PDA

View Full Version : Memory In Heaven

Pages : [1] 2

LightOfMyLife
March 14th, 2011, 07:38 PM
We know in Luke 16 there is a beggar Lazarus & the rich man. Lararus is in Abraham's bosom when he dies & the rich man is in torment with conscious memories. Luke 16:19-31.:thinking My question is what about those whose Spirits went to heaven are there scriptures that would indicate they have memories of their lives on earth? :hug

Hootmon
March 15th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Well... The ones under the altar in Revelation are awaiting God's vengeance on their behalf

And when He had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the Word of God, and for the testimony which they held. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, Until when, Master, holy and true, do You not judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth? And white robes were given to each one of them. And it was said to them that they should rest yet for a little time, until both their fellow servants and their brothers (those about to be killed as they were ) should have their number made complete.
(Rev 6:9-11)

ImOnStandby221
March 15th, 2011, 03:45 PM
i don't think it's that they don't have the ability to remember their time on earth. i think the question is: why would they want to?

when we're finally in the presence of Yeshua forever, we won't want to think about anything else.

"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind."

---Isaiah 65:17

Praying
March 15th, 2011, 04:12 PM
i don't think it's that they don't have the ability to remember their time on earth. i think the question is: why would they want to?

when we're finally in the presence of Yeshua forever, we won't want to think about anything else.

"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind."

---Isaiah 65:17

Amen to this! I agree, why would anyone want to remember? I am so looking forward to a life where I can finally let my guard down again, a life that is filled with the love of Christ. I don't want the earthly memories to taint it!

:pray:pray:pray Praying to go home soon!

Acts5:41
March 15th, 2011, 06:55 PM
I like to think we'll remember the good stuff: hey, you ran the Bible camp where I got saved!

You were my husband, and loved me through it all.

You are my beloved miscarried child.

Stuff like that. Of course, it's all straight from the book of Heather. :lol2 :twitch

MsSophie
March 15th, 2011, 07:40 PM
There would have to be some memory of self identification or you would have no knowledge of who you are or the joy you have received in your own salvation.

TaliaKirana
March 15th, 2011, 09:48 PM
I don't think we'll forget either. Just that the bad things will fade in comparison to the glory of heaven.

MsSophie
March 15th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Job 19:25

"I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes--I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!"

Does that sound like we will not have a memory?

penbrat
March 16th, 2011, 07:37 AM
I like to think we'll remember the good stuff: hey, you ran the Bible camp where I got saved!

You were my husband, and loved me through it all.

You are my beloved miscarried child.

Stuff like that. Of course, it's all straight from the book of Heather. :lol2 :twitch

:heh I happen to agree with the book of Heather!

Juliebeth
March 16th, 2011, 08:02 AM
My thoughts on this question bring me to the Scripture that says God will wipe every tear from their eyes. If we are crying it must be because we can remeber the pain of this life. It sounds like the Lord will comfort us, I don't think He would wipe tears of joy from our eyes but that sounds more fitting for tears of pain from memories.