PDA

View Full Version : Pope John Paul II Used Belt to Whip Himself, Slept on Floor

Pages : [1] 2

ComeLordJesus
January 26th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Amazing what people do to try to earn God's favor. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35079187/ns/world_news-europe/?GT1=43001

In the book, Oder wrote that John Paul frequently denied himself food especially during the holy season of Lent and "frequently spent the night on the bare floor," [B]messing up his bed in the morning so he wouldn't draw attention to his act of penitence. Isn't this lying?

I wonder if the Pope was a Christian.

Marie_M
January 26th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Amazing what people do to try to earn God's favor. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35079187/ns/world_news-europe/?GT1=43001

In the book, Oder wrote that John Paul frequently denied himself food especially during the holy season of Lent and "frequently spent the night on the bare floor," [B]messing up his bed in the morning so he wouldn't draw attention to his act of penitence. Isn't this lying?

:tsk

I personally have a hard time believing that anyone who is actively involved in the RCC and practicing their rituals is truly saved. Their "conversion" is based on lies, heresies and a false representation of the Christ of the Bible.

Clouds
January 26th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Self-denial has a role in strengthening a believer, as does suffering for the true faith. However....

The reasoning of what many in Romanism do, such as self-denial and self-inflicted pain, is that they think doing those things will somehow "purge" themselves of their sins or sinful nature. This false idea of "self-penance" being capable of any purging is where they effectively deny what Christ did to redeem us from our sin. If we could do any such self-purging of sin, then Jesus would not have needed to come as our Redeemer to suffer in our deserved place.

His Bride
January 26th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Jesus paid it all....

Man has often thought of bizarre rituals to reach God.....how sad! While Jesus stands there with outstretched hands just waiting to hear, forgive and offer His gift of salvation, men continue to use outrageous means and methods!:tsk

Zaphnathpaaneah
January 26th, 2010, 11:41 PM
1 Peter 2:24 (ASV) 24who his own self bare our sins in his body upon the tree, that we, having died unto sins, might live unto righteousness; by whose stripes ye were healed.

It's by Jesus' stripes we are healed. Not our own.

His Bride
February 19th, 2010, 08:38 AM
He wasn't trying to earn God's favor. He was doing a self-imposed penance even though it was a bit extreme. This kind of penance was much more common amongst the ancient monastics.

Again, Jesus paid it all....once, on the cross....He took the punishment.....sad that he never knew God's favor.

Nightelf
February 19th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Again, Jesus paid it all....once, on the cross....He took the punishment.....sad that he never knew God's favor.

Amen. Trying to "do penance" or earn God's favor by torturing yourself, makes a mockery of all the suffering that Jesus did on the cross, which was SUFFICIENT to cover our sins in God's sight.

Mitsy
February 19th, 2010, 04:37 PM
I feel sorry for him if this is true. He hadn't understood that we cannot pay for our own Sins and that is WHY Jesus had to die for us. :sad

RO 7:21 So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God's law; 23 but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

RO 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man, 4 in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.

His Bride
February 20th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Colossians 2:18-23:

"Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of

angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflated without cause by his fleshly mind, and not

holding fast to the head, from whom the entire body, being supplied and held together by the joints

and ligaments, grows with a growth which is from God. If you have died with Christ to the

elementary principles of the world, why, as if you were living in the world, do you submit yourself to

decrees, such as, 'Do not handle, do not taste, do not touch' which all refer to things destined to

perish with use--in accordance with the commandments and teachings of men? These are matters

which have, to be sure, the appearance of wisdom in self-made religion and self-abasement and

severe treatment of the body, but are of no value against fleshly indulgence."

After reading this passage, it renders all such practices as foolish and completely unbiblical.

Jesuschangesall
February 20th, 2010, 01:14 PM

Sorry family,
but i have an impression that you are not acquainted with The Rcc vocations,priesthood and their religion,now,I want to venture in explaining hoping not to offend anyone but with the intent of helping those here that are of RCC provenience and still have doubts about that mega-organitazion that Rome is.
So,bear with me,please.
First: The Rcc church stems from the heresy that The lord creaed a POPE who is THE VICAR of CHRIST ( Vicar means somebody that takes the place of and operates in the name of and is the exclusive representative of the one of which takes the place) It is a latin word ,in fact THE POPE calls HIMSELF= VICARIUS FILII DEI =VICAR OF THE SON OF GOD. In the RCC cathechism THE POPE is JESUS on earth,so THE POPE IS INFALLIBLE when HE TEACHES EX-CATHEDRA,meaning HIS ENCICLICAE are EQUAL to THE WORD of GOD and so they are DOGMA=Absolute truth that unless you obey you are going against GOD that THE POPE represent...so heavy it is that if you rebel you can be EX_COMMUNICATE-meaning thrown out of the RCC and so automatically YOU GO TO HELL unless you repent in total contrition and go back to kiss his backside like a total slave.....THEY,the POPES CANNOT BE CHRISTIANS because THEY PREACH another GOSPEL ( salvation by WORKS and TOTAL OBEDIENCE and SUBMISSION to the RCC clergy,pratically leave your brain outside the church,before entering and OBEY you little inferior lay person,because THE HOLY MAGISTERUS of THE RCC holds THE TRUTH,and you know nothing.) THE POPE EXALTS THE MADONNA,( not even the Mary mother of our Lord) but THE QUEEN OF HEAVEN ( go read what God thinks of that in the book of Jeremiah)....SHE is according to their lies,THE ONLY TRUE WAY to JESUS ( Jesus is pretty stern and angry with us sinners,according to their teaching) and SHE intercedes for you,dirty slimy sinner, after that you repeat as a parrot countless Rosary full of repetitious useless AVE MARY and OUR FATHER( they also changed THE so so called LORD's PRAYER to their use and consume) Eventually,Jesus,being stern and angry but cannot resist his mum,will grant partial forgiveness after you do PENANCE and put lots of money in the RCC money box and light up ( paying) candles to MARY and another zillion of fake saints and various puppets on the cross that is their dead Christ)....in fact you have to go to the confessional box to tell all your evil deeds to a pervert priest that possibly enjoys himself not lightly to hear your sexual sins especially if you are a woman or a child if the priest is a pedophile or a perverted homosexual...) It is dark,people,it is dark,and I feel that I should stop,because I have been a RCC little boy and altar boy in the HOLY CITY ( what a joke!) of ROME( notoriously the capital of THE CRUEL ROMAN EMPIRE that crucified our Lord) and not only that THE ROMAN EMPIRE STILL EXISTS,NEVER STOPPED to EXIST and THE POPE IS THE NEW EMPEROR,in fact he titles himself PONTEFIX MAXIMUS title exclusive of THE ROMAN EMPEROR .Pontifex Maximus,means GREATEST BRIDGE BUILDER,usurping the position of BRIGDGE-MEDIATOR between GOD and MAN which is JESUS CHRIST( the REAL ONE) and not a mortal stinking BUSINESS man like a POPE.
The word POPE means=PAPA=FATHER so he also takes out of the way THE HEAVENLY FATHER,and so now we have to call this EVIL PREY BIRD of THE POPE ( this one now and the other before) "HOLY FATHER ( I want throw up,sorry) HIS HOLINESS THE HOLY FATHER and other amenities like that.I suppose is HOLY FATHER because his soul IS AN HOLE TO HELL!
JESUS is pratically reduce to a zero in the RCC,in fact they have created the HEAVEN PURGATORY HELL doctrine,so if you do penance,PAY loads of money to the RCC and OBEY like atotal zombie to what this evil cub say,you might go to burn a few thousands years in the RCC purgatory,where the flames will burn away your sins and purify you to enter heaven ( their heaven anyway is disgusting,filled with THE QUEEN of HEAVEN and all the wet and corrupted RCC saints) provided that YOUR FAMILY on earth,while you are dead and rotting in the coffin and in reality are in HELL,but they don't know,provided your surviving family PAYS the priest to recite many EXPENSIVES HOLY MASSES for THE DEFUNCTUS ( the dead) with different tariffs according if it a SUNG MASS and depending on the number of CANDLES lit for ( previous payment of MORE MONEY) ....somehow the RCC and the WOF and all the preachers of the law that IMPOSE THE TITHE to the NEW TESTAMENT BELIEVERS trying TO BUY GOD,and PUTTING THE NEW TESTAMENT BELIEVER UNDER THE CURSE OF THE LAW,somehow I said are very alike.....I wonder why,no problem,THE WOF is a creation of THE RCC just as ISLAM is a cration of THE RCC and THE NAZI-FASCISTmovement of HITLER and MUSSOLINI who both were VERY DEVOUT RCC and that both had as their motto GOT MIT UNS =GOD IS WITH US,dedicated as they were to distroy ISRAEL and the JEWS because THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH is ANTI-SEMITIC to THE CORE and the ambition of THE VATICAN is to have THE HOLY SEE IN JERUSALEM......I wonder why the MADONNA of FATIMA bears the name OF MOHAMED daughter....look,I have to stop,you might think I hate RCC catholic people,NO WAY,by the grace of GOD (THE REAL DEAL) I have been used by HIM to preach the gospel to many RCC people that Have converted to JESUS and left the BAAL CHURCH.THANK YOU JESUS.I love the people but I hate the RCC organization because it is EVIL to THE CORE and is total LIE,their Jesus is a wafer,their saints are dead statues and those who worship there BECOME like what they worship,DEAD >
NOW,I stop,and if the mods want cancel and erase my post,I will accept it,because I am a bit strong in this subject,but if you prefer something more accurate and better said go read chick publications online and also there are books and books by Hislop and others that will tell you about the RCC that HAS SLAIN and TORTURED millions of BORN AGIN CHILDREN OF GOD during the centuries of their ecclesiastic DICTATORSHIP and TIRANNY.
Did you wonder why PRESIDENTS,QUEENS<HEAD OF STATES go always to VISIT tHE HOLY FATHER and THEY ADDRESS HIM "HOLY FATHER" Even the various" so called born again American presidents ,even Billy Graham,I saw the pics of Billy all kisses and smiles with PAULUS VI,.....I better stop.

PEACE TO TO ALL THAT LOVE THE LORD JESUS CHRIST THE REAL ONE.