PDA

View Full Version : Cyclone in India

Pages : [1] 2

stonewallfan
April 14th, 2010, 05:53 AM
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/apr/14/cyclone-kills-68-people-in-eastern-india/

100 MPH winds, destroys 50,000 huts article says 56 have perished

Zerozx
April 14th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Storm kills dozens in eastern India - http://wireupdate.com/wires/3051/storm-kills-dozens-in-eastern-india/

KOLKATA, INDIA (BNO NEWS) -- Dozens of people were killed when a storm swept through eastern India on Wednesday, media reports said.

The Press Trust of India reported that at least 31 people had been killed in West Bengal's North Dinajpur district.

Further details were not immediately available.

Zerozx
April 14th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Cyclone kills 68 people in eastern India - http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g8JY9em2AC3On6ftaYp5WPANVwpAD9F2PA280

CALCUTTA, India A cyclone packing speeds of more than 100 mph (160 kph) demolished tens of thousands of mud huts in villages in northeastern India, killing at least 68 people, officials said Wednesday.

The cyclone struck Tuesday night in northeastern parts of West Bengal and Bihar states, uprooted trees and snapping telephone and electricity lines, West Bengal Civil Defense Minister Srikumar Mukherjee said. Hundreds of people were injured.

The cyclone demolished nearly 50,000 mud huts in West Bengal and more than 1,000 in Bihar, officials said.

The worst-hit villages in West Bengal state were Hematabad, Raiganj and Kiran Dighi, where police and rescue teams have recovered 31 bodies, Mukherjee told The Associated Press.

Another 37 people were killed in the northeastern Bihar districts of Araria, Kishenganj and Purnea, top Bihar state official Nitish Kumar told reporters.

The cyclone moved at a speed of more than 100 miles (160 kilometers) an hour, said N. Shravan Kumar, a Bihar state official.

A prison wall collapsed in Bihar's Araria district, forcing authorities to shift more than 600 inmates to another prison, Kumar said.

WVBORN56
April 14th, 2010, 02:14 PM
There are 6 pages of posts on the earthquake in China and 3-4 posts on the hurricane/cyclone in India with thousands left homeless and 68 dead.

Does this not qualify as end time activity like earthquakes or is there another reaon this gets much less interest from prophecy buffs?

Just curios....not making any judgments.

cocopea9052
April 14th, 2010, 03:05 PM
There are 6 pages of posts on the earthquake in China and 3-4 posts on the hurricane/cyclone in India with thousands left homeless and 68 dead.

Does this not qualify as end time activity like earthquakes or is there another reaon this gets much less interest from prophecy buffs?

:wave WVBORN

Well, that is interesting....this thread immediately caught me eye because you just don't hear the word "cyclone" that often....but yes, this is such a tragedy too and let's send them our prayers also.

Truthfully, it is getting to the point where it is just hard to follow and keep up with all the news....I will always be interested in earthquake news because...well it is pretty obvious...

stonewallfan
April 17th, 2010, 05:16 AM
http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/fromthefield/506707/127141403216.htm

First cyclone of the season the winds snapped telephone poles and these families live in mud huts. The storm wrecked 100,000 homes

RobertB
April 17th, 2010, 08:41 AM

I would venture a guess that it is because of the presence of China in world economic and political news, not to mention the Biblical prophetic suggestions. India has much less exposure in that regard, although they are a player in both scenarios. Also, maybe a bigger factor is that earthquakes seem to generate a lot more interest than other tragedies.

Megan
April 17th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Why have I not seen this thread? Weird.

This is so sad. :pray

cocopea9052
April 17th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Why have I not seen this thread? Weird.

This is so sad. :pray

:wave Megan

Because the news is flying so fast and furious, it is hard to keep up!!!!!

Megan
April 17th, 2010, 10:52 AM
:wave Megan

Because the news is flying so fast and furious, it is hard to keep up!!!!!

THAT'S AN UNDERSTATEMENT! I'm chasing my tail! Haha.