PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft The Sermon??

Pages : [1] 2

billiefan2000
February 8th, 2010, 06:16 PM
World of Warcraft The Sermon??

New No Hope Church in Calgary, Canada has bought the purpose-driven / seeker-driven lie that church is for unbelievers and that we have to make it appealing to the world or they won't show up at our churches. Rather than boldly preaching the scriptures in season and out of season (2 Tim. 4:1-4) they've watered down and obscured God's Word and mixed it with things it was never intended to be mixed with such as the World of Warcraft. The result is a convoluted message and a painfully inauthentic grasping at relevance.

http://www.alittleleaven.com/2010/02/world-of-warcraft-the-sermon.html

vemee
February 8th, 2010, 06:25 PM
They might be more on target if they did a sermon on twister.

billiefan2000
February 8th, 2010, 06:27 PM

you maybe right

the seeker-driven church and purpose-driven church movement's gotten so many in the churches astray

and nonsense like sermons on world of warcraft are a example of it

Nightelf
February 8th, 2010, 06:49 PM

Or Grand Theft Auto..... or Mario Kart...... how about Yoshi's Cookie? :rolleyes

As one who's played the game (WOW) this makes no sense to me. For one thing, why subject a whole congregation to a sermon full of references (to the game) that they' won't understand? Stick to preaching the Bible FROM the Bible... it's relevant all by it'self, it doesn't need "help".

billiefan2000
February 9th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Or Grand Theft Auto..... or Mario Kart...... how about Yoshi's Cookie? :rolleyes

As one who's played the game (WOW) this makes no sense to me. For one thing, why subject a whole congregation to a sermon full of references (to the game) that they' won't understand? Stick to preaching the Bible FROM the Bible... it's relevant all by it'self, it doesn't need "help".

let's not give seeker guys any ideas

i hope not regarding the Mario Kart.

several things I liked have been ruined cause of seeker obsessed pastors.

Nightelf
February 9th, 2010, 02:33 PM
let's not give seeker guys any ideas

i hope not regarding the Mario Kart.

several things I liked have been ruined cause of seeker obsessed pastors.

Oh I'm sure they'd have a heyday with the Rainbow Road :heh

Buzzardhut
February 9th, 2010, 02:42 PM

more like Grand Theft Church :tsk

Nightelf
February 9th, 2010, 02:49 PM
more like Grand Theft Church :tsk

Ain't that the truth! :sad

billiefan2000
February 9th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Oh I'm sure they'd have a heyday with the Rainbow Road :heh

:lol2

I actually have mario kart wii and the rainbow road is pretty easy , dont like to use speed boosters on that level cause there is no way to avoid falling off the road.

BHuskey
February 11th, 2010, 12:07 PM
My husband is an unbeliever and these sermons themed on worldly things totally turned off even the slightest interest he had into going to church. He thinks they are ridiculous and absurd. I have to agree, they embarrass me. How can you preach a sermon based on the Super Bowl or 24 or LOST or Survivor when the Bible explicitly tells us that we are to be separate and are not of this world and to throw away our old flesh and to focus on God. How can we bring the Light of Truth when it's buried in the murky darkness of worldly things =(