PDA

View Full Version : Where is America in the Last Days of the End Times?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

matt
October 10th, 2007, 04:35 AM
Hey everybody!

I've been a student of Bible prophecy for a number of years - as you all have. One thing that has always concerned me as A British guy is where is America at the end?

In the Bible there is a King of the North and a King of the East and we are all pretty sure who these people are, but where is the King of the West?

If anything major happens in terms of foreign policy the way the current world political situation is, it is unthinkable that America would not play a leading role, either in advising or in direct action. Especially so in matters relating to the Middle East. But in the Bible, America is not there...at all.

I really worry as a Brit who loves America and its people what's coming in the future.

Give me your views please...

Topped 3
October 10th, 2007, 04:45 AM
The rapture sets america back to the stone age and /or a nuclear attack,probably...IMO..no better way to attain Prophetic obscurity.

Tenbear2808
October 10th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Since America is not mentioned in the Bible, my assumption is we are either non existent or a 2nd or 3rd world country.

There are just too many scenarios that can bring this about, from famines and natural catastrophes to acts of terrorism or a combo of all. :idunno

goinghome
October 10th, 2007, 12:17 PM
My guess is that between the rapture and other catastrophies, America will be attacked and taken over by some other, possibly European, country. So no need to specifically mention our name, we'll just be a distant province of Britain, Germany, Russia, or whoever??

BlessedinHim
October 10th, 2007, 12:28 PM
What I see is that right now, we are the major one who is behind Israel for the time being. However, I believe we must be taken out of the way so that God will get the glory for saving Israel. How the US is taken out of the way, I dont know. From this side of the pond, in the US, I see the US taking itself out through bad policy. At best we would be 2nd or 3rd world country as previous poster said. Or, perhaps we are annhilated.

goinghome: yeah, most likely be taken over by the anti-christ and reduced to be included with Mexico and Canada. Under one of the ten kings that are given power for a little while.

MrsBri
October 12th, 2007, 02:01 AM
Hey everybody!

I've been a student of Bible prophecy for a number of years - as you all have. One thing that has always concerned me as A British guy is where is America at the end?

In the Bible there is a King of the North and a King of the East and we are all pretty sure who these people are, but where is the King of the West?

If anything major happens in terms of foreign policy the way the current world political situation is, it is unthinkable that America would not play a leading role, either in advising or in direct action. Especially so in matters relating to the Middle East. But in the Bible, America is not there...at all.

I really worry as a Brit who loves America and its people what's coming in the future.

Give me your views please...

Here's the short version of a scary theory I've heard recently:

There is no King of the West mentioned in Daniel chapter 11, because he's the antichrist himself who is of Western decent & has taken up position in the Middle East. The Kings of the North & South try to come against him, but he overthrows them.

Then in Daniel 11:44, it says "But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many." In other words: News from the East & North cause him to go on a military rampage.

Daniel 10:14 Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days: for yet the vision is for many days.

Daniel 11:3-4 And a mighty king shall stand up, that shall rule with great dominion, and do according to his will. And when he shall stand up, his kingdom shall be broken, and shall be divided toward the four winds of heaven; and not to his posterity, nor according to his dominion which he ruled: for his kingdom shall be plucked up, even for others beside those.

(Already fullfilled with the Roman Empire)

Daniel 11:28 Then shall he return into his land with great riches; and his heart shall be against the holy covenant; and he shall do exploits, and return to his own land.

Roman Empire retreats from the Middle East & ends it's expansion. (already fullfilled)

Daniel 11:29 At the time appointed he shall return, and come toward the south; but it shall not be as the former, or as the latter. Antichrist, of Roman, Eurpoean descent returning to the area of the Middle East. (More specifically, the land of acient Babylon (Iraq)).

Daniel 11:40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.

Kings of the South & North resisting the antichrists' occupancy in the Middle East, but not being successful!

41 He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon.
42 He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape.
43 But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps.

Power over treasures...including oil?

44 But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.

Take out a map of the Middle East & locate Iraq. Iran is directly East of that & Russia is one of the nations North! Could news coming out of those countries trouble the willful king that much?

Is it possible that could be mistaken for the Gog/Magog war which defeats the Islamic countries & Israel mistakenly hails the willfull king as it's long awaited messiah?

45 And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

AOD? Jesus' 2nd coming to put him to his end?

With this theory, America has a central role to play. Time will tell but in the meantime, we should use caution when trying to fit current events into prophecy.

Comfort me
October 13th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Jeremiah 50 will give you your answers. Destroyed by Russia and her allies in a surprise nuclear attack.

Nikilyn
October 14th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Well, I believe that america is not mentioned in the bible because we are mostly a christian nation. There are practicing christians in other countries like china and africa and even the middle east, but they aren't very many in number and many of them are in hiding. So when the rapture comes, which country do you think is going to be missing the most people? I think it will be america. Plus if you include some of the earthquakes and signs during the tribulation, like the earthquake where 1/4 of the people die, well then there are even less people here. A couple of other points, Think of how big the united states is compared to countries in europe and the middle east. If we are missing a lot of people and there is turmoil and destruction everywhere, think of how hard it is going to be for americans to regroup. Lastly when this turmoil and destruction comes, think about where most of the world events are going to be taking place, europe and the middle east. America is a whole ocean away. It would be impossible for us to influence the rest of the world if planes and telephone lines were down for instance. We could easily be ignored, left to fend for ourselves, or without any armed citizens easily wiped out by a ground assault. Anyways I also agree with blessedinhim. We are the only ones backing israel and without us, God will be the only one left to protect israel. This is why some people believe the rapture will take place before israel is attacked by russia others believe like blessedinhim that we will pull ourselves out. I could argue for both sides, but i don't want to get to off topic.

MrsBri
October 14th, 2007, 01:29 AM
Jeremiah 50 will give you your answers. Destroyed by Russia and her allies in a surprise nuclear attack.

I think that's a possibility too.

Comfort me
October 14th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Well, I believe that america is not mentioned in the bible because we are mostly a christian nation. There are practicing christians in other countries like china and africa and even the middle east, but they aren't very many in number and many of them are in hiding. So when the rapture comes, which country do you think is going to be missing the most people? I think it will be america. Plus if you include some of the earthquakes and signs during the tribulation, like the earthquake where 1/4 of the people die, well then there are even less people here. A couple of other points, Think of how big the united states is compared to countries in europe and the middle east. If we are missing a lot of people and there is turmoil and destruction everywhere, think of how hard it is going to be for americans to regroup. Lastly when this turmoil and destruction comes, think about where most of the world events are going to be taking place, europe and the middle east. America is a whole ocean away. It would be impossible for us to influence the rest of the world if planes and telephone lines were down for instance. We could easily be ignored, left to fend for ourselves, or without any armed citizens easily wiped out by a ground assault. Anyways I also agree with blessedinhim. We are the only ones backing israel and without us, God will be the only one left to protect israel. This is why some people believe the rapture will take place before israel is attacked by russia others believe like blessedinhim that we will pull ourselves out. I could argue for both sides, but i don't want to get to off topic.

We have not been a Christian nation for many years. Look around you and it surprises me how many Christians think we have special "in" with God that he won't judge us. Look at all the abortions and all the people living together out of wedlock. To believe this nation has some special in with God is a lie from the enemy.