PDA

View Full Version : Iranian military official: US plan to attack is 'joke'

steph1962
November 29th, 2010, 05:41 AM
Iranian military official: US plan to attack is 'joke'

29/11/2010
Commander of Iran's Basij Force warns that "US forces are always surrounded, they can't move an inch," report says.

An Iranian military commander has said that plans by the US to attack Iran were a "joke," Press TV reported Monday.

"This is a joke... For 30 years they have been dreaming, hopefully they will wake up," Commander of Iran's Basij Force Brigadier General Mohammad Reza Naqdi said in an interview.

Naqdi said that "anywhere that US forces are present they are surrounded by Basij... they cannot move an inch," the report said.

Admiral Mike Mullen, the chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, told CNN on Sunday that "we've actually been thinking about military options for a significant period of time."

Mullen said that the US has been mulling military options against Iran, and added that he would not believe "for a second" Teheran was using its nuclear plants for civilian purposes.

http://www.jpost.com/IranianThreat/News/Article.aspx?id=197175

BoGo
November 29th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Let's see who's surrounded.

US forces in Iraq, which borders Iran to the east.
US forces in Afghanistan, which borders Iran to the west.

In Military Strategy 101 I believe that's called a pincer move.

I believe we've found this upcoming conflict's "Bagdad Bob".

Time4me2fly
November 29th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Iran is already being attacked. By the cyber worm, that hit its industrial complex ( I wonder who was behind that?) and today the killing of an Iranian nuclear scientist and the wounding of another. I still think this regime will likely fall from within Iran. Today I read that Imanutjob has terminal cancer, if this is true, then it worries me that he may want to go out in a flame of glory if you know what I mean. Ultimately, we all know what happens in Ez. 38 and 39.

WVBORN56
November 29th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Iran is already being attacked. By the cyber worm, that hit its industrial complex ( I wonder who was behind that?) and today the killing of an Iranian nuclear scientist and the wounding of another. I still think this regime will likely fall from within Iran. Today I read that Imanutjob has terminal cancer, if this is true, then it worries me that he may want to go out in a flame of glory if you know what I mean. Ultimately, we all know what happens in Ez. 38 and 39.

Interesting stuff. I had not heard about the terminal cancer. Is this confirmed by media reports or just circulating rumor/propoganda?

Perpetualbug
November 29th, 2010, 12:35 PM

The reports that I've heard about regarding the terminal cancer aren't about Ahmandinejad but about Ayatollah Ali Khamenei:

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6AS1KS20101129

TaliaKirana
November 29th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Let's see who's surrounded.

US forces in Iraq, which borders Iran to the east.
US forces in Afghanistan, which borders Iran to the west.

In Military Strategy 101 I believe that's called a pincer move.

:rotfl

RRRobert
November 29th, 2010, 11:07 PM

That guy was hilarious. I was sad when I heard he was put to death. :(