PDA

View Full Version : "Christianity is just their security blanket!"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Rei
January 6th, 2012, 10:50 AM
The other day I was perusing one of those websites where atheists take the posts of us here and put them up to mock them as a group, and I spotted the catchphrase, "Christianity is just their security blanket."

They don't realize it but they have security blankets of their own. Hatred against us is one of them, it makes them feel big and strong. Atheism is a security blanket in and of itself, because it tricks them into feeling secure about their afterlife, that they will just rot in the ground and won't have to face a God Who will judge them, freeing them to do whatever they want here. The battle atheists wage is not unlike that of demons, in that their primary objective is to take people who have hope and drag them down to their level and make them as lost and miserable as they are.

futurehope
January 6th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Yes.

Alex
January 6th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Oh but what a security blanet it is.... Knowing that my Lord and Savior has His arms around me 24/7.

I once lived in the world they dwell and it was lonely, dark and very unpleasant.

IMSAVED
January 6th, 2012, 11:14 AM
I have been told that before by unbelieving co-workers.I have also been told that a Christian uses their Christianity like an alcoholic uses a drink.I sure do love my security blanket.:thumb My hope of living with Jesus Christ in Heaven for an eternity is a nice secure feeling.On the other hand what do they have to look forward to? An eternity in Hell and torment.NO THANKS.:fear

Kliska
January 6th, 2012, 12:44 PM
"Christianity is just their security blanket."

So says a group of people who have never actually lived a true Christian life...

Wally
January 6th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Kinda comes across as a blanket statement from a group who has no idea of what they are talking about....

HugsFromJesus
January 6th, 2012, 02:01 PM
I have heard "Jesus is just a crutch" before.

Yep, they got that right. When I don't use my Lord as a crutch, my walk with Him is very wobbly and I have even fallen down.

Sparkles
January 6th, 2012, 02:16 PM
What bothers me most about atheists is they spend so much time and energy and emotion fighting against something they don't even believe exists! If your fighting against something it must exist ! right? :scratch

Shining Brightly
January 6th, 2012, 03:38 PM
The other day I was perusing one of those websites where atheists take the posts of us here and put them up to mock them as a group, and I spotted the catchphrase, "Christianity is just their security blanket."

They don't realize it but they have security blankets of their own. Hatred against us is one of them, it makes them feel big and strong. Atheism is a security blanket in and of itself, because it tricks them into feeling secure about their afterlife, that they will just rot in the ground and won't have to face a God Who will judge them, freeing them to do whatever they want here. The battle atheists wage is not unlike that of demons, in that their primary objective is to take people who have hope and drag them down to their level and make them as lost and miserable as they are.

You are very right. But the problem is, our conscience is very much active, more so in some than others. God's presence is evident, and it is insane to think otherwise. To deny it is tantamount to insanity. I watched this amazing debate between Richard Dawkins and John Lennox and had to post it on this board. They're both British, but I enjoyed Lennox's humility and amazing God-given intellect at work. I've never seen it put so well in a debate format. If you have the time, you'll thoroughly enjoy this.

[YOU TUBE VIDEO]Kj5giG8WFLs[/YOU TUBE VIDEO]

iSong6:3
January 6th, 2012, 03:46 PM
They don't realize it but they have security blankets of their own.

That they band together in groups to *talk real big* against God and His people is a big fat fluffy false-security blanket.