PDA

View Full Version : Yom Kippur and the Rapture?

Pages : [1] 2

picassoface
October 8th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Why do some say that the rapture may occur on or near Yom Kippur?

iSong6:3
October 8th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Because they've been taught wrong and/or because they don't believe what Jesus said that no one knows/can know the time of the Rapture.

JJW81867
October 8th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Because they think they know more than our Savior, Jesus Christ, who said not even He knows but only the Father.

Jlutz
October 8th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Some people are really obsessed with the idea that Israel's feast schedule has to predict the rapture

It's not any more biblical than using the NBA playoff bracket to predict the rapture, but some people are still convinced.

Nightelf
October 8th, 2011, 11:30 PM
They think Jesus somehow lied when He said that no one knows the time or the day of His return for His Bride. :rolleyes

Rei
October 8th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Hey, I'll take His return on Yom Kippur. I'll take His return the next day, or the day after that. I'll take it right now, if He pleases. :panic

Praying
October 8th, 2011, 11:45 PM
I agree, that no one knows the day or the hour of the rapture. Only the Father in Heaven knows when this will be.

< mod edit >

Jesus will come, when the Father tells him it is time, and not a second before. It could be before the day is over, could be tomorrow, next week, next month, or next year. I am praying it won't be any longer than that, but Thy will be done.

Shannon9602
October 9th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Many people wants to be off this rock!! So they are looking for any sign for his return....

scott00049
October 9th, 2011, 01:03 AM
Because there is a blowing of the shofar on Yom Kippur that is referred to as "the final trump".

lightseeker*
October 9th, 2011, 05:38 AM
Because there is a blowing of the shofar on Yom Kippur that is referred to as "the final trump".

Oh, I thought that there was the "final trump" in the Feast of Trumpets, that is Rosh Hashana. That's what everyone kept talking about, anyway. I wonder, don't Jews blow the trumpets at every Feast celebration?