PDA

View Full Version : William Branham?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12

-GodsLove-
May 29th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Branham claimed to be guided by an angel, yet there is no biblical subtance for this claim, it's also interesting to note that Muhammed also claimed to be guided by an angel. He (Branham) could also read people's thoughts, yet this isn't a New Testament gift, but can definitely be found to be something that is done by occult mystics.

What endeared Branham to people was the fact that he remained common, he dressed modestly and turned away offerings, saying he had enough money.
He also concealed his Oneness doctrine, as well as his other weird doctrines, such as his take on the trinitarian doctrine. He always insisted that people who were baptized in the Father, Son and Holy Ghost had to be re-baptized in the name of Jesus only.

He also claimed that the sin of Eve in the Garden of Eden was that she had sexual relations with the serpent or Satan, so in effect with this is mind he said that if one saw anything bad happening, a woman would be the cause of it - all the trouble in the world was because of women, according to William Branham.

The most questionable aspect of his life was the halo or "pillar of fire" that constantly hung over his head, which was depicted in photo's - again, this cannot be substantiated biblically. Branham was never humble when it came to claiming that he was a true prophet of God. He claimed succession from the following "prophets":

The Apostle Paul

Irenaeus

Saint Martin (Roman Catholic)

Columba

Martin Luther

Wesley

William Branham

2 Timothy 4:3 - For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

That angel was the Lord Jesus Christ that he spoke of. It's the same one that is with us, only Branham could see him. Its not complicated.

You say he read people's thoughts. First of all it wasn't reading their thoughts it was desirnment. Jesus did that to the woman at the well telling her she had 5 husbands.

John 4:18

18For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

19The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.

(Automatically she asked if he was a prophet because that is one of the fruits of a prophet.)

He didn't say to be baptized in the name of Jesus only. It was in the Jesus Christ as stated in

Acts 2:38
38Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

(Which once again is an answer to how we view father, spirit and son, that the name of God is Jesus Christ.)

In the bible the serpent was considerd the most subtle beast. A snake is not a beast. The serpent became a snake when God cursed him and said from thy belly you will crawl.

Genisis 3:1
1Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

(Eating can be refered to as partaking of something, anything.)

Genisis 3:14
14And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

How come that pillar of fire isn't biblical? It led Moses through the wilderness so therefore it is biblical.

Exodus 13:21

21 By day the LORD went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night.

-GodsLove-
May 29th, 2007, 01:55 PM
No, the great and dreadful day of the Lord is the tribulation. Branham died 50 years ago and you want to believe that he was the Elijah. So who is doing Elijah's work these past decades?

John died before Jesus was crucified and returned from the dead. That has nothing to do with it. All the prophet is to do is prepare the way for the coming of Christ. That is by letting God use him to reveal God's word so that no one will have an excuse anymore about not understanding the Bible because the mystery has been finished so therefore Christ can return when those who have understood the Bible prepare themselves in His Word for the Second Coming.

-GodsLove-
May 29th, 2007, 02:00 PM
It only makes sense to you because if not then you would have to question the whole serpent seed doctrine that you believe. You denigrate a miracle of God to something sexual. God is God and yet you are saying that He could not supernaturally fertilize an egg, the same God who created that egg.

Jesus had to be born of the woman's seed to make the Plan of Redemption possible. No other way will do and unless you believe that then you are denying the deity of Jesus Christ.

BTW a woman's egg moves into her fallopian tubes roughly every 28 days. If the egg is not fertilized by sperm within a time frame, the woman's uterus changes and menstration begins. There is no such thing as a sensations to fertilize an egg.

And that exactly what God did. He fertilized the egg he created with the sperm.

No. He had to be born human to make the Plan of Redemption. The Bible says when we become adopted sons and daughters of God we are the linage of Abraham, Issac, Jacob all the way down through David. This doesn't make us exactly their seed. It's just a spiritual type. Christ could not have been God if He had a mother, because God does not have a mother, He is infinite. I don't see why you don't get it.

BlessedinHim
May 29th, 2007, 02:15 PM
To my understand, mary was also of the lineage of David. The scripture says God overshadowed her and that is all it says. What happened during the overshadowing is a mystery and there is nothing more written about it that I know of that is bible based. To adlib anything more is not a good thing to do and possible bad speculation at best. All things are possible with God, even to save a rich man.

As all things were created, as woman was taken out of man, why couldnt he have taken the egg and just caused it to begin to grow? He spoke things into existence, why couldnt He just say to the egg, be whole and grow and He put the spirit of Jesus in there?

Pure specualation on my part, but I believe more in tune with what the Bible has to say about this event.

-GodsLove-
May 29th, 2007, 02:49 PM
To my understand, mary was also of the lineage of David. The scripture says God overshadowed her and that is all it says. What happened during the overshadowing is a mystery and there is nothing more written about it that I know of that is bible based. To adlib anything more is not a good thing to do and possible bad speculation at best. All things are possible with God, even to save a rich man.

As all things were created, as woman was taken out of man, why couldnt he have taken the egg and just caused it to begin to grow? He spoke things into existence, why couldnt He just say to the egg, be whole and grow and He put the spirit of Jesus in there?

Pure specualation on my part, but I believe more in tune with what the Bible has to say about this event.

Actually. I agree. It is something that doesn't really matter. What matters is Jesus Christ died to save men from sin.

BlessedinHim
May 29th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Actually. I agree. It is something that doesn't really matter. What matters is Jesus Christ died to save men from sin.

That is the most important thing to us that He did. The next important thing, is to believe and accept the gift that Jesus has set out before us.

hehe, I have to write this as well, in other thread, an argument rages on between the differences in accepting Jesus and Him accepting us, I believe the Spirit reveals things to us.

Jesus accepted us at His death, we in turn must believe that Christ did this and accept the gift of Eternal life that this has provided. That is what saves us. We dont accept Christ, we believe Christ, we accept the gift, if we dont believe in Christ, we cant accept the gift.

Sorry, had to write that down quickly. WOW I love it when the spirit opens things up.

-GodsLove-
May 29th, 2007, 10:09 PM
That is the most important thing to us that He did. The next important thing, is to believe and accept the gift that Jesus has set out before us.

hehe, I have to write this as well, in other thread, an argument rages on between the differences in accepting Jesus and Him accepting us, I believe the Spirit reveals things to us.

Jesus accepted us at His death, we in turn must believe that Christ did this and accept the gift of Eternal life that this has provided. That is what saves us. We dont accept Christ, we believe Christ, we accept the gift, if we dont believe in Christ, we cant accept the gift.

Sorry, had to write that down quickly. WOW I love it when the spirit opens things up.

Exactly. It's almost like you have repeated some of my words in one of my posts a few pages ago. That gift Christ has given to us is there, but it is not ours unless we accept it. Quite simple.

saved by Grace
May 30th, 2007, 12:23 AM

exactly what she said :nod

CountryBumpkin
May 30th, 2007, 03:33 AM
And that exactly what God did. He fertilized the egg he created with the sperm.

No. He had to be born human to make the Plan of Redemption. The Bible says when we become adopted sons and daughters of God we are the linage of Abraham, Issac, Jacob all the way down through David. This doesn't make us exactly their seed. It's just a spiritual type. Christ could not have been God if He had a mother, because God does not have a mother, He is infinite. I don't see why you don't get it.

:tsk Please don't try and change what I said. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that God created the egg and yet you build a doctrine from it.
I have noticed in the past posts how you dance around the questions. It is rather tiring.
Lets get specific: In his sermon Paradox (64-0206B) Branham says:

" Elisabeth said that she was kind of worried. She said, "Because it's six months now, and the baby hadn't moved." That's irregular. See? Baby is practically, what we call today, "dead," (See?) as good as dead in his mother's womb. Six months, It troubled her.

And as soon as she said, "Jesus," little John begin to leap in his mother's womb. He received the Holy Ghost. The Bible said he was born from his mother's wombs full of the Holy Ghost." The first time that Name was ever called out of a human lip, a dead baby came to life in the womb of a mother.

194 John, dead six months in his mother's womb come to life, through the Name of Jesus Christ, the first time it was ever spoke by human lip, show that dead men would come to life by the Name of Jesus Christ."

Please show me which scripture says that John was dead or did not move for 6 months in her womb.

Further on Branham says this:

"When Jesus was standing there, and upon the shores of Galilee, John looked up and he saw the Spirit of God, like a dove, descending, and a voice saying, "This is My beloved Son in Whom I'm pleased to dwell in." "In Whom I'm pleased to dwell," the same thing: verb before the adverb is all. See, see? "This is My beloved Son in Whom I am pleased to dwell in." God and man becoming One, uniting together for redemption."

The word "pleased" in Greek is "eudokeo" and according to Strong's Concordance this word means ' good pleasure' to be well pleased' to think it good"
Please show me the scripture that says "pleased to dwell in"

Moving on Branham says:
"He was born virgin birth. He wasn't the blood of a Jew; neither was He a Gentile."

Scripture please?

Yet later Branham says:

"And this little Boy, twelve-year-old Child, no wisdom at all, why, but just a twelve-year-old Boy... The Father didn't dwell in Him at that time, because He come on the day when He baptized Him; he saw the Spirit of God coming down (See?), and went in Him. But look, this little twelve-year-old Boy, being the Word; He was born the anointed One (See?), to be the anointed. And here He was. "Know ye not that I must be about My Father's business?"

Could you show me the scripture that shows that God did not "dwell" in this boy?

The test for truth is through scripture, so please supply these in order to test if Branham speaks the truth, and please make sure it is specific scripture for the following:
1. John was dead in Elizabeth's womb for 6 months.
2. This is my beloved Son, in whom I am pleased to dwell.
3. He was not the blood of a Jew.
4. Jesus was just a boy without the Spirit of God.

CountryBumpkin
May 30th, 2007, 04:13 AM
:scripture
Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel."

The Hebrew word for seed here is "Zera" meaning offspring and ultimately to a particular descendant – Christ.

Jhn 7:42 Has not the Scripture said that the Christ comes from the seed of David and from the town of Bethlehem, where David was?"

Act 13:23 From this man's seed, according to [the] promise, God raised up for Israel a* Savior--Jesus--

Rom 1:3 concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh,

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, "And to seeds," as of many, but as of one, "And to your Seed," who is Christ.

Gal 3:19 What purpose then [does] the law [serve]? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; [and it was] appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.

2Ti 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ, of the seed of David, was raised from the dead according to my gospel,

The Greek word being used here is "sperma" meaning natural offspring. The word seed is used in the singular to show that the seed was the Messiah.
It can't get any clearer than that.

:scripture

Mat 1:20 But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.

Mmm...it does not say "created in her" but rather "conceived in her" Greek word " gennao" - it is used of conception.