PDA

View Full Version : Where is America in the Last Days of the End Times?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

BLESSED BEYOND BELIEF
December 21st, 2008, 06:40 AM
yep, the Bible interprets itself
no guessing game needed

:thumb
and when we try to force the pieces together to fit our pre-determinded mind set, it just doesn't work. (like working a jigsaw puzzle and forcing the pieces together)

ron4Jesus
February 9th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Hitchcock Discusses the US in Revelation 18

By Nathan Jones

Can the United States of America be found in Revelation 18?

Dr. David Reagan and I recently had the pleasure of interviewing Dr. Mark Hitchcock on the show Christ in Prophecy. Mark is a leading Bible prophecy expert, prolific author who has penned over 20 books on the end times, senior pastor of Faith Bible Church located in Oklahoma, and adjunct faculty member of the Dallas Theological Seminary. He is also a much in demand speaker at Bible prophecy conferences all over the nation.

Dr. Hitchcock was invited to answer questions based on his book The Late Great United States. The subtitle of Mark's fascinating book What Bible Prophecy Reveals About America's Last Days states the purpose. The book digs deep into the Bible, mining for any textual nugget that might reveal some value as tothe United States' future as an end time player.

The US in Revelation 18?

Nathan Jones: What about Revelation 18? Some people when they read "Babylon" they'll say that it is New York City, or it the United States as a whole. Is Babylon, which will be destroyed in an hour, be the nation of the United States?

Dr. Hitchcock: I would say this is the most popular claim that the Bible is talking about the United States today.

Dr. Reagan: It is. Almost every day I get a message from somebody saying it's got to be the United States because this chapter talks about a nation that controls the world and economy and everything, and so it has got to be the U.S.

Dr. Hitchcock: That's right. This view became even more popular after the events of 9/11 took place.

more here : http://bible-prophecy-today.blogspot.com/2010/02/hitchcock-discusses-us-in-revelation-18.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BibleProphecyToday+%28Bible+P rophecy+Today%29&utm_content=Yahoo!+Mail

WVBORN56
February 9th, 2010, 10:01 PM
So they conclude Babylon is Babylon, Iraq. It seems as though it may take some time for this to become the world wide headquarters of the AC. I have great respect for Dr. Reagan's opinion.

Thoughts?

GOD'S GIRL!!
February 9th, 2010, 10:06 PM
According to how the heat is on in the ME...is there enough time to rebuild Babylon?:scratch

WVBORN56
February 9th, 2010, 10:13 PM
According to how the heat is on in the ME...is there enough time to rebuild Babylon?:scratch

GG, not only the ME but every sign is heating up rapidly except Babylon. I was hoping on a 2010 rapture but this one has me questioning that. I'll keep looking up regardless. God can accelerate any event at any time as He chooses.

Maranatha!

clay's nemesis
February 10th, 2010, 05:18 AM
When the 'mahdi' asccends from the well (aka. pit, hole in ground, etc.) in Qom, he will rule from Kufa, Iraq. Kufa is a city located about 50-60 miles south of Baghdad. Ancient Babylon was also located about 50-60 miles south of Baghdad. Conclusion - Kufa is Babylon.

The muslims will rebuild Kufa/Babylon overnight with everything they have to appease their messiah. Kufa will become the center of the world because they will control most of the worlds oil from there. If you want to buy their oil, you will submit to Allah with a headbad or armband declaring your allegiance to Allah - not Yaweh. Very simple, low tech, easy to distribute, everyone in the entire world could use this method today, no 'bar code' needed, no database, no computers - just a piece of cloth with Allah's name.

The 'mark of the beast' is called a 'charagma' in ancient Greek or Aramaic. It is a piece of cloth worn on a person declaring who you belong to, your allegiance. You have all seen this in movies/gangs when one army will wear a red headband/armband and the other army will wear a different color.

You better pick very wisely not to accept this even if you and your entire family are killed for it...

Marie_M
February 10th, 2010, 06:25 AM

The rebuilding of Babylon (in Iraq), although not complete, started a couple of years ago. Parts of it became open to tourists last year.

http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/2009/06/28/bible-skeptics-take-note-babylon-is-being-rebuilt-just-as-prophesied/

http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?section=104&article=63495

http://www.theartnewspaper.com/articles/Controversial%20move%20to%20reopen%20Babylon/17332

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/03/world/middleeast/03babylon.html

SumSam
February 10th, 2010, 09:42 AM

Consider how swiftly Dubai built up in the past ten years, complete with the world's tallest skyscraper...and Dubai doesn't much oil of its own. They did it all on borrowed money.

Iraq has oil aplenty.

In Christ
February 10th, 2010, 10:19 AM
I have wondered about Babylon too. However, it seems we are expecting Babylon to be built into a Big City before the AC will see it as a place worth his while to inhabit. Though I have also felt that way, when I really think about it, with todays technology and worldwide air travel etc... All the AC will need is an Iraqi Palace to rule from... I don't think the city (keyword city) has to be in place for him to assume rule from that location. Can someone correct me if I am wrong, does the Bible actually say Babylon has to be a city? Or just "rebuiilt" ? Meaning inhabitable... Just some thoughts...

drjoshua
February 10th, 2010, 12:02 PM
I think I remember reading that Suddam Hussein himself was having the city of Babylon rebuilt.