PDA

View Full Version : Could "Unwalled Villages" have a different meaning?

Pages : [1] 2 3

jackson64
January 16th, 2012, 07:30 PM
For a long time I've assumed that we were far away from the Gog Magog invasion of Israel. Several reasons for this--I believe the rapture comes first, I believe some sort of event-- war or treaty--would lead Israel to let her defences down. I believe that America still will back Israel as opposed to them standing alone. I don't think Russia and Iran etal would do anything that agressive while America is still a power--but one of the big ones has been that Israel is supposed to be living in safety and be unsuspecting and the attackers are thinking, " I will invade a land of unwalled villages"........

With the recent cyber attacks against Israel and their reliance on a "defence shield" or an electronic and computerized "wall" instead of actual physical walls-- I was wondering if maybe Israel will be unsuspecting and "without walls" after a major cyber attack eliminates their ability to militarily retaliate.

I mean also, if Israel had nukes and weapons to fight off their attackers then it would not make them all finally turn to God and accept Christ. But after God personally saves them from certain destruction- then Israel and the nations will recognize the true God of Israel.....just a thought..

Anyone else think that Israel being "unwalled" may be the result of a cyber-attack?

pixelpusher
January 16th, 2012, 08:57 PM
For a long time I've assumed that we were far away from the Gog Magog invasion of Israel. Several reasons for this--I believe the rapture comes first, I believe some sort of event-- war or treaty--would lead Israel to let her defences down. I believe that America still will back Israel as opposed to them standing alone. I don't think Russia and Iran etal would do anything that agressive while America is still a power--but one of the big ones has been that Israel is supposed to be living in safety and be unsuspecting and the attackers are thinking, " I will invade a land of unwalled villages"........

With the recent cyber attacks against Israel and their reliance on a "defence shield" or an electronic and computerized "wall" instead of actual physical walls-- I was wondering if maybe Israel will be unsuspecting and "without walls" after a major cyber attack eliminates their ability to militarily retaliate.

I mean also, if Israel had nukes and weapons to fight off their attackers then it would not make them all finally turn to God and accept Christ. But after God personally saves them from certain destruction- then Israel and the nations will recognize the true God of Israel.....just a thought..

Anyone else think that Israel being "unwalled" may be the result of a cyber-attack?

That's an interesting thought, but if they had just been subject to a cyber-attack that brought down virtual walls, I don't think they could be classified as "peaceful and unsuspecting". Ezekiel 38:8 says "a land that has recovered from war".

What if Israel were victorious through a pre-emptive strike on Iran, and no longer felt a threat and became "betach", the Hebrew word translated "safety", that can also be translated as "careless", as in feeling so safe they let their guard down? I'm getting this notion from here: http://gracethrufaith.com/ikvot-hamashiach/a-land-of-unwalled-villages/

So I think your first inclination, war or treaty, which would also fit with Ezek 38:8, recovered from war.

iSong6:3
January 16th, 2012, 09:05 PM
I agree with pixel, the prophecy is supported by other than the word "walls".

But I also think the warfare has definitely also gone cyber as well (Stuxnet, hacking, etc.).

Jlutz
January 16th, 2012, 09:43 PM
the unwalled part is refering to the EZ 38 war. If Ps 83 and Is 17 happen first then that just might lull them into this false security. They could see their immediate enemys dead or no longer a threat and decide that nobody else would be foolish enough to attack them.

IamPJ
January 17th, 2012, 10:54 AM
the unwalled part is refering to the EZ 38 war. If Ps 83 and Is 17 happen first then that just might lull them into this false security. They could see their immediate enemys dead or no longer a threat and decide that nobody else would be foolish enough to attack them.

I agree....

Wally
January 17th, 2012, 05:09 PM
No,

but Israel may gain such confidence in their cyber shield (following a brief battle with Syria/Egypt) that they become lax and
vunerable to a cyber atttack that leaves them defenseless before Russia/Turkey/Persia....

and only God can rescue them.

carol1948
January 17th, 2012, 05:14 PM
I agree....

I agree the 'unwalled villages' is referring to EZ 38-39. However, I have wondered if the unwalled villages could be the tent cities that have been set up for the many, many Jews that are returning to Israel, and there are not yet enough apartments (hence the building of settlements) for them.

jackson64
January 17th, 2012, 05:22 PM
I agree the 'unwalled villages' is referring to EZ 38-39. However, I have wondered if the unwalled villages could be the tent cities that have been set up for the many, many Jews that are returning to Israel, and there are not yet enough apartments (hence the building of settlements) for them.

oF COURSE IT REFERS TO eZ 38 AND 39--THAT'S WHERE i TOOK THE BIBLE VERSE FROM. i MUST NOT HAVE EXPLAINED MY THINKING WELL...OOPS, sorry for the caps lock, the granddaughter loves to poke the keyboard when she's on my lap. Anyhow..the other parts about feeling secure and so forth could be because of the security walls and defence shield--once a cyber attack ( unwalled villages) and the attack of Ez38 and 39 could occur almost immediately after or simultaneously..this would certainly be, " an unsuspecting people" and people without walls...just a thought.

I certaintly don't think that there will be physical walls surrounding Israel--maybe they mean the fences/walls seperating Gaza, the Golan Heights, West Bank, Southern Lebanon?...anyhow, Israel I'm sure will be feeling a lot more secure if they take out Iran's nuke facilities..maybe then they will feel more at peace and unsuspecting?

Joseph The Carpenter
January 17th, 2012, 07:01 PM
The Psalm 83 war ending with Isaiah 17 will most likely leave ISRAEL a much larger country, but also much weaker having used up much of their weapons and loosing many people. I also see an Obama administration unwilling to resupply them.
The countries that surround ISRAEL that are mentioned in Psalm 83 are not mentioned in Ezekiel 38 and I just do not think the Palestinians would not join Persia and Russia in attack on ISRAEL.
I have always wondered why they are riding horses and not driving trucks in Ezekiel 38, could be computers are not working.:idunno

iSong6:3
January 17th, 2012, 07:09 PM
The Psalm 83 war ending with Isaiah 17 will most likely leave ISRAEL a much larger country, but also much weaker having used up much of their weapons and loosing many people. I also see an Obama administration unwilling to resupply them.
The countries that surround ISRAEL that are mentioned in Psalm 83 are not mentioned in Ezekiel 38 and I just do not think the Palestinians would not join Persia and Russia in attack on ISRAEL.
I have always wondered why they are riding horses and not driving trucks in Ezekiel 38, could be computers are not working.:idunno

:agree I know some don't take "horses" literally, but it says blood up to the bridle - of trucks? :shrug

Makes sense to me also that if Israel's enemies have so far been afraid of her vastly superior weaponry and military might, if the power is somehow cut off, they might take advantage of her small size against their vastly more numerous manpower in attempt to gain control of her "spoils". But :idunno for sure either.