PDA

View Full Version : Pope says Mother Teresa felt "God's silence"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

4JesusLove
September 2nd, 2007, 09:52 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070901/wl_nm/pope_teresa_dc

Sat Sep 1, 2:38 PM ET

LORETO, Italy (Reuters) - Pope Benedict said on Saturday that even the late Mother Teresa of Calcutta "suffered from the silence of God" despite her immense charity and faith.

The Pope, addressing a youth rally in central Italy, referred to a new book that reveals that the Roman Catholic nun was deeply tormented about her faith and suffered periods of doubt about God.

It is significant that the Pope mentioned Mother Teresa's torment about God's silence as not being unusual because there was some speculation that the letters could hurt the procedure to make her a saint.

"All believers know about the silence of God," he said in unprepared remarks. "Even Mother Teresa, with all her charity and force of faith, suffered from the silence of God," he said.

He said believers sometimes had to withstand the silence of God in order to understand the situation of people who do not believe.

Due out on September 4, the book, "Mother Teresa: Come Be My Light" is a collection of letters written to colleagues and superiors over 66 years.

The ethnic Albanian nun, who dedicated her life to poor, sick and dying in India, died in 1997 aged 87.

Mother Teresa had wanted all her letters destroyed, but the Vatican ordered they be preserved as potential relics of a saint, according to a spokeswoman for Doubleday, the U.S. publisher of the book.

Mother Teresa has been beatified but has not yet been made a saint.

Time magazine, which has first serial rights, published excerpts on its Web site last month.

When the German-born pontiff visited the former Nazi concentration camp at Auschwitz last year, he publicly asked why God was silent when 1.5 million victims, mostly Jews, died there.

LisaJo
September 2nd, 2007, 10:29 AM
Sounds to me like Pope Benedict is using Mother Teresa to Justify, not only her sainthood, buthis own periods where he experienced: "THE SILENCE OF GOD!"

MMMMMMMMM! :scratch:scratch:scratch
SURE MAKES YOU THINK. . . .AND QUESTION OF COURSE.

It will be interesting to see how others respond to this. . . . .

4JesusLove
September 2nd, 2007, 10:58 AM
Yeah that part got me too. I guess we all can go through some kind of darkness from God the Father.

Sorry to say I'm going throught a time of darkness from God. I pray the Holy Sprit gives me hope and joy again. Life has delt my family and myself a horrible blow. I do believe Jesus died on the cross for my sins and that I'm saved because of that.

LisaJo
September 2nd, 2007, 11:31 AM
Yeah that part got me too. I guess we all can go through some kind of darkness from God the Father.

Sorry to say I'm going throught a time of darkness from God. I pray the Holy Sprit gives me hope and joy again. Life has delt my family and myself a horrible blow. I do believe Jesus died on the cross for my sins and that I'm saved because of that.
4JesusLove:
Oh no, my friend! Never think that a time of darkness comes from God. Our darkness is a spiritual one brought on by the sins of this world, and as long as we are in it, we are affected by it. Some times more so, than at other times.
Please pray that He gives you the peace that transends this world. For we are in this world, BUT NOT OF IT!

Read Paul's instruction of how we should wear the full armor of God. For we are in a battle, My friend. It's a battle that will affect all eternity. I pray for your renewed stength. That God will lift you above the blows that have been dealt to you and your family. I know that you can't find the reason these things have happened to you. Don't search for a reason, just reach FOR HIM! He will sustain you, revive you, and if you are head of your household, He will give you the strength to Lead and encourage those you love sooo much in your family. Lean on HIM and He will pick you up and carry you. BELIEVE, MY FRIEND!!!

***AND REMEMBER THAT THIS DARKNESS IS NOT FROM HIM! If you reach for him with all your heart, HE WILL ALWAYS BE THERE!

For some reason, I truely feel drawn to you. I will unceasingly pray for you and your family. PLEASE Keep me posted on how all of you are doing! Your are also my family! We are all members of the GREATEST FAMILY OF ALL TIME!
I will be praying for you!
Lisa Jo

SisterNChrist
September 2nd, 2007, 12:31 PM
4JesusLove:
Oh no, my friend! Never think that a time of darkness comes from God. Our darkness is a spiritual one brought on by the sins of this world, and as long as we are in it, we are affected by it. Some times more so, than at other times.
Please pray that He gives you the peace that transends this world. For we are in this world, BUT NOT OF IT!

Read Paul's instruction of how we should wear the full armor of God. For we are in a battle, My friend. It's a battle that will affect all eternity. I pray for your renewed stength. That God will lift you above the blows that have been dealt to you and your family. I know that you can't find the reason these things have happened to you. Don't search for a reason, just reach FOR HIM! He will sustain you, revive you, and if you are head of your household, He will give you the strength to Lead and encourage those you love sooo much in your family. Lean on HIM and He will pick you up and carry you. BELIEVE, MY FRIEND!!!

***AND REMEMBER THAT THIS DARKNESS IS NOT FROM HIM! If you reach for him with all your heart, HE WILL ALWAYS BE THERE!

For some reason, I truely feel drawn to you. I will unceasingly pray for you and your family. PLEASE Keep me posted on how all of you are doing! Your are also my family! We are all members of the GREATEST FAMILY OF ALL TIME!
Lisa Jo

LisaJo, 4JesusLove is not alone, regarding her family. For that's something we both share, regarding our individual families. Please keep me in your :prayers as well too. Thank you.

:hug

SisterNChrist

LisaJo
September 2nd, 2007, 01:49 PM
LisaJo, 4JesusLove is not alone, regarding her family. For that's something we both share, regarding our individual families. Please keep me in your :prayers as well too. Thank you.

:hug

SisterNChristYou Bet! I and my family have gone through much in the last 10 years. Some of our sorrows and trials have ran very deep. What I hate most, is these things will make you question your own self-worth and then your faith with Our Lord. You can start to feel abandoned because you don't understand why God would would allow such horrible things to happen.

Unfortunately, Satan uses the method of (divide and conquer) so it can sometimes make you question the hearts of other family members or cause you to blame them. Try to stick together because there is strength in numbers and this applies to all of us believers. A house divided against itself cannot stand.

You have my prayers. I will be praying daily for you and your family and continue to do so in the days ahead. Keep me posted SisterNChrist about your situation. You know, this world is an ugly place. Think of it as bootcamp! This is temporary! Bootcamp doesn't last forever!!!Thank God for that!. . and keep me updated as well!
:pray:pray:pray

Look forward to hearing from you soon,
Lisa JO

4JesusLove
September 2nd, 2007, 03:50 PM
It was because of a divorce that my problems started. My house is divided right now. All I have to fall back on is Jesus which is a good thing. Even though I'm hearing nothing doesn't stop me from seeking Him every moment. He will come through for me and my family but I still need prayers. Thank you for being so concerned.

P.S. I'm a him. ;)

Sing4Him
September 2nd, 2007, 04:45 PM
He that is of God heareth God's words(note, those who have repented and asked Jesus to be their Lord and Savior): ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God John 8:47

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. John 8:12

I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. John 12:46

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2 Cor. 4:6

For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light Eph. 5:8

Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer Roms. 12:12

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints Eph. 6:18

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. Phil. 6:6

Chuck Taylorz
September 3rd, 2007, 09:43 PM
Maybe she really Did..

goinghome
September 10th, 2007, 05:20 PM
4JesusLove:

Lisa Jo

If by darkness you mean hard times, they may be from God. God allows us to be tried so that we may be purified even if it's not due to sin. God often uses satan as a pawn to accomplish this in a Christian's life, as we see in Job. There is also a spiritual longing, where God is silent, which can be from God, so that we will seek Him and He can train us. But this "darkness" should never make us think we're not saved, or God is not with us, loving us. If that's the case, it is not from God.

I guess I'm just trying to be sure we don't float over to the WOF camp, where if anything bad happens to us it must be because we are still sinning and aren't as perfect as the preacher, or because you don't have enough faith in your faith to have faith about faith in faith, or you haven't sewed enough seed to their ministry so God can't bless you because you're holding Him back, or because you are speaking negatively, or you need to have a talk with satan to cast him out.....

What we perceive as bad things happening to us, may be God making something great happen to us and we just can't understand yet.