PDA

View Full Version : A Signless Event

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

MaranathaLJ
September 29th, 2011, 05:28 PM
ronbo:

Even though it says nobody knows the day or hour? Jesus spent most of Matthew Chapter 24 describing signs that would

preceed His return why would he even waste his breath if it was a set day that we could already know. Nothing personal

but your comment makes no sense as related to what the scriptures say.

ronbo477
September 29th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Sorry Maranatha
What I meant was the quote (that we should know it was at the door previously) mentioned was said to be the 2nd coming. I see it as a sudden event. the reason being the second coming is docuemented to the day. No offense taken.
I sometimes have a problem expressing myself I'm 64 and had cancer several times so I apologise in advance if I'm misunderstood.

In Christ
September 29th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Yes, great post and thank-you... however I believe the 7 year peace agreement will already be in place, as Israel will be living in 'unwalled villages' when the Gog/Magog war happens. I think this is mentioned in Ezk 38 ?

Do you see "Unwalled Villages" as being a metaphor? Is it literal or could it simply mean "living in peace/without worry"?

momoffaith
September 29th, 2011, 09:43 PM
I believe we are seeing many signs that signal, tell us that this signless event is getting closer to being fulfilled.
To me I see the rapture as signless, as there will be no warning, nothing that must happen first. Like no yellow light before a red light.
Jesus laid out so many signs for us to watch for because He wanted us to know it was approaching :)

OtherSideOfTheBoat
September 29th, 2011, 10:11 PM
I believe we will first hear the trumpet and a shout something to the effect, "Behold the Bridegroom. Come out to me him." That's about 3-5 seconds?

dleader
September 30th, 2011, 01:41 AM
It would be so nice to get out of all the headaches and heartaches of this world. I hope we get to go soon. I just keep watching for signs to set up the tribulation and know that we will be gone before it starts.

Not Perfect, But Forgiven
October 1st, 2011, 01:15 AM
It would be so nice to get out of all the headaches and heartaches of this world. I hope we get to go soon. I just keep watching for signs to set up the tribulation and know that we will be gone before it starts.

I know how that feels, but just think, one day we will be absolutely incapable of any form of suffering. Let alone that we will never suffer again, but because of Jesus, we won't be able to suffer again! We will be completely immune from sin and all of its brutalities forever. It's sometimes hard to get motivated about it, because we live here. The only way out is death or the Rapture, and both can sometimes seem like a ridiculously long time away. I look out my window sometimes, or at the world around me as I drive, and it feels like the amount of time we have left is enormous. It feels like an amount of years that can't be measured by a stack of calenders, but more closely resembles a video game score. Then, I notice the signs Jesus talked about. I notice the mean and angry people, the atheists who claim to not believe in God and think religion is stupid, but are obsessed with God and convincing others that they are fools for believing in anything other than themselves. I see the leaders we have in place. I see the thefts, the murders, the terrorists, the economy, the insane weather, the sin and deprevity we endure daily. This world just reeks of the tribulation. It's just waiting to pop off. All that's left is the Rapture. Take hope my friend. You'll be flying the skies in your new body before you know it.

WVBORN56
October 1st, 2011, 10:01 PM
Keep watching Turkey. Erdogen is sounding a lot like imanutjob from Iran. This may be the start or the beginning roots of Ezekeil 38-39 war. If so I agree we could be going home sooner rather than later. We already know Hamas is a ticking time bomb and if the UN vote does not pan out for the PA statehood I look for the Isaiah 17 war to start as well. So many things are on the verge.... the least of which is the delicate global economy. I can't see these things hanging in limbo for much longer...time to pray-up, witness-up with some holy living on the up and up! Jesus your bride longs to see you face to face. Come soon!

HeIsEnough
October 3rd, 2011, 05:30 AM
The rapture is a signless event. Yet the signs Jesus told us would happen prior to the rapture are happening. In fact the signs for the tribulation are showing up. So we must be close to the rapture.

:nod

He will come as a thief to those asleep, those who sleep are sleeping after all.

Those not asleep, we are to keep watch, knowing His appearing is close, right at the door. It certainly would not have surprised us if it was in the last few days. The same cannot be said for many who profess Christ and have heard the warnings.

There is not much in between these two, like date setting or scoffing.

Many fall into one of the three, scoffing (not believing it at all and actively working against hope), date setting or sleeping (similar to scoffers but apathetic to His return).

Those in none of those positions keep watch, lamps lit, looking for and loving the appearing of the Lord.

Many just don't like this sort of 'ambiguity', but the Lord is wiser than us, knowing what men should do and how they should live and think while we wait. It produces things the other paths do not, and He even details why they do not produce the sort of righteousness He desires in His people. It also teaches us things about the Lord, things we may not otherwise realize or be enlightened about.

Lamptomyfeet
October 3rd, 2011, 12:50 PM
Do you see "Unwalled Villages" as being a metaphor? Is it literal or could it simply mean "living in peace/without worry"?

Hmmm...yes I was seeing it as literal, maybe it is a metaphor as you suggest. I will have to study this a bit more. (Sorry for not replying sooner, I did not see your question until today).

:wave