PDA

View Full Version : What are the risks of a government shut down?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13

BigMoose
April 8th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Does anyone know ... Will Obama still get a paycheck if the Govt shuts down? ...

To answer that one would have to determine if Obama is an "essential" government employee, or a "non-essential" employee... :thinking

mom4Yehoshua
April 8th, 2011, 09:24 PM
And now this...more salt in the wound.....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110409/ap_on_re_us/us_us_shutdown_military

No death benefits for military during shutdown

:twitch:twitch:faint:shocked:candle

TaliaKirana
April 8th, 2011, 09:27 PM
:tsk It's just shameful what's happening.

onehappymeg
April 8th, 2011, 09:46 PM
My husband just looked up his mid-month LES and it was cut in half. Thank the LORD we had started saving money when we did. We live just off Ft. Bragg. My husband is stationed at Pope AFB. All of my friends are going through the same thing. At least we're all here to support each other if need be. I pray this gets resolved soon, for the sake of those who have families and live paycheck to paycheck. :tsk

TaliaKirana
April 8th, 2011, 09:55 PM
:shocked Now that's just awful!

TaliaKirana
April 8th, 2011, 09:58 PM
:tsk Just absolutely disgusting that they would short-change our military families like that!

lesterlrj
April 8th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Shutdown AVERTED. Both parties agree to a deal in the nick of time. :)

Another stopgap bill that funds the government until Thursday.

cheymat
April 8th, 2011, 10:02 PM
By DAVID ESPO, AP Special Correspondent David Espo, Ap Special Correspondent 3 mins ago
WASHINGTON Perilously close to a midnight deadline, the White House and congressional leaders have reached agreement to cut billions of dollars in spending to avoid the first government shutdown in 15 years.

Breaking on yahoo news

cris
April 8th, 2011, 10:03 PM
absurd, Soldiers fight, and protect us from all the lunatics in the world, but if one should die on the lines of duty, hold up the death benefit payout. Give one's life the the USA, but when soldier dies let his family suffer not just the death of a loved one, but set them to financial hardship. Folks, the greed in this country is gone overboard. BP makes record profits in 2010, with the oil spill, the Executives get 2/3's of their safety bonus for millions.

TimothyK
April 8th, 2011, 10:13 PM
A delay is not a non-payment. It'll come along as will the full compensation due to our servicemen. This happened before in the 90's, I'm fairly certain should a loved one pass in the line of duty, the last thing on the mind of the surviving spouse or family is $$$. May our Lord and God be near to them.

More scare tactics.

You can thank the left for these delays, shut downs, and general shenanigans. But I'm sure it'll be chalked up to the right for being unwilling to 'compromise' with Obama concerning drops ($60b) and drizle ($30b) in our debt.

Politics per usual. :rolleyes