PDA

View Full Version : Fading Memories

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

OnlyHIM!
June 29th, 2012, 01:32 PM
I want to throw something out there and see if anyone else is experience this. I dont know if it is related to the nearness of the Hour/separation from this world or just the fact that I am getting older. I am a very sentimental person and I enjoy looking back and pondering or day dreaming about some of the good memories I have had in my life. You know, like grandma house, or Christmas as a kid, family members no lnger with us, my favorite past times as a kid, stuff like that. Well lately, I have found it more and more dificult to get that fondness or sentimental emotional feeling when I remember those some things. Almost like I am becomming more and more impartial to it. I have not lost the memories, but more and more the sentimental feelings that go with it.

Anyone else experiencing this or sould I just stop wating time and send away for my AARP card now?

Verisimilitude
June 29th, 2012, 01:39 PM
I have an AARP card. Trust me, it won't help your memory. :lol2 I can go back through tons of memories, I've had the opportunity to travel to places most people only dream of, and for the most part, I think of it as nice, but I can't get sentimental about much anymore. It's like all that stuff belongs to someone else, and I'm just watching it like one watches a NatGeo show.

Oddly enough, there are two things in particular that I do get sentimental about, walking through the Arabella Pass where the Savior walked to travel from Nazareth on His way to Capernaum, and my baptism in the Jordan. I've wondered if our feelings and sentiments for this world are being supernaturally decreased, so that when we are raptured up, we have no temptation to look back.

OnlyHIM!
June 29th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I've wondered if our feelings and sentiments for this world are being supernaturally decreased, so that when we are raptured up, we have no temptation to look back.

Precisely, I think this is what is really going on. Thanks for the info on the AARP card. Now, where did I leave my glasses....

pixelpusher
June 29th, 2012, 02:15 PM
All I can say is that I am most definitely experiencing a growing sense of "separation". What does it mean, I don't know. We don't walk by sight, or "feelings", but I sure hope it means it's about time to go home. I used to didn't feel this way, I'm still relatively young at 44, and have a 15 yo and a 5 yo, and things are wonderful with my wife, and life is not exactly hard. We are "healthy and happy", so there's not a real good explanation for being so ready to get out of here. I just feel like it's time to go, and I'm ready to go. I'm not looking forward to much more on this Earth for the time being. I am however looking very forward to the Millennial Kingdom, and seeing what Jesus has for me to do then.

grace-saved
June 29th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Precisely, I think this is what is really going on. Thanks for the info on the AARP card. Now, where did I leave my glasses....

If you're like me, those glasses are on your head... :glasses
I can identify with your OP. Just last night (100% truth here) I was asking God why my feelings seem to be turned off. I mean things and memories that have always given me warm fuzzies before, no longer seem to matter very much. (And I am a Mom, wife, grandma who saves all kinds of little mementos..) I still love my family and childhood, don't get me wrong, but those memories and thoughts no longer seem to matter. I asked Him if he could help me understand why I feel a certain numbness or dis-connect from all those things. I can certainly still feel anger and impatience (unfortunately), but the sentimental feelings for memories and even keepsakes of my parents and kids baby-days are not even a little important now...:shrug

mbrown1219
June 29th, 2012, 02:40 PM
I've pretty much let it all "go." I am assured that anything of value to me is waiting for me in heaven at this point. He is coming for us. I can actually feel it in my bones these days! And THAT is what has all my attention! Kinda like a nesting syndrome when one is about to deliver a baby.... I remember those days, for sure. They pale in comparison to the anticipation of the Lord's sure return SOON. Even so, come Lord Jesus!

pixelpusher
June 29th, 2012, 02:59 PM
I can actually feel it in my bones these days!

It's almost like when you are praying, and you don't have the words, and the Spirit "groans" within you.

tbrian40
June 29th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Every day is a spiritual attack for me. I sin 20 times a day--seems like constantly I am confessing and moving on. I am 40 and I have been to San Diego, Sicily, NYC, Virginia, North and South Carolina, Tennessee, and now Alabama (forgot about Florida). Every day now is just one big attack after another--I don't have time to reminisce but I just might this weekend. Thank you. :hat

mbrown1219
June 29th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Every day is a spiritual attack for me. I sin 20 times a day--seems like constantly I am confessing and moving on. I am 40 and I have been to San Diego, Sicily, NYC, Virginia, North and South Carolina, Tennessee, and now Alabama (forgot about Florida). Every day now is just one big attack after another--I don't have time to reminisce but I just might this weekend. Thank you. :hat

http://www.raptureready.com/featured/graham/g237.html You are in good company, Brian.

Eleora
June 29th, 2012, 04:14 PM
All I can say is that I am most definitely experiencing a growing sense of "separation". What does it mean, I don't know. We don't walk by sight, or "feelings", but I sure hope it means it's about time to go home. I used to didn't feel this way, I'm still relatively young at 44, and have a 15 yo and a 5 yo, and things are wonderful with my wife, and life is not exactly hard. We are "healthy and happy", so there's not a real good explanation for being so ready to get out of here. I just feel like it's time to go, and I'm ready to go. I'm not looking forward to much more on this Earth for the time being. I am however looking very forward to the Millennial Kingdom, and seeing what Jesus has for me to do then.

I second this. I have a great job, family, etc... I'm extremely blessed. But, this world has lost its glitter. The darkness seems to be increasing exponentially and it stings the soul. I don't want to be here. I want to go home. This isn't suicidal. It's just that I know that this world is rotting and we have an unimaginable eternity ahead of us. **sigh** I just want to be with my creator. He is our only shelter and the only One who can satisfy our souls.