PDA

View Full Version : Will this Generation see the End of the Age? (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

mom4Yehoshua
November 4th, 2009, 11:14 PM
I am very much ready to leave....PLEASE LET IT BE NOW LORD GOD! :pray

Jesus's Girl
November 4th, 2009, 11:59 PM
So, the generation that saw Israel become a nation... how old do you think they are?? If they are in their 90's, Jesus must be coming super soon, no???

Nightelf
November 5th, 2009, 02:49 AM
Well, math was never my strong suit, but if it was 1948, then they are all about 51 years old now.

candlelight
November 5th, 2009, 04:58 AM
Well, math was never my strong suit, but if it was 1948, then they are all about 51 years old now.

If someone was born in 1948 they would be 61 years old. I was born in 1957 and I am 52.

Patti311
November 5th, 2009, 05:19 AM
I believe we are the generation as well. These threads get me so excited...for one specific reason...to finally see Jesus, and as Jesus' Girl said....to hear Him laugh...hmmm, I never thought of that one. It's almost impossible to come back down to earth after reading all these wonderful posts. Some day soon, we are going with Him, to meet Him, and be with Him forever. If that's not excitement....I really don't know what is. :yeah

im4Jesus
November 5th, 2009, 05:20 AM
That's what it says in the Bible -- and the Bible has a foolproof track record!

annie43
November 5th, 2009, 05:32 AM
I sure hope all of you are right, I've just turned 61 and I really don't want to think of all the things coming at us, so let it be soon God!!! Please!! The older I get the harder things get, whether it is political or financial. I cant' wait to see Jesus and leave this behind, so this would be a good time for the rapture to come.

Castle
November 5th, 2009, 06:15 AM
This thread comes up about every month.

There are no scriptures which state that Israel's regathering is the beginning of the generation, or the beginning of the birth pains.

Jesus identified the beginning of the generation (aka "beginning of birth pains") in the Olivet Discourse, and it isn't tied to Israel in 1948.

Israel's regathering is one of the many signs telling us that we're in the last generation, but no where does it signal the beginning of birth pains. You have to go back about 30 years for the beginning of the birth pains :hat

LUVSLLAMAS
November 5th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Don't get hung up on all the numbers.
We ARE the generation! :nod

Amen, brother! Jesus said it......I believe it......that settles it.

Jesus's Girl
November 5th, 2009, 10:34 AM
I disagree, very much so Castle. And it probably comes up every month because the Bride can't wait to see Her Bridegroom! You should do some studying up on Israel and how she is the Epicenter (ie: Joel Rosenberg, Messianic Jew, Prophecy Scholar) of God's plan for humanity. Israel has everything to do with the last generation. When Israel became a nation, we saw the "fig tree" that Jesus told us about, that Summer was near! The Fig Tree represents Israel in the Olivet Discourse and also throughout the Bible; ie: Jon Courson, prophecy scholar. When the Fig Tree begins to "bloom": “Now learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branches bud and its leaves begin to sprout, you know that summer is near." Matthew 24:32. Here's the prophecy that Israel would become a nation again:

Ezekiel 37

A Valley of Dry Bones

1 The Lord took hold of me, and I was carried away by the Spirit of the Lord to a valley filled with bones.

2 He led me all around among the bones that covered the valley floor. They were scattered everywhere across the ground and were completely dried out.

3 Then he asked me, “Son of man, can these bones become living people again?”

“O Sovereign Lord,” I replied, “you alone know the answer to that.”

4 Then he said to me, “Speak a prophetic message to these bones and say, ‘Dry bones, listen to the word of the Lord!

5 This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Look! I am going to put breath into you and make you live again!

6 I will put flesh and muscles on you and cover you with skin. I will put breath into you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.’”

7 So I spoke this message, just as he told me. Suddenly as I spoke, there was a rattling noise all across the valley. The bones of each body came together and attached themselves as complete skeletons.

8 Then as I watched, muscles and flesh formed over the bones. Then skin formed to cover their bodies, but they still had no breath in them.

9 Then he said to me, “Speak a prophetic message to the winds, son of man. Speak a prophetic message and say, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Come, O breath, from the four winds! Breathe into these dead bodies so they may live again.’”

10 So I spoke the message as he commanded me, and breath came into their bodies. They all came to life and stood up on their feet—a great army.

11 Then he said to me, “Son of man, these bones represent the people of Israel. They are saying, ‘We have become old, dry bones—all hope is gone. Our nation is finished.’

12 Therefore, prophesy to them and say, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: O my people, I will open your graves of exile and cause you to rise again. Then I will bring you back to the land of Israel.

13 When this happens, O my people, you will know that I am the Lord.

14 I will put my Spirit in you, and you will live again and return home to your own land. Then you will know that I, the Lord, have spoken, and I have done what I said. Yes, the Lord has spoken!’”

Of course, there are no scriptures that say QUOTE "When you see Israel become a nation in 1948, look up!" No, Jesus didn't say that. You have to look at the place, time period and the crowd He was speaking to. Obviously, Israel has some great importance in the last days pertaining to His coming, especially when Israel is the fig tree; Jesus said that summer was near. Israel is the key; then the rest of the signs of the times follow. Yes, Israel was a BIG birth pain. That was a given.