seen before.

i think i got the wording pretty close to exact...

anyway, they will have the story on shortly after this current commercial break is over

icebear
October 8th, 2009, 12:54 PM
We don't seem to track pestilence and famine as well as earthquakes. I guess earthquakes are more noticalbe and dramatic.

We seem pretty sure erthquakes are on the increase. What about the other two?

Thoughts or statistics to share?

pestilence and famine often follow quakes and weather disasters, usuallt the focus is on the disaster itself not always the aftermath beyond the search for bodies, at least thats what it seems like to me. the news will tell you about the storm or the quake, then for maybe 3 days they will report about the search for survivors and after that the story dissolves

jadeeyes
October 8th, 2009, 01:05 PM
I keep hearing that famine is on the increase, but I'm sorry, I have no stats to confirm it.

WVBORN56
October 8th, 2009, 01:05 PM
pestilence and famine often follow quakes and weather disasters, usuallt the focus is on the disaster itself not always the aftermath beyond the search for bodies, at least thats what it seems like to me. the news will tell you about the storm or the quake, then for maybe 3 days they will report about the search for survivors and after that the story dissolves

Good point icebear...I guess I was thinking more along the lines of the staving children we use to see in Africa. I'm sure they are still there but is it increasing?

caligal
October 8th, 2009, 01:37 PM
WVBORN why don't you start a new thread about that. I'm sure there are people here that would help you with stats.