PDA

View Full Version : What do you NOT want to be doing when the Rapture comes?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Musician in His house
August 12th, 2011, 04:55 AM
Okay, I know, I know, we all would say, "I don't care -- just let it come!"

However, last night as I was standing at the stove, making pancakes, it suddenly occured to me, "I hope the Rapture doesn't happen until I get a chance to turn off the stove." I have no idea why that popped into my head, but it did. I had visions of the Rapture happening, and the stove eye left on with a pan burning on it, and I thought, it could sit there indefinitely with no one to turn it off, and it could start a fire somehow . . . Silly, I know, but that's sometimes how my mind works when it's idle. :hehee

It would also be my luck (:heh) for the Rapture to come while I'm *ahem* "occupied" in the bathroom or sitting in the tub. :doh

Driving down the road, hmm, I might more likely expect. Lots of people are probably going to be in transit from one place to another when it happens. Lots of wrecks will probably be the result, lots of abandoned cars, but as I said, to be expected.

I think, if given the choice, I'd like to be Taken from home or church.

Mom2ten
August 12th, 2011, 05:41 AM
I have wondered the same thing. I hope it doesn't happen when I'm moving one of my patients so they don't fall (if they aren't saved).

$teve
August 12th, 2011, 06:13 AM
:lol2 For some reason the bathroom is one I prefer not, and maybe while cooking and the stove is on. I would like to go when I'm in the gym, that would shock some people!

Lucid
August 12th, 2011, 06:34 AM
I don't want to be in the bathroom either. That is one of "those" thoughts that does pop into my poor brain now and then.

On a slightly more serious note, I don't want to be not watching for His Return.

I want to be filled with the Holy Spirit and definitely in His will at the time!!

Raphael
August 12th, 2011, 07:35 AM
I do not want to be thinking this thought:

"We've been expecting the Rapture for decades and it hasn't happened. Maybe it's time to rethink this Rapture thing."

jadeeyes
August 12th, 2011, 07:38 AM
sinning

thexter
August 12th, 2011, 07:56 AM
As others have said: driving. I don't want to be driving with unsaved passengers in the car or have my car hit someone during the rapture. As for the bathroom, I have a sorta sick sense of humor, so I don't mind it at all. It could be my joke for when I get to heaven. I can imagine sitting around with other saints having this conversation: "hey, what were you doing when you got raptured?". Heh. When the rapture does happen, I'd like to be around my co-workers. So they will witness all that I have been trying to tell them. Hopefully they can be saved after that.

Wally
August 12th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Driving.

or
Struggling in the muck of life.

golden mean
August 12th, 2011, 08:20 AM
I do not want to be thinking this thought:

"We've been expecting the Rapture for decades and it hasn't happened. Maybe it's time to rethink this Rapture thing."

Oh my! Me either! That thought goes through my head a lot. Another thing, this is kind of awful, but I was thinking the other day that I hope my dog is outside and not in the house when the rapture comes. i have 2 house cats and i don't want the dog to make a meal of them. I hope the animals join us, but what if they don't? I worry a lot about my pets. I have a huge container of cat food in the pantry and I always leave the lid unsealed so that they can knock it off and have the food when we are gone.

Gilligan
August 12th, 2011, 08:51 AM
I don't want to be caught at the Prichard Tavern 6,700 miles from Jerusalem:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_EgxnPJenCJs/RoyF6hQkX5I/AAAAAAAABUE/Nm5l2o1nBz8/s400/prichard%2Btavern.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2541/3753355334_2268e91c5c_m.jpg

Because of what Jesus said in Luke 12:45-46