PDA

View Full Version : If you were given a 3-5 year death sentence?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Acts5:41
April 19th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Rodar, my mom got saved 2 weeks before she died of a massive heart attack. It was a huge relief to know she made it to Heaven.

Edit: I am agreeing with you, it's a huge relief.

rodarbal
April 19th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Acts, I've said that it was the best gift he ever gave me.

HugsFromJesus
April 19th, 2011, 06:52 PM
My life is very difficult and I would not do anything to prolong it. I would rather be in Heaven with Jesus. At the end I would choose Hospice and pray that the final stages would not be painful. I would use that time (by asking God for the strength) to "witness" MORE to all my lost family members and pray that my diagnosis plus me knowing that I have overcome death would help them understand and want what I had, a true peace knowing I was going to Heaven.

If this happened to a family member, I would do the same. I would witness like there is no tomorrow, never leaving their bedside. I only have 1 member of my family that is saved, my mom who will be 87 and is not doing very well. I will miss her when she passes but I won't grieve as I know I will see her again soon. If something were to happen to one of my children (they are both unsaved) I would grieve terribly. Our families don't understand that not only do they save themselves when they come to Jesus, they also give us (other believers in the family) a true gift!!

My sympathies to all who lost a loved one and misses them. Ann, you have a wonderful testimony. Also to anyone else who wanted to be healed and were, praise the Lord.

I was a nurse all my life and one of the things I learned about this subject is that you could give 10 people this diagnosis and you would have 10 different ways of handling it. My patients would often say to me that they never thought they would make the decisions they have/did before receiving such dire news. I dealt with beleivers and athiests and nobody reacted the same when they had to deal with their own demise.

NeverTheLess
April 19th, 2011, 06:53 PM
If you were given a 3-5 year death sentence; told you had stage IV incurable, 'unresponsive to chemotherapy' cancer; and the oncologist is going to try to give you 3-5 years to live...

What would you do?

How would you feel?

And if someone very close to you received this diagnosis?

:sad

I don't think I can even count the number of times I have been faced with this dilemma (someone close to me). There was a time when I dreaded even hearing the phone ring. Almost all ended the same way but not all. Some were the most incredibly God glorifying circumstances, others were just the opposite. Both of my parents died of cancer related causes and neither would loosen their grip on working their way to glory with good old Joe Smith. But I have two of the most incredible stories of cancer survival/salvation that have blessed my life so much and both are still here :-) I could only hope that I would handle myself with the grace and courage that both of them did !!! I praise God for touching both of them and a whole lot of others in the process.

cm4Jesus
April 19th, 2011, 07:06 PM
My sister was diagnosed with colon cancer some 7 years ago. The doctors prescribed chemo and gave her 5 years. The cancer spread to her liver, and she undergoes new rounds of chemo every few months, no longer than 4 months in between where she gets no treatment whatsoever, so she had never been cancer free.

She was pretty depressed when she first found out, and while it may sound cliche I told her she had 2 choices. Either get busy living or get busy dying. She chose to fight it and live her life to the fullest. We have come very close to losing her several times, and the whole family knows that she's only here by the grace of God. The family still has hope that the Lord will heal her completely. All we can do is pray and trust HIM.

Faith&Hope
April 19th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Eternally :pray:pray:pray :hug:hug:hug

TaliaKirana
April 19th, 2011, 09:09 PM
I had a brother that died of cancer when he was five years old. That was almost 20 years ago (will be 20 years in August.) The only consolation I have is that he is in Heaven and I will see him again one day.

Praying
April 19th, 2011, 09:25 PM
If you were given a 3-5 year death sentence; told you had stage IV incurable, 'unresponsive to chemotherapy' cancer; and the oncologist is going to try to give you 3-5 years to live...

What would you do?

How would you feel?

If I were to receive this diagnosis:
1. What would I do? - Absolutely nothing differently than I had been doing before I knew, other than organize my things, and write letters of love and thanksgiving to my loved ones, letting them each know how very special they are, and what a blessing they had been in my life. I would do my best to make amends with anyone the Lord led me to, and do my best to reach out to others in God's love. I would look forward to finally getting to go home, either in the rapture, or through my departure by other means. And no, I would not take any measures to prolong my life. I would allow things to happen and progress, and opt for palliative care.

2. How would I feel? Thankful, and blessed. Many people have no warning of their impending departure. I would at least get the opportunity to organize my things, write letters, and give my things away before I left, and make all the arrangements needed so my loved ones wouldn't have to.

3. If it happened to someone close: I would encourage them to live a life of thankfulness, spend time in prayer, and get to know Jesus on a personal level. I would be there to listen if they needed to talk, and to assist them in any way that was needed. Mostly, I would be a friend, and hopefully one who knew when to talk, when to listen, and when just being there, sitting in silence was all they needed.
I would pray for them daily, for God to give them peace in whatever decision they made for their care and to be with them and comfort them.

momoffaith
April 19th, 2011, 09:31 PM
:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

You got me all emotional tonight. I just want to hug you all :ghug

jadeeyes
April 19th, 2011, 10:22 PM

What would you do?

How would you feel?

:hug Why do you ask?