PDA

View Full Version : Posting or INSERTING IMAGES question

Pages : [1] 2

Little Bug
August 17th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Sorry, everyone. I am not a "techie" by any means! I can't (for the life of me) figure out how to insert images with the new upgrade. I recently got an IPad and was able to figure out how to insert pictures before RR upgraded last weekend. I was at my DD's this evening (she is a 25-year-old "whiz" with computers), and even SHE couldn't figure it out. So, thinking it must be an IPad issue, I am now typing this from our desktop at home. And, guess what? I STILL can't figure it out.:idunno When I attempt to enter the "URL" RR requests, I get this message "Invalid URL" from RR. And I don't know how to upload an image from my computer----this doesn't work, either.

Can someone please help this old gal? Pleeeeeeeeeze??? :glasses:confused::crying

carrieb
August 17th, 2011, 10:27 PM
I tried using the insert picture icon in the post icon menu, using images from both my computer and the net - neither worked. I then tried using straight html code using an image from the net, again to no avail. A bigger brain than my pea-noggin is required, sorry I couldn't help.

IMSAVED
August 18th, 2011, 12:14 AM
YUMMY....the cookie looks good:wave

Little Bug
August 18th, 2011, 01:20 AM
YUMMY....the cookie looks good:wave

MMMMMM.... and so does the burger!!:madgrin

This is EXACTLY the same problem I'm having, carrie! I tried both methods and got the same thing..... no results. Bummer! But many thanks for trying!!:hug:hug

:anounce Attention all smarty-pants techies! HELP!!! I wanna be able to post pictures!:sob

scott00049
August 18th, 2011, 02:11 AM
Mods,

And while you're at it could you please show us how to embed videos as well??? Thank you..hhahahahhaha

I tried one earlier and failed miserably.

Scott

HeIsEnough
August 18th, 2011, 04:52 AM
I'm trying a couple with this post......

....apparently it works as a link, we'll need Chris to look into this issue.

Little Bug
August 18th, 2011, 12:16 PM
I'm trying a couple with this post......

....apparently it works as a link, we'll need Chris to look into this issue.

:yeah HeIsEnough! I love you BEST today!! THANK YOU!!:hug :thinking Now take a deep breath and relax, Little Bug. Be patient, be patient....:heh

IMSAVED
August 18th, 2011, 01:20 PM
I have never been able to post pictures on this messageboard.I just do not know how to post pictures....period.I am tech.challenged.:heh

Little Bug
August 18th, 2011, 03:35 PM
I have never been able to post pictures on this messageboard.I just do not know how to post pictures....period.I am tech.challenged.:heh

:console Awww. I guess at this point I consider myself "semi-tech challenged.":hehee What it takes, dear, is practice, practice, practice....:faint :hug

carrieb
August 18th, 2011, 11:13 PM
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n282/silkgirl/hebrew.jpg HA!!!!!! It Works!!!!

You need to use BBcode to insert an image from the internet (hopefully from your own url, common internet courtesy, I know you know this already)

BBcode for inserting images Exchange my parenthesis { pair with the [ pair thingies in the following: {IMG}http://www.whateverimage.com{/IMG}
also note that the ending bracket thingy has a slash / {/IMG} to close the command.