PDA

View Full Version : Help with MP3 player......

Perri
December 19th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I am thinking I want to get an MP3 player for sermons and music. I wanted to know if anyone has a suggestion for something $200 or under that would suit this purpose.

My understanding about IPod's is that everything has to come from ITunes. Is this correct? I want to be able to download sermons and music (maybe onto the computer) and then transfer to the player. I want to be able to use it in any room, so I am assuming that it would need to be docked with external speakers.

I know I don't make a lot of sense,:doh but I also know you are great at deciphering! :hehee

Thank you :hug

Hootmon
December 19th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Do you have a cell phone? A lot of those come with MP3 capability.

Perri
December 19th, 2011, 12:07 PM
No, my cell phone is just an ordinary cell phone that I keep for emergency use. $100 a year is all it cost.

I want something like an iPod, and maybe I need to spend more but it doesn't have to have internet capabilities, in fact, I don't think I would care for that.
I was thinking another brand might be cheaper.

nanny
December 19th, 2011, 12:25 PM
i love my little sanzo-40.00 at Target -i don't know any techy details- it's maroon, I download sermons from the internet and music from cd's through my computer. I learned about it from RR. I don't use speakers with it or know if they are available. Good luck!

macrohard
December 19th, 2011, 09:29 PM
There are so many options now these days for MP3. There are also a number of Android options as well, including small tablets for reasonable prices.

RaptureReady_7
December 19th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I Have Zune. Microsoft's mp3 player. I love mine. I have podcasts, sermons, videos from youtube. Even Tv shows. But you can pretty much put anything on it. And if you put free version of realplayer on your computer, you can convert music and videos to use on the Zune.

denster
December 19th, 2011, 11:16 PM
You can import in any mp3file into iTunes. Also rss feeds with mp3's. Comes with Bluetooth which gives you options with speakers and head phones.

Acts5:41
December 20th, 2011, 06:19 AM
I have an RCA Pearl. It cost $30.

It plays audio, or music files.

Perri
December 20th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Thank you so much for all of your replies.:hug I am going to have to do considerable research to see exactly what I want. I have such a hard time making up my mind.

I saw the 30 Gig Zune on eBay several times for $69 to$95. These were all from Hong Kong and I wondered what the gimic was? The regular price here for a new one is around $350.