PDA

View Full Version : Gilad Shalit prisoner swap deal reached *MERGED*

Pages : 1 2 [3]

iSong6:3
October 12th, 2011, 10:35 PM
It wasn't a good deal/trade and no one knows that more than most of Israel, but there were no other options as many officials have noted. Shalit needed to be freed, aside from the inhumane and illegal captivity, to "clear the decks," so to speak, as far as future action against Iran is concerned. Israel now is free to act against Iran without worrying about or knowing that Shalit would be killed, after any Israeli action. And, that "might be" why Israel threw in the towel on the extortionary trade/swap at this point in time. The most important thing now is for Israel to try to insure that this incident doesn't happen again. The Moslo-thugs are now emboldened by bringing Israel to its knees and have plainly stated that they are going to try to capture more soldiers. Israel needs to be extremely vigilant, lest this happen again.

Very interesting thoughts here. :thumb Maybe against Gaza too, as that's where Gilad Shalit has been imprisoned.

RobertB
October 12th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Very interesting thoughts here. :thumb Maybe against Gaza too, as that's where Gilad Shalit has been imprisoned.

Yes, Iran, Gaza, possibly south Lebanon, as well as several other possible arenas where Israel could be engaged soon, thus possibly eliminating the chance of getting Shalit back alive. I believe Israel strongly suspects something is going to go down reasonably soon, whether they initiate it or whether the Moslems do, thus their swallowing the bitter pill on the swap.

October 12th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Yes, Iran, Gaza, possibly south Lebanon, as well as several other possible arenas where Israel could be engaged soon, thus possibly eliminating the chance of getting Shalit back alive. I believe Israel strongly suspects something is going to go down reasonably soon, whether they initiate it or whether the Moslems do, thus their swallowing the bitter pill on the swap.

I suspect so too. Time will tell though. We'll keep watching and :praying, always something *interesting* going on over there :israel. :sad :hug

EarsToHear
October 12th, 2011, 11:32 PM
A source involved in the talks told Reuters the deal called for freeing the prisoners in a two-stage arrangement, the first involving the release of 450 for the soldier, and the remaining 550 afterwards.

I don't think they'll pull anything too nasty until they get the second batch of prisoners.

Beccasue
October 13th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Actually considering the skill of 1 Jewish soldier vs your typical palestinian terrorist I'd say Israel got a fantastic deal. No, I'm not kidding.

Good point. Reminds me of the movie 300 when Leonidas asks the Athenians how many soldiers they brought. All had other occupations other than soldier while the Spartans had 300, battle hardened, trained from childhood, soldiers. No contest. Thanks for reminding me of this fact!

October 13th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Gilad is scheduled to be released on Tuesday, here's that thread: http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?168306-Gantz-Gilad-to-return-on-Tuesday

:pray :ghug