PDA

View Full Version : OK who wants to start a new church!!!

Pages : [1] 2

hurryupJesus
November 2nd, 2009, 02:00 PM
I've been spending hours online. today I looked up my friends church out of state, well they are affiliated with the church in CA that promotes being drunk in the spirit, cuz drunk people can be crazy, crazy for God!

Then I found a church that appeared to be ok, but they have Beth Moore for their womens BIble study.

I also found www.nlcchurch.com and they were the only website that talked about the Rapture! and the millenium! YEA!! BUT then it said when you are baptised in the HOly Spirit, the evidence is speaking in tounges. And I don't believe everyone is meant to speak in tounges.

SSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..... I mean does everyone here over look these things if the church is BASICALLY what you believe in? Or do you keep holding out?

I am praying for a new church, and I know God will bring me to one in His time. But I am curious, I don't belive I have all the answers, maybe some people here can offer their insight. I know a few of you are in the same boat.

Trance
November 2nd, 2009, 02:49 PM
I don't believe in speaking in tounge either. I believe if God has something to say, you will be able to understand.

candlelight
November 2nd, 2009, 04:50 PM
I don't believe in speaking in tounge either. I believe if God has something to say, you will be able to understand.

Never once have I seen an interpretor when people speak in tongues, NOT ONCE and personally they all sound the same. She ba ba ba. Do not mean to step on anyone's toes or hurt feelings, but they all sound the same?

I vote to start a new church and OWL can be the Pastor. Are ya up to it OWL?:yeah

His Bride
November 2nd, 2009, 04:52 PM
Never once have I seen an interpretor when people speak in tongues, NOT ONCE and personally they all sound the same. She ba ba ba. Do not mean to step on anyone's toes or hurt feelings, but they all sound the same?

I vote to start a new church and OWL can be the Pastor. Are ya up to it OWL?:yeah

(Don't mistake the Owl feathers for angel feathers, candlelight):lol2

There is such a short supply of good, biblical teaching churches, but they still do exist in some areas!

candlelight
November 2nd, 2009, 04:56 PM
(Don't mistake the Owl feathers for angel feathers, candlelight):lol2

There is such a short supply of good, biblical teaching churches, but they still do exist in some areas!

LOL, probably will not be any living with him now, eh:pound

hurryupJesus
November 2nd, 2009, 05:24 PM
Okay, you guys are funny, :) but what do you think about my questions? I was really excited to see the church website talking about the rapture, but ....well I guess I am answering my own question, how could i ever go to a church that says you speak in tounges as a result of the HOly Spirit, while I remain silent. :( so so sad

PSK
November 2nd, 2009, 05:29 PM
I wish we all lived a stones throw from each other. I would love to go to an RR church!!

candlelight
November 2nd, 2009, 05:35 PM
Okay, you guys are funny, :) but what do you think about my questions? I was really excited to see the church website talking about the rapture, but ....well I guess I am answering my own question, how could i ever go to a church that says you speak in tounges as a result of the HOly Spirit, while I remain silent. :( so so sad

Understood and so sorry. Hope I did not offend you:hug I truly do understand what you are saying and I wish I could explain it, but I know that I know that the Lord does not require me to speak in tongues to have the Holy Spirit. I have seen so many think they are speaking in tongues, but to be truthful the Lord showed me many do if for show and to be experential. I do not speak in tongues, nor do I desire it, but I know the Lord has shown me many things through the Holy Spirit and I praise him for that. Do not feel guilty if you do not speak in tongues. I do not think the Bible requires it and if I remember correctly, it is the last of the gifts.

Nightelf
November 2nd, 2009, 05:37 PM
Well, there are certain doctrines that are simply non-negotiable in order to be a Christian church.

Among these are:

The deity of Christ
The Virgin birth
The Trinity
The Blood atonement
The Bodily resurrection
The authority/inerrancy of the scriptures

(Notice that emergents like Rob Bell have thrown question on ALL of these, but I digress!)

These are absolute deal-breakers... any church that strays or errs in teaching these things in a scripturally-sound fashion, should not be joined, IMHO.

There are secondary doctrines such as speaking in tongues, celebrating holidays, moderate use of alcohol, etc. etc. in which we can "agree to disagree" and still fellowship together. However, if they are using it as a test of salvation, then you should probably steer clear. I think you alone, need to decide how comfortable you would be in a church that emphasizes a secondary doctrine that you don't support.

Brinkley
November 2nd, 2009, 06:19 PM
I agree with Nightelf, and having said that, I like the "community church" approach if it adheres to the above doctrines and beliefs. "Regular" churches are losing their steam. They are becoming cold, judgmental and boring. The new "out there" churches are too much out there and are searching for cliches to sound clever rather than dwelling on the Word.

Small group Bible studies will probably replace the regular church very soon as the mega, emergent, new doctrine churches will flourish and preach a false message of self esteem and tolerance for others.