PDA

View Full Version : are people in hell naked?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

lancelim
July 29th, 2012, 09:09 AM
curious question! no need to ask about clothes in heaven because it is clear there are white robes? are people's clothes in heaven almost the same? arent there are varieties like in earth? no malice here. im asking about people's status in hell because i just saw a painting about hell and purgatory are they accurate?

organgrinder
July 29th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Well, I don't personally know but...I don't think it matters. My guess is that the torment will likely be such that people won't be concerned about who is or isn't wearing clothing.

God bless.

-Speedy

mbrown1219
July 29th, 2012, 09:31 AM
curious question! no need to ask about clothes in heaven because it is clear there are white robes? are people's clothes in heaven almost the same? arent there are varieties like in earth? no malice here. im asking about people's status in hell because i just saw a painting about hell and purgatory are they accurate?

I think the only way to know if people are naked in hell is to go there. You don't want to do that, do you? If they are naked, what difference would that make except to add to the humiliation and pain of hell? My best guess is that in hell people are wearing eternal fireproof robes on their eternal unconsumed by the fire bodies.

:faint

And white robes in heaven are all that's needed. They never wear out, never get dirty (and are so brilliantly white they reflect light like a rainbow I'll bet.) Who could ask for anything more? But we will know for sure when we get there. We may have a whole wardrobe of heavenly clothes. Whatever we have, it will be perfect.

Come Lord Jesus. We are anxiously waiting for You!

:horn

:rapture:rapture:rapture:rapture:rapture:rapture:r apture:rapture:rapture:rapture

LoudRam
July 29th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I don't know about the clothes but if I had to guess, I'd say no clothes. However I'm willing to bet that the painting you saw is nowhere near accurate. Hell is worse than any human can imagine. Our minds can't comprehend the beauty of Heaven the same way we can't comprehend the horror of Hell. Hell is called a lake of fire. Think about what it's like to jump into a lake or pool. You feel the water all around you, cooling you off and refreshing you. Now imagine that same experience of jumping into a lake but this time it's all fire and it burns. Think about the pain and the smell of burnt flesh, it never ends. And that description doesn't come close to doing the torment justice. Remember Hell was not designed for people. It's there to punish the fallen angles. I'm amazed that people still think that Satan has a throne in Hell and is ruling it like it's his kingdom. Nothing could be further from the truth.

In writing that and thinking about that I am so thankful for His grace and His Son that saved me from that torture.

PlentyGroovy
July 29th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Good description. :sad

Hootmon
July 29th, 2012, 11:05 AM
i just saw a painting about hell and purgatory are they accurate?Unlikely.

I dont know which painting you are referring to, but one clue is that Satan/demons are NOT 'in charge of Hell'. The Lake of Fire was created for their punishment.

RaptureReady_7
July 29th, 2012, 12:24 PM

And just to be even more clear. There is no such thing as purgatory, at all. That is something the Catholic Church made up to enrich the money coffers. it is an evil teaching and has no place here on this board.

lancelim
July 29th, 2012, 12:30 PM
And just to be even more clear. There is no such thing as purgatory, at all. That is something the Catholic Church made up to enrich the money coffers. it is an evil teaching and has no place here on this board.

purgatory denies that grace alone is to be saved and catholic does that believing they have a part to complete salvation a sense of pride? they totally twisted the verses believing they can save themselves.... i tell you one thing! if you grow up in a religion believed by your parents its fairly difficult to get out of it. my case, its just im lucky to do it early into the well assured promise of our Lord Jesus Christ for he removes all burden enveloping sinners.

Tall Timbers
July 29th, 2012, 12:51 PM
I hope my white robe has lots of pockets. Don't know if I'll need pockets... but I like having them just in case.

Raphael
July 29th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Of course you will need pockets. Where else are you going to carry your monogrammed RR pendants, patches, and rings when leaving Raphael's Restaurant and Souvenir Shop?