PDA

View Full Version : Iranian Food for Thought

mollymouse
April 5th, 2010, 10:41 PM
I was watching O'Reilly tonight talking to Brit Hume. They were discussing a Wall Street Journal Op-Ed about Iran. It made more sense to me than anything else has on the Iranian threat to Israel.

Obama is not going to do anything but suggest weak sanctions for Iran. His belief if that Iran is going to get Nukes, it's a sure thing. He believes that when they get nukes, they can then be monitored, just like we are, Russia, Pakistan, etc. I kept wondering why Obama didn't seem to be in a hurry to impose sanctions, I think he promised that by the first of January he would have sanctions in place or I guess I should say recommend them to the UN Security Council.

Israel, if they act militarily, would only delay Iran's nuke program for a few years. Who knows if they're willing to risk world anger if they bomb Iran

I would like to hear your ideas on this. I can't find the WSJ article.

Castle
April 5th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Israel, if they act militarily, would only delay Iran's nuke program for a few years.

I hear that from time to time - usually by news pundits. I'm not so sure that I buy it. The destruction of Iran's facilities is only one part of a bigger plan. Many of Iran's scientists have been quietly "disappearing" for several years now, and the speculation is that Israel is behind it - Iran has been saying so (not that that matters). Plus, if Israel did indeed use tactical nukes, those facilities would be out of use.

OTOH, I could see a scenario in which Lebanon/Syria/Hezbollah starts a conflict with Israel that escalates into other, ME end times prophecies (Isa 17 --> Gog-MaGog) before Iran actually assembles a nuke-missile combination - and in effect, rendering the whole Iran-Nuke thing a big non-issue. :idunno

Just my 2 cents

In Christ
April 5th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Because I believe in Bible Prophecy so deeply, I feel we already know the answer, be it Iran or the Palestinians (both with the help of the US), Israel is going to war against all its neighbors and God will prevail in the end. I know you would like to see some posting's on different scenarios, but the WORLD hates Israel, Bibi will do what he has to do to protect his country when pushed towards the sea, unfortunately that push will bring all those around him against him. I also listened to that segment on O'Reilly it was good...

mollymouse
April 6th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Yep, we do know the end don't we? I was interested in the discussion because it finally made sense why Obama was dragging his heels on sanctions. I've been puzzled by his actions.....so what's new you ask:lol2

ronbo477
April 6th, 2010, 12:33 AM
It seems to me Iranian ascendancy is a strong fullfillment of bible prophecy.Iran is the first power mentioned after Magog in the nations coming against Israel. Not only have we seen Turkey turn on Israel but they are not regarded by the Muslim world as their leader. This now seems to be Iran that seems to have taken over the lead. Another side note Iran is Shiite which is 20% of Islam and they consider the other sects apostates.