PDA

View Full Version : Netanyahu Departs for NYC, Expecting Cold Shoulder

Pages : [1] 2

Lynn
September 20th, 2011, 02:28 PM
As Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu addressed the Likud, he said (http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/israel-pm-departs-for-un-says-does-not-expect-warm-welcome-1.385633) that he is not expecting a warm welcome when he arrives in NYC for the UN meeting.

Wishing4
September 20th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Thanks! I was looking for something short and to the point that I could post of facebook.

I pray for Netanyahu daily. I know we at RR would give him a warm welcome.

kmendel
September 20th, 2011, 02:56 PM
I will be keeping in him in my prayers for safety in traveling, and for God's loving arms to hold him up during this awful time. What a burden he must carry..........wish he would come to the point of letting our Lord Jesus, his Messiah, carry the load for him and with him.

IamPJ
September 20th, 2011, 04:44 PM
What a job he has. Having to stand up and address people who hate him and his country. I have been praying for his safety also....

Mom2ten
September 20th, 2011, 04:49 PM
I wish Bibi would see that it is the Lord holding him up through this. The pressure and tension has to be unbelievable. I love this man and have been praying for him constantly it seems.

Praying
September 20th, 2011, 05:37 PM
I wish Bibi would see that it is the Lord holding him up through this. The pressure and tension has to be unbelievable. I love this man and have been praying for him constantly it seems.

Amen.

Tall Timbers
September 20th, 2011, 06:40 PM
May the blessings of the Lord be upon Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Israel. :pray:pray

Evoo327
September 20th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Praying for Bibi! :pray

iSong6:3
September 20th, 2011, 06:45 PM
...I know we at RR would give him a warm welcome.

Too bad we don't have an RR B&B Hospitality House to welcome him and all the Israeli diplomats. :thumb

Kvat3r
September 20th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Please pray....

Benjamin Netanyahu speaks at Likud conference, says has tried to approach Palestinian President Abbas several times for negotiations, to no avail.
By Barak RavidTags: Benjamin NetanyahuPalestinian stateUN Security Council

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Tuesday at a Likud party conference that he is aware he will come under heavy pressure as he prepared to leave for New York.

Will Netanyahu succeed in convincing the world's nations not to support the Palestinian independence bid? Visit Haaretz.com on Facebook and share your views.

Haaretz Editor-in-Chief Aluf Benn will be answering readers' questions on Wednesday, September 21, at 5 P.M. Israel time, about the Palestinian statehood bid at the United Nations.

"Tonight I am going to New York to speak at the General Assembly, meet with (U.S. President Barack) Obama and with other leaders," Netanyahu said. "I know the reception I received here is much warmer than the one I will receive at the UN, and exactly because of that I think we should go there and present our truth… of a people attacked over and over by those opposed to their very existence. That is the most basic truth."

Netanyahu said he has turned to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas several times, and offered him to meet, but Abbas declined. "I told him the road to peace goes through direct negotiations and not unilateral decisions at the UN," he said.

Also on Tuesday, Israel’s Ambassador to the UN, Ron Prosor, said in an interview that Israel “is ready to negotiate tomorrow,” with the Palestinians.

In an interview with Army Radio, Prosor discussed attempts to arrange a meeting between Abbas and Netanyahu during their mutual visit to New York before the UN vote on Palestinian statehood, which is due to take place on September 23.
http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/israel-pm-departs-for-un-says-does-not-expect-warm-welcome-1.385633