PDA

View Full Version : Today's signs feel like normal life

Pages : 1 [2] 3

dleader
August 25th, 2010, 11:37 PM
I do feel desensitized a lot too. Coming on here to RR and reading threads from all of you rekindles my excitement. Thank you all.:wave

Jesus's Girl
August 26th, 2010, 12:08 AM
I do feel desensitized a lot too. Coming on here to RR and reading threads from all of you rekindles my excitement. Thank you all.:wave

That is awesome that you are excited by our threads. That is the Lord's goal -- to get us ready and excited! He wants us to be excited for His coming. I pray it's so, so, so near! Tonight Lord, please come tonight! :pray

LightOfMyLife
August 26th, 2010, 01:12 AM
There is a road sign that makes me think of going home. It is the one way sign. I am so excited to hear the trumpet and this happens.:rapture :thumb :yeah

TaliaKirana
August 26th, 2010, 03:48 AM
I agree that it seems like the world is desensitized to all these signs.

Not Perfect, But Forgiven
August 26th, 2010, 06:50 AM
I was thinking about all the signs we are seeing that warn the world of Jesus's soon return. When I hear about earthquakes killing thousands, pestilences, plagues, famines, and signs in the sky -- it's almost as if the world (including myself) are so numb to these signs. I think that if people saw what was happening now a hundred years ago, they may be in shock. How come when we see these things that we just shrug our shoulders? These signs that we shrug our shoulders at, are these the ones Jesus was warning of that would happen in the Tribulation? It's almost like we are waiting for some huge catastrophic signs that shake us out of our sleep and then we say "Jesus is coming soon!". The good news is that He is. These signs we are seeing -- the birth pains, growing in intensity. Now the question remains: How far into these signs will God let His Bride live through? You ever find yourself numb to it like it's normal?

Yeah, I don't pay attention anymore. I just make sure each morning that I surrender all that I have to Jesus Christ: my concerns, my prayers, my infirmities, everything. Then I just go about my day praying, surrendering to Him, and praising Him for His works in my life. I'm at the point now where I don't even pay attention to what's going on in the world anymore. It's too messed up and may go on for a long time with us still on it. It's so much easier for me when I just relax in Christ and live out my life. I used to crave the rapture, honestly. But Jesus taught me to love Him more than I did. Now, if the Rapture had no chance of occuring in the next 100 years, I'd be fine with it. I had to surrender to the fact that God is in control of all things, and it does nothing to get sad about the Rapture. We have eternal life!

We all want to go home to be with Jesus forever, to see the Man who brought us eternal life. If we surrender to His care and love for us which includes the most tiny and minute detail of our lives, then we can do our time in peace and experience the full and blessed life Jesus has for us. Seek Him in ALL things. However, if we get sad and cynical about prophecy and the rapture, then the "Are we gone yet" mentality sets in, and life on earth can be a drag.

I admit the Bride is a little bruised from life down here, and the atrocities we see each day are unbelievable, but God is always on the throne! Due to His righteousness and burning love for us, I guarantee He wants to come get us far more than we could imagine.

logosone
August 26th, 2010, 07:51 AM
" Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh."

Matthew 24:44 KJV

MandyMonster
August 26th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Jesus' Girl,

I agree with you wholeheartedly; I think we all have become too used to 24/7 news via TV or our computers where horrible actions and tragedies play out before us and upon reading/viewing these horrors day after day, it becomes commonplace and we cease to react as we once would.:nope

When I first began teaching, I worked in an inner-city school... It became "normal" to find people dead on the playground when we returned from the weekend.:shocked My car was shot from bullets (5-7 holes) in the passenger-side door the third day I worked at that school. Things that once would have had me shaking in fear, were replaced by yawns and "here we go again" mutterings. I am beyond ashamed to share this next happening, but it truly shows how easily we can become accustomed to the horrors of this world. I had accidentally locked my keys in my car, called to police and they assured me someone would come quickly to fix MY problem/mistake. When I saw several police cars arrive in the parking lot, I finished my lesson and left my class with my aide, to deal with my stupidity and thank the police. When I approached one of the officers, asking "Are y'all here for my lock-out?", I was told that yet another body was found on the playground and gently reminded that my car keys being locked in my vehicle came second with this new playground tragedy. Now this is my shame:fear...I actually asked, "Is she dead? Yes? Well with all due respect, she isn't going anywhere, however I DO need to go somewhere as the school day will be finished soon". ????? How could I be SO callous?:twitch (I transferred to Newport News, VA at the end of the year because my apathy frightened me!)

While humiliating to admit, that (to me) is a perfect example of how easy it becomes for people to grow numb to the horrors around us. After awhile, it becomes the "norm" instead of a rare occurance and we cease to react as we once would. Even video games have caused children to yawn over obliterating squads of soldiers with a game remote. We become desensitized...:tsk

The bullet holes would have sent me packing....moving I mean!! M

carol1948
August 26th, 2010, 03:57 PM
It's the bruising that we are taking that leads me to hope the Lord will come for us sooner rather than later. I don't think the physical hardships will do anything but make us stronger; but, the constant barrage of wickedness, immorality, blasphemy, betrayal, etc., is more likely to wear on us. The Lord knows how much we can resist so we just keep trusting. I can go a few days without pleading for the Lord to come, but then I hear of some new terrible thing that has happened or is about to happen, and I have to pray come Lord come get us out of here. I know that is selfish, but some days are like that. I know too the Lord isn't through with me yet so better days are comin'! Hallelujah!!!

Mish
August 26th, 2010, 04:04 PM
The bullet holes would have sent me packing....moving I mean!! M

OT:hug: The bullet holes happened the first week, of my first teaching job so at that time I didn't have much choice other than to "roll with it". Now it was rather humorous when I took my car in to have the bullet holes repaired (lived in Ft. Pierce, FL which borders the ocean and the salt air would rust/destroy that door quickly); the mechanic looked at me with shock and asked how my car became riddled with bullet holes. I'm all of 5'2" (98lbs back then:rolleyes), and replied that this happened while I was at work. Of course his next question was, "Where do you work that something like this would take place?"...I smiled sweetly and informed him I was a 1st grade teacher. I can still recall the look on his face- a mix of shock/dismay/and worry with just a pinch of "Are you pulling my leg?".:twitch

That particular school educated me, more than I educated my little first graders; those kiddos knew more about "life" than all the people I knew and then some. Innocence was never a part of their lives and it was heartbreaking.:nope But in the end- it was my apathy that frightened me enough to realize I needed a less toxic environment. I continued (by choice) to teach in the inner cities, however nothing came close to the dangers of that first school in FL.

In light of End Time signs- is it any wonder that people today barely blink at all the tragedies splashed across the news all day and all night?:scratch

MandyMonster
August 26th, 2010, 05:38 PM
OT:hug: The bullet holes happened the first week, of my first teaching job so at that time I didn't have much choice other than to "roll with it". Now it was rather humorous when I took my car in to have the bullet holes repaired (lived in Ft. Pierce, FL which borders the ocean and the salt air would rust/destroy that door quickly); the mechanic looked at me with shock and asked how my car became riddled with bullet holes. I'm all of 5'2" (98lbs back then:rolleyes), and replied that this happened while I was at work. Of course his next question was, "Where do you work that something like this would take place?"...I smiled sweetly and informed him I was a 1st grade teacher. I can still recall the look on his face- a mix of shock/dismay/and worry with just a pinch of "Are you pulling my leg?".:twitch

That particular school educated me, more than I educated my little first graders; those kiddos knew more about "life" than all the people I knew and then some. Innocence was never a part of their lives and it was heartbreaking.:nope But in the end- it was my apathy that frightened me enough to realize I needed a less toxic environment. I continued (by choice) to teach in the inner cities, however nothing came close to the dangers of that first school in FL.

In light of End Time signs- is it any wonder that people today barely blink at all the tragedies splashed across the news all day and all night?:scratch

Your car was shot at like that in
Florida???!!!!! WoW!! If anything like that happens up here, the local news fails to talk about it!!