PDA

View Full Version : If you were given a 3-5 year death sentence?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Not Perfect, But Forgiven
April 19th, 2011, 11:47 PM
I would give my savings away to random bible based churches. Then I would live in a hut on a beach in the South Pacific where it's always 70 degrees or higher. I would talk to Christ the same as I do now, and dream of Heaven every day. I'd talk to everyone I came across about Jesus and my hope even though I am about to die.

If my wife and family didn't support my decision, I would still do it, because I'm the one who's dying, not them.

The closer it got to my death-day, I would probably spend alot of time alone with my loved ones, telling them it would make me very happy if they celebrated my passing rather than mourn. Why? Becasue I'm going home and about to be alot happier than they are down here!

On the morning of the day of my death, I'd like to have my loved ones by my side, a bible next to me, and my eyes toward the ceiling as I slipped away. That way, I'll see the angels coming for me as my time expires.

HisMusician
April 20th, 2011, 08:25 AM
I normally don't post much on RR, but I did have to speak up when I saw this thread. About 5 or 6 years ago, my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. Apparently it was getting rather advanced and I was only 13 or 14 at the time. It was rather hard on me to keep up with all of my schoolwork and help Mom out all around the house, but God gave me strength. Mom took a round of chemo treatments and we were all praying for her. God miraculously healed her body and then about a year later, she got sick with cancer again and had to have a second surgery. She was doing chemo, but just her bodies defense was getting steadily weaker; chemo was knocking it down. So finally, the doctor had to cut the treatments short so that she could feel better. So here it is a little over a year later and my mom is still alive and doing pretty well too. So, in the end, it is God whom you must put your trust in, instead of what the doctors say.

I too could've died at anytime as a child during numerous surgeries and illnesses. But God was faithful and He never let me go. He will never let you go either during this time. Death is only a short move to Heaven into His presence. HE knows the day when each of us will leave this world, but He asks all of us to live lives that would be pleasing to Him when our time comes to leave. Never fear, dear sister, the Lord is in control. And you know that when He's in control there's no better place to be than where God is right in the center of His will. I know, because I've been there. I remember at times, literally feeling horrible, tired, and weak as sick as can be, but knowing that God is right there with me, so close that I can almost reach out and touch His presence. He is there. And He cares. :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

Psalm 23
1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Walker
April 22nd, 2011, 04:35 PM
Cancer Researcher/Nurse Response-

Get a second opinion, opt for any clinical trials available in your area, consult the experts in the particular cancer you have. Go to the nearest University Hospital you can find and go to the Clinicians who are also researchers. Update your Living Will and Medical Directives. Talk to and appoint the person whom you want making medical decisions if and when you cannot speak for yourself. I can't tell you how many times I have seen family fight over what they think Mom would want. Make your preferences known, when you are very ill it is not the time for squabbles between family members.

Human Response-

No one is guaranteed tomorrow. I would spend as much time as possible with friends and family.

I had a patient pronounced cured of cancer on Wednesday die on Sunday of an unrelated cause.

Acts5:41
April 22nd, 2011, 04:44 PM
Yeah, Walker.

My mother had terrible mental illness; everyone thought she would kill herself - she certainly tried often enough.

God took her, HIS timeline - a heart attack. Two weeks after she got saved.

lorenei
April 22nd, 2011, 06:15 PM
This thread is making me very emotional :( Cancer is one illness that scares me the most.. and I talk to Christ about this fear I have very often. My grandma died of lung cancer, she never smoked a cigarette in her life. My mom's two best friends died of cancer as well and I saw what devastating consequences it had on their loved ones...

I don't know why cancer in particular scares me more than any other illness, if I were to die of a sudden heart attack tomorrow I'd be fine with that, but if I was told I have cancer I'd be terrified, even though I know in my mind that I should just trust in the Lord.... but fear doesn't understand logic. Although what would scare me more than being diagnosed with cancer myself is for that to happen to my DH, I start crying even when I just think about it :sad

I pray every day for the rapture to happen in our lifetimes, but I understand that it will happen according to our Lord's timetable and not mine.

I don't know what your situation is Eternally but I'll be praying for you :hug

Acts5:41
April 22nd, 2011, 07:03 PM
Lor, for me, I don't want to be one of those "alive at any cost" people. I have seen that and it is horrible.

It is horrifically abusive to the spouse and other loved ones, IMO. I have had a long hard talk with my family, and emailed them my precise wishes.

We had some cases in the Houston area - women who developed infections. They had to have all 4 limbs amputated. I had a talk with my husband, and said, one arm, or both legs, OK, any more that let me to go Jesus.

We also had a talk about life support, etc, dialysis. These days you can fight, fight, fight, or go gently into the good night without extreme measures. You need to think about that ahead of time and write it down, after talking to your loved ones.

I personally think I will die in an accident or murdered, most likely raptured, though. With my family's history of heart disease I am certain however I go will be "quick".

Eternally
April 26th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Jadeeyes,

Sorry to be slow to answer. Hadn't been here for a few days due to so much I have had to do, including a weekend backpacking trip with Hubby! :hat Great destresser!

I ask because, one of a small group of ladies I have gotten close to and has become a good friend, lives a few streets away and in the same Sunday School class, etc, was just diagnosed. :sad

Had a good mammagram in November too. (This cancer is not ductile and I have learned that even though it is the most deadly, mammagrams DO NOT CATCH IT!!)

They went to IL last week for a 2nd opinion at a Cancer Treatment Center of America, and they concurred with th first diagnosis. :sad

Friend's spirits are very good. She says she feels honored that God chose her to go through this trial. She is sad for the family she will leave behind. Her youngest is not taking it well. And her oldest is in the army stationed in Germany.

SaintTexas
April 26th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Three years ago this month I was diagnosed with Stage IV Breast Cancer and told I had 3 years to live.

I told the doctor that no one knew the length of my days but only God.

I had no fear and my first thought when told was "Jesus, I will see You soon."

I have had surgeries to remove tumors and 14 Radiation Treatments on my left shoulder to kill the cancer on the Scapula bone.

Today I am Praising my LORD and continuing to walk in faith because I am now 1 year cancer free. No tumors or boney matastasis in my body.

You can read in this thread about my walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death with Jesus right by my side the past 3 years.

http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?43666-Stage-IV-cancer-please-pray

All one can do is place total trust in our LORD when given such a diagnosis. He will see you through.

My sisters and brothers in Christ have lifted me up in prayer and encouraged me these past 3 years and I love them all dearly for this. I will get to hug and thank everyone when we meet in Heaven.

Jesus is the answer to every question.

:hug
Ann

2Cr 5:8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

We who know Him know where we are going no matter what. :yeah

This is the perfect answer. :hug And the response to what you do is that you continue to live for the Lord or you get started if you had been neglecting this.

lorenei
April 26th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Jadeeyes,

Sorry to be slow to answer. Hadn't been here for a few days due to so much I have had to do, including a weekend backpacking trip with Hubby! :hat Great destresser!

I ask because, one of a small group of ladies I have gotten close to and has become a good friend, lives a few streets away and in the same Sunday School class, etc, was just diagnosed. :sad

Had a good mammagram in November too. (This cancer is not ductile and I have learned that even though it is the most deadly, mammagrams DO NOT CATCH IT!!)

They went to IL last week for a 2nd opinion at a Cancer Treatment Center of America, and they concurred with th first diagnosis. :sad

Friend's spirits are very good. She says she feels honored that God chose her to go through this trial. She is sad for the family she will leave behind. Her youngest is not taking it well. And her oldest is in the army stationed in Germany.

What a Godly attitude your friend has, she is a brave lady. :pray'ing for her and her family :hug

lorenei
April 26th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Lor, for me, I don't want to be one of those "alive at any cost" people. I have seen that and it is horrible.

It is horrifically abusive to the spouse and other loved ones, IMO. I have had a long hard talk with my family, and emailed them my precise wishes.

We had some cases in the Houston area - women who developed infections. They had to have all 4 limbs amputated. I had a talk with my husband, and said, one arm, or both legs, OK, any more that let me to go Jesus.

We also had a talk about life support, etc, dialysis. These days you can fight, fight, fight, or go gently into the good night without extreme measures. You need to think about that ahead of time and write it down, after talking to your loved ones.

I personally think I will die in an accident or murdered, most likely raptured, though. With my family's history of heart disease I am certain however I go will be "quick".

Yes I agree with you, there is living your life and then there is just survining... I wouldn't want to just do the latter either, if something happened to me which left me heavily disabled and a burden to my family I wouldn't want for them to have to sacrifice their lives for me either, I'd be happy to just go and be with Jesus!

My husband knows how I feel about those issues.. he doesn't agree with surviving at any costs either so I know that if something happened to me he would make the right decisions, plus I am sure he would pray about every decision he makes as well :)

I pray that we all get raptured soon though, would be the best way to go :pray