PDA

View Full Version : Matthew 24 - The Kingdom of Heaven/God

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

carolina_guy
May 12th, 2009, 10:19 AM
For instance, the two people in the field one will be taken and the other left, two women working at the mill, one is taken the other left.

Matthew 24:40 is very arguably talking about the 2nd Coming, not the Rapture. :hat

CrochetGirl
May 12th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Bingo, I don't know how anyone can say this is the Second Advent. For instance, the two people in the field one will be taken and the other left, two women working at the mill, one is taken the other left.

This doesn't make any sense if it is speaking of the end of the tribulation for 2 reasons.

1. At the end of the Tribulation anyone who does not have the Mark of the Beast will be on the Antichrist's hit list. Christians will be in hiding, not working with unsaved people.
2. The Second Advent is not an unknown time. From the time that the daily sacrifice is done away with in the Temple and the Antichrist has desecrated there will be 1290 days until Jesus shows up.

So these verses do not lineup with the Second Advent, they lineup with the Rapture of the Church.

If you read Luke 17:28-36, it seems to indicate that this is the day that Christ is revealed. It's my understanding that Christ won't be revealed on the day of the Rapture. It also seems to indicate that these verses are warning of judgment. For example, consider the references to Lot and Sodom.

Just food for thought!

JABowman
May 12th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Matthew 24:40 is very arguably talking about the 2nd Coming, not the Rapture. :hat

Hey Carolina_guy,
I guess we'll find out one way or the other. I just don't see how these verses go with the Second Advent due to the fact that nobody knows that Jesus is about to appear, when we are told an exact day from the desecration of the temple 1290 days. No one knows when the Rapture is going to happen, but God told us an exact time of the Second Coming.
Either way, I'm excited to see my Lord!

carolina_guy
May 12th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Hey Carolina_guy,
I guess we'll find out one way or the other. I just don't see how these verses go with the Second Advent due to the fact that nobody knows that Jesus is about to appear, when we are told an exact day from the desecration of the temple 1290 days. No one knows when the Rapture is going to happen, but God told us an exact time of the Second Coming.

I guess we will! :lol2 :thumb

Question--what do you make of Luke 17:34-35?

Christina
May 12th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Hey Carolina_guy,

Yes, but read this information from the view of a Tribulation Saint and it makes alot of sense for a Second Coming view. Sometimes parts of what we're reading were not written for us as much as they were for the Isrealites or for the Tribulation Saints....Matthew 24, although we can take pieces of it to apply to our time it wasn't written for our time but for the time of the Tribulation Saints, they will have God's word and the "come as a thief in the night" or the "we won't know the day or the hour"....this will be true of non-believers AND Christians that aren't watching for the Lord's return. If they aren't watching, he WILL come as a thief in the night and they WON'T know the day or the hour because they aren't watching :hug

JABowman
May 12th, 2009, 11:05 AM
I guess we will! :lol2 :thumb

Question--what do you make of Luke 17:34-35?

It's pretty much the same thing as Matthew 24. When I read both of these I still come to the same conclusion. It seems to me that it's speaking about the Rapture, but in verses21-24 are speaking of the Tribulation. But verses 26-29 speak of the days of Noah and Lot. Both were taken then the judgement came. I just don't see it as the end of the Trib. But I have been known to be wrong before, just ask my wife, hehe.:hat

dpetty
May 12th, 2009, 11:13 AM
I truly believe we are in the last days and evil is increasing 100 fold since late last year, its coming true right before our eyes but sadly many are asleep.

JABowman
May 12th, 2009, 11:17 AM
I truly believe we are in the last days and evil is increasing 100 fold since late last year, its coming true right before our eyes but sadly many are asleep.

No kidding! This world has turned so evil since the end of last summer, Jesus is on His way!:yeah

Chicken5516
May 12th, 2009, 02:10 PM
I believe in "God's Time Clock", we are within the last 15 seconds......if not less.

COME LORD JESUS!! :pray

carolina_guy
May 12th, 2009, 02:28 PM
I believe in "God's Time Clock", we are within the last 15 seconds......if not less.

COME LORD JESUS!! :pray

I'll see your 15 and raise you 1 to 14! :preach :lol2