PDA

View Full Version : William Branham?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12

-GodsLove-
May 24th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Obviously we see things in two different ways which is perfectly normal, all we can claim is what God has revealed to us and if were wrong pray God can change that. But I got to go. I don't have anymore time to try to explain something so doctrinal that really can only come by revelation and not reasoning.

LaMontre
May 24th, 2007, 08:39 PM
okay, here is Hebrews 7
Hebrews Index
Previous Next

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

King James Version: Hebrews Chapter 7
1 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;

2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;

3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.

I don't see how you can say that it has nothing to do with what we were talking about.......It COMPLETELY tells us what happened on that day!

Well, let me show you how I can say that;

Gen 18:1 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
Gen 18:2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
Gen 18:3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:
Gen 18:4 Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree:
Gen 18:5 And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said.
Gen 18:6 And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth.
Gen 18:7 And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it.
Gen 18:8 And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.
Gen 18:9 And they said unto him, Where is Sarah thy wife? And he said, Behold, in the tent.
Gen 18:10 And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him.
Gen 18:11 Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women.
Gen 18:12 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?
Gen 18:13 And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old?
Gen 18:14 Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.
Gen 18:15 Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he said, Nay; but thou didst laugh.
Gen 18:16 And the men rose up from thence, and looked toward Sodom: and Abraham went with them to bring them on the way.
Gen 18:17 And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do;
Gen 18:18 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?
Gen 18:19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
Gen 18:20 And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;
Gen 18:21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.
Gen 18:22 And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD.
Gen 18:23 And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?
Gen 18:24 Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
Gen 18:25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
Gen 18:26 And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.
Gen 18:27 And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:
Gen 18:28 Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it.
Gen 18:29 And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be forty found there. And he said, I will not do it for forty's sake.
Gen 18:30 And he said unto him, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall thirty be found there. And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there.
Gen 18:31 And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty's sake.
Gen 18:32 And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.
Gen 18:33 And the LORD went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.

No mention of Melchisedec.....

Oh, but wait, look here;

Gen 14:14 And when Abram heard that his brother was taken captive, he armed his trained servants, born in his own house, three hundred and eighteen, and pursued them unto Dan.
Gen 14:15 And he divided himself against them, he and his servants, by night, and smote them, and pursued them unto Hobah, which is on the left hand of Damascus.
Gen 14:16 And he brought back all the goods, and also brought again his brother Lot, and his goods, and the women also, and the people.
Gen 14:17 And the king of Sodom went out to meet him after his return from the slaughter of Chedorlaomer, and of the kings that were with him, at the valley of Shaveh, which is the king's dale.
Gen 14:18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
Gen 14:19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
Gen 14:20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.
Gen 14:21 And the king of Sodom said unto Abram, Give me the persons, and take the goods to thyself.
Gen 14:22 And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth,
Gen 14:23 That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:
Gen 14:24 Save only that which the young men have eaten, and the portion of the men which went with me, Aner, Eshcol, and Mamre; let them take their portion.

Thats 4 chapters earlier. THATS how I can say one has nothing to do with the other.

Obviously we see things in two different ways which is perfectly normal, all we can claim is what God has revealed to us and if were wrong pray God can change that. But I got to go. I don't have anymore time to try to explain something so doctrinal that really can only come by revelation and not reasoning.

Well if your ready to quit so be it, I am still awaiting an argument. But if you feel you have presented your case, I'd say it's pretty weak.

-GodsLove-
May 24th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Well, let me show you how I can say that;

Gen 18:1 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
Gen 18:2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
Gen 18:3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:
Gen 18:4 Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree:
Gen 18:5 And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said.
Gen 18:6 And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth.
Gen 18:7 And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it.
Gen 18:8 And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.
Gen 18:9 And they said unto him, Where is Sarah thy wife? And he said, Behold, in the tent.
Gen 18:10 And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him.
Gen 18:11 Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women.
Gen 18:12 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?
Gen 18:13 And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old?
Gen 18:14 Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.
Gen 18:15 Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he said, Nay; but thou didst laugh.
Gen 18:16 And the men rose up from thence, and looked toward Sodom: and Abraham went with them to bring them on the way.
Gen 18:17 And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do;
Gen 18:18 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?
Gen 18:19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
Gen 18:20 And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;
Gen 18:21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.
Gen 18:22 And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD.
Gen 18:23 And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?
Gen 18:24 Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
Gen 18:25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
Gen 18:26 And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.
Gen 18:27 And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:
Gen 18:28 Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it.
Gen 18:29 And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be forty found there. And he said, I will not do it for forty's sake.
Gen 18:30 And he said unto him, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall thirty be found there. And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there.
Gen 18:31 And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty's sake.
Gen 18:32 And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.
Gen 18:33 And the LORD went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.

No mention of Melchisedec.....

Oh, but wait, look here;

Gen 14:14 And when Abram heard that his brother was taken captive, he armed his trained servants, born in his own house, three hundred and eighteen, and pursued them unto Dan.
Gen 14:15 And he divided himself against them, he and his servants, by night, and smote them, and pursued them unto Hobah, which is on the left hand of Damascus.
Gen 14:16 And he brought back all the goods, and also brought again his brother Lot, and his goods, and the women also, and the people.
Gen 14:17 And the king of Sodom went out to meet him after his return from the slaughter of Chedorlaomer, and of the kings that were with him, at the valley of Shaveh, which is the king's dale.
Gen 14:18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
Gen 14:19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
Gen 14:20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.
Gen 14:21 And the king of Sodom said unto Abram, Give me the persons, and take the goods to thyself.
Gen 14:22 And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth,
Gen 14:23 That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:
Gen 14:24 Save only that which the young men have eaten, and the portion of the men which went with me, Aner, Eshcol, and Mamre; let them take their portion.

Thats 4 chapters earlier. THATS how I can say one has nothing to do with the other.

Well if your ready to quit so be it, I am still awaiting an argument. But if you feel you have presented your case, I'd say it's pretty weak.

Obviously your wrong because you want to argue. The Bible says let us reason not ARGUE! It ain't weak your just dragging it on. Your finding stuff to nit pick on that doesn't really even matter. The point is, is that you guys hate William Branham because he proves that the trinity is of the devil. But in all reality it makes sense.
But whatever, just as much as nothing isn't gonna change my mind nothing will change yours. All I can say is you need to look into Branhams teachings more because your not getting it. And that goes for anyone reading this text. If your a child of God he isn't gonna decieve you so it won't hurt to look into it. One thing about the way I believe is people will either hate it or love it. Its funny when people talk about other religions it don't really bother them, but when it comes to this stuff, they BLOW up or SEE it. That says something. All I can say is you need to study what he said more because your trying to say things that he never said so obviously you are not studying it enough.

LaMontre
May 24th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Obviously your wrong because you want to argue.

Setting aside for the moment, the fact that I not arguing....I am wrong simply because I want to argue?

The Bible says let us reason not ARGUE! It ain't weak your just dragging it on.

Naw, it's weak man, really.

And who is arguing?? I can't present my evidence from scripture without being accused on unchristian conduct??

Your finding stuff to nit pick on that doesn't really even matter.

I was simply responding to YOUR statements.

The point is, is that you guys hate William Branham because he proves that the trinity is of the devil.

If he uses the same support for his points that you use (that is, none at all), I can't see how he has proven anything.

But in all reality it makes sense. But whatever, just as much as nothing isn't gonna change my mind nothing will change yours.

I am perfectly willing to hear your support for you position. I have not shut you down, or stopped you from making your point. Quite the contrary, I have given you every opportunity, and you have simply changed the subject three different times. And now it is MY fault that you haven't supported your position?? :ohno

All I can say is you need to look into Branhams teachings more because your not getting it.

Why don't you present them? I haven't seen them. In fact, I had no idea we were taling about Branham at all. This is a VERY strange modus operandi.....bring up totally unrelated topics in the middle of a conversation.

And that goes for anyone reading this text. If your a child of God he isn't gonna decieve you so it won't hurt to look into it. One thing about the way I believe is people will either hate it or love it. Its funny when people talk about other religions it don't really bother them, but when it comes to this stuff, they BLOW up or SEE it. That says something. All I can say is you need to study what he said more because your trying to say things that he never said so obviously you are not studying it enough.

As I say, if your comments here have been an example of your knowledge of the bible and doctrine, I would say it is YOU who needs to study. And I would also say it is you who are blowing up, not I (Rom 2:1).

Good day to you. :wave

CountryBumpkin
May 24th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Obviously your wrong because you want to argue. The Bible says let us reason not ARGUE! It ain't weak your just dragging it on. Your finding stuff to nit pick on that doesn't really even matter. The point is, is that you guys hate William Branham because he proves that the trinity is of the devil. But in all reality it makes sense.
But whatever, just as much as nothing isn't gonna change my mind nothing will change yours. All I can say is you need to look into Branhams teachings more because your not getting it. And that goes for anyone reading this text. If your a child of God he isn't gonna decieve you so it won't hurt to look into it. One thing about the way I believe is people will either hate it or love it. Its funny when people talk about other religions it don't really bother them, but when it comes to this stuff, they BLOW up or SEE it. That says something. All I can say is you need to study what he said more because your trying to say things that he never said so obviously you are not studying it enough.

Oh, I don't think anyone blows up if they see this stuff. I just makes me so, so sad that you and others believe the false doctrines that Branham taught. I notice that you did not reason with me about the misinterpretation of the Matthew verse. Why not?
You only know what Branham has taught you and you cannot seem to reason
with LaMontre when he presents scripture before you. You. my friend, have been blinded to the truth and I will be praying for you.

-GodsLove-
May 25th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Setting aside for the moment, the fact that I not arguing....I am wrong simply because I want to argue?

And who is arguing?? I can't present my evidence from scripture without being accused on unchristian conduct??

If he uses the same support for his points that you use (that is, none at all), I can't see how he has proven anything.

I am perfectly willing to hear your support for you position. I have not shut you down, or stopped you from making your point. Quite the contrary, I have given you every opportunity, and you have simply changed the subject three different times. And now it is MY fault that you haven't supported your position?? :ohno

Why don't you present them? I haven't seen them. In fact, I had no idea we were taling about Branham at all. This is a VERY strange modus operandi.....bring up totally unrelated topics in the middle of a conversation.

As I say, if your comments here have been an example of your knowledge of the bible and doctrine, I would say it is YOU who needs to study. And I would also say it is you who are blowing up, not I (Rom 2:1).

I thought you were the cow guy thats why I talked about Branham. Actually this all started by talking about the trinity. I explained my view point on that and I am settled there. As for your advice I do need to study more. Everyone does. I'm just sorry I can't find the words to explain to you exactly how I see the trinity without getting you all confused. I really can't intellectually explain how one of the mysteries of the Bible, the Godhead, works. It just doesn't work that way, you have to see it for yourself. You never commented to me about the three persons in the trinity. I told you that the Father and Holy Spirit aren't persons like the Son was. Once again that messes the whole trinity doctrine up. You said Abraham saw three men. He called one Lord and never called the other two son, or holy spirit to make those three men the three persons in God.

-GodsLove-
May 25th, 2007, 12:34 AM

For acting like such a religious person your myspace sure doesn't compliment it. Now I really don't believe your in the right condition to say what you have said about Branham or you acting so spiritual. You can't have Jesus Christ and Jemi Hendrix you gota choose one and leave the other. This is just rediculous. haha. well im done with this conversation. Have a nice day.

CountryBumpkin
May 25th, 2007, 01:57 AM
How about answering my post. :wave

Another thing, what are the signs of a cult.
When they consider themselves to be the only true church.
When they are inclusive.
When they deny the deity of Jesus.
When they are saturated in legalism.

You know how JWs believe that Jesus is the archangel Michael? Well, I can show you in three of Branham's sermons where he says that exact same thing. :twitch

LaMontre
May 25th, 2007, 10:15 AM
For acting like such a religious person your myspace sure doesn't compliment it. Now I really don't believe your in the right condition to say what you have said about Branham or you acting so spiritual. You can't have Jesus Christ and Jemi Hendrix you gota choose one and leave the other. This is just rediculous. haha. well im done with this conversation. Have a nice day.

1Co 4:3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
1Co 4:4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
1Co 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Buzzardhut
May 25th, 2007, 10:43 AM
:attarg