PDA

View Full Version : Protesters attempt to block Israeli ship from docking at California port

Pages : [1] 2 3

Zerozx
June 21st, 2010, 01:07 AM
http://www.haaretz.com/news/international/protesters-attempt-to-block-israeli-ship-from-docking-at-california-port-1.297409

More than 500 pro-Palestinian demonstrators at the Port of Oakland try to delay arrival of Israeli cargo ship.

Hundreds of pro-Palestinian protesters picketed at the Port of Oakland, in California, on Sunday hoping to delay an Israeli cargo ship from docking, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

Police estimated that more than 500 demonstrators gathered early Sunday morning at Berth 58, where a cargo ship operated by the Israeli Zim shipping company was scheduled to dock. The crowd dispersed around 10 a.m. but around 200 protesters returned in the afternoon when a second shift of dockworkers were scheduled to work.

The demonstration was staged to protest Israel's blockade of the Gaza Strip.

"Our objective was to boycott this ship for 24 hours, and we succeeded in doing that," said Richard Becker, with the ANSWER Coalition, one of the groups that organized the protest.

According to Becker, the ship's arrival was delayed from the morning until its eventual arrival around 6 p.m., by which time dockworkers agreed not to show up to unload the vessel, citing concern for their personal safety.

A representative of the Israeli Consulate in San Francisco disputed Becker's account, saying the ship had always been scheduled to arrive at 6 p.m.

In the afternoon, two Israel supporters arrived and waved Israeli and American flags across the street from the pro-Palestinian demonstrators.

Zerozx
June 21st, 2010, 01:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3NDZNmybvE&feature=player_embedded

Amen
June 21st, 2010, 08:06 AM
:wha:frust:mad: What !!! :tsk Oh boy, more of this and I see an all out confrontation coming.

Trance
June 21st, 2010, 08:08 AM
Just as God dealt with the heathens and degenerates in Sodom and Gemmora, He will deal with California as well.

4Godisjust
June 21st, 2010, 08:39 AM
:wha:frust:mad: What !!! :tsk Oh boy, more of this and I see an all out confrontation coming.

I see the same thing AMEN! These people have no idea who they are messing with!:tsk :pray

EarsToHear
June 21st, 2010, 09:51 AM
I don't understand how people in America can protest with handkerchiefs pulled up over their faces and hoods over their heads like bank robbers and not get arrested.

TheWatchman
June 21st, 2010, 10:07 AM
Some 500 anti-Israel protestors arrived at the Oakland, California port early Sunday morning, hoping to block an Israeli ship from unloading its cargo. However, the ship did not arrive, and the crowd prevented workers from unloading a Chinese ship instead.
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/138178

Seems they have a problem of target identification. :pound:pound:pound

RaptureReady_7
June 21st, 2010, 10:08 AM
I don't understand how people in America can protest with handkerchiefs pulled up over their faces and hoods over their heads like bank robbers and not get arrested.

It is exactly like dressing up as the KKK and going to an area that would designed to create hate and discontent and to be threatening in their hate.

HisAlways
June 21st, 2010, 10:43 AM

Not like bank robbers...they are imitating "terrorists", which is really what they are. Anti-Israel terrorists, and they should be expelled from this country. It's people like this and/or their affiliates that would blow something up, given the chance.

Kvat3r
June 21st, 2010, 01:03 PM
Great, I'm in California...Have mercy Jesus please! Yes...deal with those that are against your people Israel..but please don't forget us here in California that love her.......:panic