PDA

View Full Version : US Weapons to Lebanon despite Alliance with Hizbullah

Pages : [1] 2

steph1962
April 11th, 2010, 07:00 AM
US Weapons to Lebanon despite Alliance with Hizbullah

With lines not altogether clear between Hizbullah and the Lebanese Armed Forces, the United States has delivered weapons and ammunition to Israel's northern neighbor and enemy.

The U.S. embassy in Lebanon announced last week that it had delivered on April 2 the first in a series of shipments of weapons and ammunition. The shipment included 1,000 M16A4 rifles, 10 missile launchers, 1,583 grenade launchers, and 538 sets of day/night binoculars and night-vision devices. It was stressed that the equipment would be supported with training provided by the U.S. government.

Lebanese Defense Minister Elias Murr visited Washington in February to discuss military cooperation, especially U.S. assistance to the LAF to fight terrorism.

A month ago, Minister Murr told Lebanese Al-Manar television that though he does not support integrating Hizbullah arms within the LAF, “this does not mean we should offer Israel a favor [and disarm Hizbullah].”

Insinuating that the issue is not a matter of consensus, Murr said, “There are some [Lebanese] annoyed by [the existence of] Hizbullah’s arms, and I could be one of them” – but he acknowledged that Hizbullah’s weapons deter Israel. Murr is said to be one of the government ministers considered close to the President of Lebanon.

Al-Qaeda, for its part, apparently views the LAF and Hizbullah as working together – to help Israel. Lebanon’s Daily Star reported last week that Saleh al-Qaraawi, an Al-Qaeda member who is listed among Saudi Arabia’s 85 most wanted terrorists, spoke on the CNN Arabic news channel, accusing the Lebanese army, Hizbullah and the United Nations Interim Forces in Lebanon (UNIFIL) of being traitors and of “working for the benefit of the Jews.”

Palestinian factions in Lebanon did not attribute much importance to the statements, saying they were media-motivated and based on anger that Al Qaeda-liniked Fatah al-Islam, lost a battle to the Lebanese Army.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/136938

Joseph The Carpenter
April 11th, 2010, 07:26 AM
America will not send weapons to ISRAEL but will send them to Her enemies. I pray GOD restrains HIS judgement until after the Rapture.

drjoshua
April 11th, 2010, 08:45 AM
:twitch

Godlygurl93
April 11th, 2010, 08:47 AM
America will not send weapons to ISRAEL but will send them to Her enemies. I pray GOD restrains HIS judgement until after the Rapture.

I pray too in agreement :sad :pray

WarriorX
April 11th, 2010, 06:25 PM

And after the rapture LET LOOSE.

Christina
April 11th, 2010, 06:47 PM
INcredible :tsk

1angel4u
April 11th, 2010, 07:31 PM
UNbelievable :tsk

How dumb can our government get? :doh

Faline
April 11th, 2010, 07:47 PM
This CAN'T be happening!! :faint

ngraham
April 11th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Please tell me I just didn't read what I thought I just read. What is wrong with that moron? O Lord, please protect the apple of Your eye and give wisdom to Bibi and the other leaders of Israel. Lord please deal with Obama's heart. Lord, he needs to know Your saving grace. Lord, please deal with his heart, send laborers across his and Michelle's paths. Father protect their daughters and deal with that administration so they won't turn against sweet Israel. In Jesus' mighty name. :pray

mom4Yehoshua
April 11th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Please tell me I just didn't read what I thought I just read. What is wrong with that moron? O Lord, please protect the apple of Your eye and give wisdom to Bibi and the other leaders of Israel. Lord please deal with Obama's heart. Lord, he needs to know Your saving grace. Lord, please deal with his heart, send laborers across his and Michelle's paths. Father protect their daughters and deal with that administration so they won't turn against sweet Israel. In Jesus' mighty name. :pray

:amen and Lord, I also pray that Your grace extend to those of us in America who have not turned their backs on Israel and hold back your wrath til You save us through the rapture. And Lord, please protect your bride...please bring us home now. Please o please Lord....And Lord, if You should will that this country begin losing protection from your mighty hand, please protect your children and may we be a strong light of hope and peace, amidst any destruction or mayhem to befall this country. We love you so very much and want only to please You and serve You. In Jesus' merciful name, :pray