PDA

View Full Version : Could someone explain something to me regarding the rapture?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

makeupgirl
September 14th, 2010, 09:27 PM
I dont believe Jesus EVER comes for the Church "as a thief", nor "as a thief in the night". Jesus Himself defines what a thief does:

John 10:10

That is why Paul says:

1 Thessalonians 5:2

Paul is talking about the Day of the Lord, not the Rapture. I dont believe scripture refers to the Rapture ANYWHERE in the bible as the Lord coming as a "thief in the night". That is why John records Jesus as saying this AFTER all but the last Bowl plague:

Revelation 16:15

Jesus is telling us here that He is Coming in His Second Coming like a "thief". And what does a thief come to do? "steal and kill and destroy".

Dont let anyone or anything take away your Blessed Hope, the Pre-Tribulational Rapture!

Hope this helps!

God bless,
- JIL

I'm confused. I thought the rapture and the day of the Lord was the same thing? since rapture means harpazo in the greek for caught up or something like that.

**ps** i'm still at work so forgive me if i'm off base:hug

Buzzardhut
September 14th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Interesting, Noah was taken out before the rain came or the flood came. He knew about it, the Lord told him to prepare and he did. The Ark was above the earth and separated from the flood and destruction taking place on the earth.
There was no surprise to Noah that some form of destruction would come. Since the Lord told Noah to build an Ark, I think he figured it out.

I see tremendous similarities between Noah and the Rapture of the church. In fact I believe the Lord uses that as an example to us to be encouraged. To prove that he does take care of his own, That he saves his own from this terrible time that is coming and is about to come. He has done it before and he will do it again. We, his people, undergo some issues prior to that, just as Noah did. But when the Tribulation actually starts we are no where to be found.

Looking up at any moment. staying ready, Being an overcomer!!!!

Praise the Lord!

The Ark is a good type of rapture

Buzzardhut
September 14th, 2010, 09:29 PM
I'm confused. I thought the rapture and the day of the Lord was the same thing? since rapture means harpazo in the greek for caught up or something like that.

**ps** i'm still at work so forgive me if i'm off base:hug

Harpazo is the rapture
the day of the Lord is Jesus' second coming

makeupgirl
September 14th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Harpazo is the rapture
the day of the Lord is Jesus' second coming

gotcha. Thanks. I'm must be getting sleepy, cuz the brain has stopped working a bit.