PDA

View Full Version : So much bacon!

Pages : [1] 2 3

ThePenguin
February 1st, 2012, 12:23 AM
I have a small story to tell. People always say that college is about trying new things, right? Well, tonight I had my first death bagel. What is a death bagel? First you buy a pound of bacon and five bagels. You then cook the bacon and as you do you fry the bagels in the bacon grease (you don't have to do it all at once but they always make all of the bacon and bagels at once). Once all of the bacon is cooked and the bagels are fried you put some bacon and some mozzarella cheese on one of the bagels and voilą, you have a death bagel. It was so amazingly delicious and so horribly bad for me. :heh I'm pretty sure that I actually felt more unhealthy as a result of eating one. :hehee Don't worry, though; they don't make them too often.

Anyhoo, that's my story. Enjoy your wednesday! :hat

Jlutz
February 1st, 2012, 12:49 AM
I have a small story to tell. People always say that college is about trying new things, right? Well, tonight I had my first death bagel. What is a death bagel? First you buy a pound of bacon and five bagels. You then cook the bacon and as you do you fry the bagels in the bacon grease (you don't have to do it all at once but they always make all of the bacon and bagels at once). Once all of the bacon is cooked and the bagels are fried you put some bacon and some mozzarella cheese on one of the bagels and voilą, you have a death bagel. It was so amazingly delicious and so horribly bad for me. :heh I'm pretty sure that I actually felt more unhealthy as a result of eating one. :hehee Don't worry, though; they don't make them too often.

Anyhoo, that's my story. Enjoy your wednesday! :hat

Things you learn in college that are actually worth the tuition

Alex
February 1st, 2012, 06:46 AM
Thanks, I will be trying tonight :hug

Wally
February 1st, 2012, 06:58 AM
Now if I was doing the Ididarod, that would be an excellent meal.

Just reading it made my bp drop.... I need 5-20w oil not 40w.

outwest
February 1st, 2012, 08:55 AM
OK Boys, Everything is permissible"--but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"--but not everything is constructive. Ya'll sound like my nephews and my husband! They love their bacon.

Tall Timbers
February 1st, 2012, 09:22 AM
Penguin, that sounds like a nice healthy sandwich by my way of thinking. You've got grains. You've got meat, and you've got plenty of fat to help you store the energy we need during the extreme arctic winters that we face. I do have a question, is it optional to have the sandwich served with a cup of warm bacon grease to dip into while enjoying the scrumptious meal?

iSong6:3
February 1st, 2012, 09:35 AM
I just know I won't be able to get the vision of this fine delicacy out of my head all day. I bet it is delicious. :drool

RaptureReady_7
February 1st, 2012, 10:10 AM
And add a couple of fried eggs. And who eats all that without fried potatoes? :scratch And with all of that bacon, you have to make bacon gravy to pour over the entire thing, especially the fried potatoes.

Man! Now I am really hungry. Course, I did feel my arteries hardening as I thought of all that stuff.

Wally
February 1st, 2012, 10:44 AM
Somehow I picture this tree in heaven where you cut off a limb,
saw it into 1x8 planks,

then slice bacon grained strips off and deep fry them in fat free oil.

All the flavor, none of the cholesterol, salt, etc.

Bacon tree very pretty, Bacon tree taste like meat,

And the wood of the Bacon is delectible to eat.......

Hootmon
February 1st, 2012, 02:27 PM
death bagelHey! That's my Superhero name! :rant