PDA

View Full Version : What are the risks of a government shut down?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

I Am's child
April 7th, 2011, 01:15 PM
It could be considered bad form not to pay people who have advanced weaponry.

:sad I would think twice about not paying this group. They're already not happy about Obama, his administration and policies. This would be one more tick against them.

Don't like Obama.....check
Don't like his administration......check
Doesn't stand up for us.....check
Not gonna pay salaries? .....check, check

angelka71
April 7th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Why is it that the only times the government shuts down is with a liberal in office? Or am I mistaken on that?

I think the liberals WANT military families, to lose a paycheck so they can say, "See what happens when you have a bunch of Republicans in congress?"

RaptureReady_7
April 7th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Maybe if we let this overstuffed bureacracy die on the vine, we might even do better.

I agree. Shut it all down. Maybe people will start to depend of God (yeah right!) then they would find out we don't even need the bloated, overfed, self righteous, lying deceitful monstrosity of self important people.

Could we really do any worse? I don't think so!

RaptureReady_7
April 7th, 2011, 01:51 PM
I think to not pay our military is the highest form of evil and I will make sure to never again vote for anyone involved in it. I don't care how conservative they are.

Don't blame the conservatives, on this one at least, there isn't going to be any money and Obama thinks holding our military hostage is going to help him.

If you want to gripe about evil. Look to Obama. He doesn't want to work with anyone. He is drunk om the money and power of the people. Worse than I have ever seen.

And it isn't our military that defends us, it is God who gives our military the strength and might it has now. The US military is not strong because of itself. It is strong because God is still blessing a nation that still has people who turn to Him and pray for our wonderful military. Because there are still a godly people, in our military. People who love and honor God.

That is changing fast, lightening fast, but I think that God can still find at least 10 people who love Him, honor Him and worship Him, in America and our military.

Our prayers are what keeps our government working, not the bloated bureaucracy of self important people who support false gods and the baby murder mills. :nod

I am not being contentious. Mostly I am just pointing out the obvious, to us, at least

M4EVERHIS
April 7th, 2011, 02:07 PM
...our military should be paid regardless of the stalemate.

But I have to chuckle about it being the conservatives fault. The last I knew there were liberals and conservatives in congress. Liberals want to spend, spend, spend and hope the voters think it was the conservatives fault that the government shut down, when in reality there wasn't enough of a compromise to reel in spending. The 'conservatives' are to be blamed because the liberals didn't get what they wanted. The conservatives have said enough is enough.

It is sad that in the last extension a couple billion savings was negotiated and then Obama went to Brazil and gave it to them. I think the Americans give plenty of aid to other countries and foreign aid/ military needs to be brought under control and leave the medicaid and services to the Americans alone. Take aim at lucrative pensions and benefits for government workers. The majority of medicare and Social Security pensioners don't have lucrative pensions nor retirement plans- not really even making it as they forsake basic needs because they don't have enough money. They also can't go out and work to make ends meet.

RaptureReady_7
April 7th, 2011, 02:45 PM
I just got a Fox News breaking alert. Looks like the shutdown has been pushed back a week.

MidwestMama
April 7th, 2011, 02:59 PM
How many more extensions do you suppose they'll give themselves?? :scratch

And I agree, I think it's awful to even entertain the fact of not paying military families. The men and women who have put their own lives on hold to serve our country, and the families left behind waiting and praying for their safety, deserve better.

Jason'sMom
April 7th, 2011, 03:25 PM
I was in the Air Force during the last shutdown of the govt. The military still got paid. If they stop the military's pay or the senior citizens' social security this time, it will be Obama's doing.

Faith&Hope
April 7th, 2011, 03:46 PM
How conevient for this administration to now admit were in THREE wars. I thought this was a kinetic something operation :scratch

Hootmon
April 7th, 2011, 04:00 PM
I think to not pay our military is the highest form of evil and I will make sure to never again vote for anyone involved in it. I don't care how conservative they are.The budget they keep extending was supposed to be passed last year when the Dems held all of the power (super majorities in both houses and the presidency). They have no one to blame but themselves.

Heck, the Repub extenesion bill fully funds the military, and Barry threatens to veto it? Like I said, no one to blame but themselves...