PDA

View Full Version : What do you NOT want to be doing when the Rapture comes?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Crazed for Jesus
August 12th, 2011, 08:03 PM
I don't want to be caught up in the rapture in the middle of me writing a long and witty response while reading a thread on here. That would bother me for eternity :pound

iSong6:3
August 12th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Well, to paraphrase something from the JW's, if "Christendom" is asleep during the rapture, the carnage will be greatly reduced. Very few people on the freeways, flying, etc. No buses on the road, no construction, I think God will take us at night for the simple logistics.

I read that years ago and it made perfect sense to me. But, He might want it to be more visible and take us during the day. :idunno

Aha! - but whatever it is for us, it would be opposite for people on the other side of the world. :heh :hug

iSong6:3
August 12th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I also don't want to be taken while sinning, that's really all.

I'd love to be praying or here or in a crowd of people when Raptured.

icebear
August 12th, 2011, 08:11 PM
I don't want to be caught up in the rapture in the middle of me writing a long and witty response while reading a thread on here. That would bother me for eternity :pound
:lol2

Kevin
August 12th, 2011, 08:47 PM
I always thought that he would come at night.But I guess he is going to come when he is going to come.
Me too for some reason. Seems logical (but not Biblical) that the Rapture would happen during ISRAELI daylight hours, which would make it night here. I would guess He would want His chosen people to see it up close and personal. But God's timing, not matter what it is, will be perfect. No doubt.

I remember being on the tail end of about a dozen local Christian motorcyclists going through some twisty roads. We came to a rolling hilly area way out in the country that was straight - I could see all of the riders in the 100 or so meters in front of me. The thought occurred to me that it would be a wonderful time for the Rapture - and have a dozen bikes just fall over and seeing how they would explain that!

JoyJoyJoy
August 12th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Hubby and I discussed this last night. A coworker of his won a trip to Las Vegas. I said to hubby " Good thing you didnt win that trip cause I wouldnt have gone. I dont want the Lord to come back and find me in Sin City.

If any RR members live there.....no offense meant. Just a joke.:hug

Acts5:41
August 12th, 2011, 09:20 PM
That would be a good thread, but I don't think any one city is bad.

You could say, Houston is bad. We have an overtly lesbian mayor, a hotbed of prosperity teaching and false teachers, a huge gay-lesbian-trangendered-whatever section of town, a massive amount of illegal immigrants, and some corrupt business.

But it's not the city's fault. It's the people, living in the city, that have made some bad choices.

I see gambling cities the same way. We did a little weekend trip, years ago, to Reno. It was nice, actually. I spent about $40, won enough to buy myself a coffee cup and breakfast, and came home. :idunno

However, it would be horrible for a gambling addict.

Bohdan
August 12th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Yes some of us will be sitting on the toilet or whatever. Once you are aloft meeting Christ you will not care.

ThePenguin
August 12th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Yes some of us will be sitting on the toilet or whatever. Once you are aloft meeting Christ you will not care.

:hug You're right, but it doesn't seem flattering (to us as humans) to say, "You see, I was, erm... takin' care of business when I got called home." :heh

Acts5:41
August 12th, 2011, 09:44 PM
We may not even remember.

We like to think we'll remember every moment.

I PRAY I do not! :pound :pound