PDA

View Full Version : Will this Generation see the End of the Age? (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

im4Jesus
October 12th, 2009, 09:24 PM
I think even God has His limits.

mom4Yehoshua
October 12th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Sometimes I wish that the world was Christian, that way things wouldnt be as bad as what they are today. I know that thats wishful thinking, but I have been rather disheartened lately, about the fact that there isnt alot of christian stuff where i am. Stuff, i mean, like books and cd's and dvd's, that sorta thing. There is a bit in the library, but not much. Everything seems so secular and just, well, worldly. I get the impression that alot of people just arent interested in the things of God, or wanting to know Him. It seems as though everyone is just interested in their own life and what they can get out of it. Then, all of a sudden, the rapture happens and they are left behind to deal with what will come.
Why, Lord, must things be so bad? I pray you come again soon, to take us to be with you. Until then, give us the strength to live for you in this hostile and apathetic world we live in. In Jesus' name. Amen :pray

This reminds me of what I noticed today. I was not thinking about anything bad or evil while strolling Target today. I wanted to see what Christian books were selling. Hoping for a Joel Rosenburg book. I saw nothing but sex, murder, and the like. There was a writer who rewrote pride and justice with the addition of zombies? there was another novel that was a classic with the addition of something just as evil from the same writer. NO normal books. I looked at the teen young/ adult section and there were only books about magic, evil, fairies, demons, witches, and the like. I walked to the children's section and there was a book with BO painted in pastels or tempera....just said Barak. Ummm...that is a bummer ya'll. Can't even find one decent book really that I am interested in. Oh well. Thought I'd share my findings.

HisAlways
October 12th, 2009, 11:30 PM
But what does the "fullness of the Gentiles" actually mean? Does that mean that there must be a certain number saved before the rapture happens? :hmmm
And isnt this the times of the Gentiles that we are living in now? Yes...we are living in the time of the Gentiles, I believe. I think it is referring to the time that the non-Jewish people (mainly muslims) have control of the Lord's temple mount, as they now have authority, and have built their mosques on it. At some point, the Lord will have enough, all that are called to be saved will be saved, and the time of the Gentiles will be fulfilled.

LindaR
October 12th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Don’t confuse "the fullness of the Gentiles" (Rom. 11:25) with "the times of the Gentiles" (Luke 21:24):

1) THE FULLNESS OF THE GENTILES involves the relationship of the Gentiles to the church during this present age. God is adding to His Church daily such as should be saved (Acts 2:47), and primarily (though not exclusively) it is Gentiles who are being added to this body. When the full number of Gentiles comes in, then the rapture of the church will take place (the body of Christ will be complete!).

2) THE TIMES OF THE GENTILES involves the relationship of the Gentiles to the nation Israel. As it says in Luke 21:24--"Jerusalem shall be trodden down by the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled." Scofield defines this period of time as follows: "The Times of the Gentiles is that long period beginning with the Babylonian captivity of Judah, under Nebuchadnezzar, and to be brought to an end by the destruction of Gentile world-power by the ‘stone cut out without hands’ (Dan. 2:34,35,44), i.e. the coming of the Lord in glory (Rev. 19:11,21), until which time Jerusalem is politically subject to Gentile rule (Luke 21:24)."

Concerning "the fullness of the Gentiles" it is the Gentiles who are being saved and added to the church until the body of believers is completed. Concerning "the times of the Gentiles" it is the Gentiles who are ruling over Jerusalem and controlling it until the second coming of Christ. Though these two phrases sound similar they must be distinguished (often Rom. 11:25 is wrongly linked together with Luke 21:24 by cross-references found in the margins of Bibles, etc.). We must distinguish things that differ.

http://www.middletownbiblechurch.org/romans/romans11.htm

ChristIsKing2008
October 12th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Thank you Linda for making that clear :hug
I just pray that the fullness of the Gentiles will happen in our lifetime.

LindaR
October 12th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Thank you Linda for making that clear :hug
I just pray that the fullness of the Gentiles will happen in our lifetime.
The Rapture of the Church is imminent....in a moment...in the twinkling of an eye!

Revelation 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Maranatha!

ChristIsKing2008
October 13th, 2009, 12:09 AM
:amen

Rockofages
October 13th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

It is also interesting to note that the original greek word for the words "come in" is "eiserchomai" meaning " to enter, arise , come (in,into), enter in, go in (through)

Every word above sounds to me like rapture.

Julian4JC
October 13th, 2009, 03:15 AM
Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

It is also interesting to note that the original greek word for the words "come in" is "eiserchomai" meaning " to enter, arise , come (in,into), enter in, go in (through)

Every word above sounds to me like rapture.
I love it when the original words clarifies the meaning of scripture :)

Not Perfect, But Forgiven
October 13th, 2009, 09:19 AM
But what does the "fullness of the Gentiles" actually mean? Does that mean that there must be a certain number saved before the rapture happens? :hmmm
And isnt this the times of the Gentiles that we are living in now?

Yes, since God is in control and has a plan for every tiny thing, there will be a precise number of people that are going to be raptured. Judging by the world and the times we live in, most of them are saved and have come to Christ as we speak. When that exact number is reached and world events are precisely on track, the Rapture will occur at that split instant. God is an awesome God. He works on the inside and the outside. The last remaining people to be saved are most likely being affected as we speak, and the news channels and the Holy Spirit are confirming that the return of our Lord is close. Inside and out we have proof. God is amazing.:thumb