PDA

View Full Version : Having such a hard time

Pages : [1] 2

KissyLoves
August 2nd, 2012, 09:41 PM
It's hard to find face-to-face individuals to relate to anymore. Whether it's family, friends or even acquaintances seems like most everyone I see doesn't have the same Biblical views that I do or they try very hard to ignore the Truth found in God's Word. It's just so hard sometimes.

Do you ever feel like you didn't stand up or defend God or God's Word enough, and it was only because you were so shocked by the level of hatred toward God or sheer ignorance of His Word and you were just so caught off guard that you couldn't say anything, but your mind started quoting Bible verses and you nearly checked out of the conversation?

That has happened to me about 10 times so far this week. I don't know if it's because of the ratchted up events in prophecy but I have really been putting my beliefs out there recently. Some of you know me on FB and somedays it really feels like you are the only ones I can understand--from the articles you post to the scripture or prayer requests you post - you are my family. Sometimes my own family seems foreign. I get crazy looks sometimes in public. But I really don't care about any of that. I really feel like it's helping me keep the riff-raff and negativity out of my life.

Last night we went to visit my long-lost brother and his family. I vaguely knew them from when my oldest brother died 9 years ago. It was a messy situation when my parents split when I was two, so anyway fast forward several years and here we are - meeting up with family we've never really known and trying to plant a seed where-ever we can. My brother's wife called the Bible 'some book' and she would not 'let some book tell me how to live.' I was stunned. I literally bit my lip and said, "Hmmmmm." It's bothered me that I didn't say anything else, but I felt like it would have caused a scene and I really didn't want other possible non-believers there to see/hear that - I told myself I was taking the high-road and the next time I'll make sure we are alone and I can plant some more seeds. When she said that she'd find me on Facebook I told her that she might not want to be my friend on FB because I am ultra conservative.

Is it just me or have others been in situations where you are stunned by what non-believers say and believe?

Thanks for listening. :hug

Acts5:41
August 2nd, 2012, 09:50 PM
Ah. No. I'm not shocked.

I guess you could say it is due to severe mental and some physical abuse by "Good Christians". One of them was a deacon. The other did counseling with "girls in trouble".

After my Bible was stolen and ripped up in front of me, I guess nothing else can shock me. And that was a family member. I managed to "save" it, the Bible portion is intact, but it is hanging out of the cover and the whole concordance and all my notes ripped out. This happened before my marriage, and when I realized I could trust my future husband, the first thing I did was give him my Bible for safekeeping.

The world hates Him with a passionate fury. We who love Jesus can be taken aback by that.

Matthew 16:26
For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

Mark 8:36
For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? (both verses NKJV)

We're called to preach the Gospel, many times.

I guess my only advice; as much as you love Jesus, remember the devil hates Him just as much. The World hates God, hates the Bible (I sure saw that!) and hates His servants - us. Anticipate it, plan for it.

God is always happy to guide us, and I never approach any opportunity without asking Him for guidance.

Maxine
August 2nd, 2012, 10:05 PM
It does happen, and I feel the same wherein I feel terrible that I didn't defend my Christian views or God...but as you said you are so stunned by what some people say, it's like you completely freeze. In my case, I am not a strong debater, so I try not to get myself in those situations, because I could make things worse by having a "weak" argurement. (and I don't mean God is weak, I mean me..I can't think fast on my feet, and when I try I tend to say things wrong or not in the way I wanted to).

I've learnt, from such situations, that until I am stronger, to just plant my seeds silently and gently with alot of prayer. It does make me feel as though I am not doing enough though. :(

It sure makes me sad though, some of the reactions people have.

steveo
August 3rd, 2012, 03:58 PM
Kind of the same thing happened to me with an old friend
on facebook to me. He really threw me off, because he was
very well versed in the bible. He truly thought Jesus was a
joke. I didn't argue with him, I did copy and paste an article
from this site to at least give him something to
Think about. Somtimes I feel to each his own, if you are
presented with the truth and only want to mock it, then
have it buddy, good luck. Is this bad?

Bubbeto5
August 3rd, 2012, 05:24 PM
Kind of the same thing happened to me with an old friend
on facebook to me. He really threw me off, because he was
very well versed in the bible. He truly thought Jesus was a
joke. I didn't argue with him, I did copy and paste an article
from this site to at least give him something to
Think about. Somtimes I feel to each his own, if you are
presented with the truth and only want to mock it, then
have it buddy, good luck. Is this bad?

Steveo,
There are two verses that come to mind. One is -John 6:44 - no one comes to the Father but the Father draws them. The other is Mark 6: 10-11 and about shaking the dust off your feet. What else can a person do? We are to be witnesses for Christ, but the redemptive work is totally the Holy Spirit. We can talk, talk, talk, show them scriptures and that's a good thing and many are saved, but that is still by the Holy Spirit.

Praying is the only option we have sometimes, or just being a "light" so men see Christ in you (don't hide it under a bush). Showing love and kindness draws many people in. I also have trouble with people who seem to be so hard headed and it grieves me no end. And it's more frustrating when they are family or friends because you know what is at stake. Since the rapture is so close I want all to come, but that's not going to happen. People will either be totally lost, or saved under much duress. Like I said earlier-pray! Someone else will, no doubt, come and water the seeds you've planted. I think pride, in an individual, is the most difficult thing to deal with.

It's hard to find face-to-face individuals to relate to anymore. Whether it's family, friends or even acquaintances seems like most everyone I see doesn't have the same Biblical views that I do or they try very hard to ignore the Truth found in God's Word. It's just so hard sometimes.

Do you ever feel like you didn't stand up or defend God or God's Word enough, and it was only because you were so shocked by the level of hatred toward God or sheer ignorance of His Word and you were just so caught off guard that you couldn't say anything, but your mind started quoting Bible verses and you nearly checked out of the conversation?"

KissyLoves

My favorite motto is: "A day late and a dollar short". Seems I'm always missing the mark when it comes to being an effective witness. (just really praying the 'day Late' isn't true of the rapture for me!) Honestly, I find the Holy Spirit stops that witnessing. Now this is only my opinion-but we may be stopped by the HS before we are caught up in an argument which won't edify Christ. I, for one, out of frustration that someone isn't understanding or believing me, wants to cry. And HE knows I won't win souls that way for sure. Sometime you may surprise yourself. The Lord will put the right thing on your lips at the right time-but it will be His time.

It doesn't mean we stop our witnessing-we do need to be bold, but I think we have to do it with pray and the leading of the Holy Spirit. I even try to talked to my saved kids, and they won't listen or something interupts us and the whole conversation goes out the window. It's usually about Harry Potter or when I'm trying to tell them of current events. My "enemy" knows my weaknesses, but the Lord will work in their spirit and the spirits of the unsaved...Praying in Christ Jesus for those who need Him-praying they will place Him in their hearts before we are called home.:hug

Snoopynstorm
August 3rd, 2012, 06:24 PM
It does happen, and I feel the same wherein I feel terrible that I didn't defend my Christian views or God...but as you said you are so stunned by what some people say, it's like you completely freeze. In my case, I am not a strong debater, so I try not to get myself in those situations, because I could make things worse by having a "weak" argurement. (and I don't mean God is weak, I mean me..I can't think fast on my feet, and when I try I tend to say things wrong or not in the way I wanted to).

I've learnt, from such situations, that until I am stronger, to just plant my seeds silently and gently with alot of prayer. It does make me feel as though I am not doing enough though. :(

It sure makes me sad though, some of the reactions people have.
Same here. I'm not good at "debating". If I say something I'm probably just going to make things worse. Problem with me is if I start talking I can't just stop. My brain says stop but my mouth doesn't listen. That happens when I get on topics I'm passionate about.

Steveo,
There are two verses that come to mind. One is -John 6:44 - no one comes to the Father but the Father draws them. The other is Mark 6: 10-11 and about shaking the dust off your feet. What else can a person do? We are to be witnesses for Christ, but the redemptive work is totally the Holy Spirit. We can talk, talk, talk, show them scriptures and that's a good thing and many are saved, but that is still by the Holy Spirit.

Praying is the only option we have sometimes, or just being a "light" so men see Christ in you (don't hide it under a bush). Showing love and kindness draws many people in. I also have trouble with people who seem to be so hard headed and it grieves me no end. And it's more frustrating when they are family or friends because you know what is at stake. Since the rapture is so close I want all to come, but that's not going to happen. People will either be totally lost, or saved under much duress. Like I said earlier-pray! Someone else will, no doubt, come and water the seeds you've planted. I think pride, in an individual, is the most difficult thing to deal with.

The best thing to do is pray the Father draws them towards Jesus. That is so true! :thumb Prayer seems like the best thing...Yes, it grieves me deeply too when peoples' hearts are so hardened. Why today dad,mom and my uncle were talking. Mom said how there's people who believe Jesus is God and how ridiculous that is. My uncle said how Jesus isn't God... My dad didn't talk "as much" about it...I just mainly remember him saying how God is almighty. "sighs: They need Jesus so much...Satan needs to get his grubby claws off of them! :explode:ohno Please Jesus send him away,running for the hills and that our family/friends will finally be set free! He needs to run like the coward he really is. :runaway Lord Jesus give us strength. You know what I'm really getting sick and tired of his garbage...Jesus hold me for inside I'm :rant right now...

We need to be a light for Him in this dark world. :candle

mbrown1219
August 3rd, 2012, 07:00 PM
Without ignoring it when people violently disagree with something I've said about God or Jesus or Rapture or they mock, etc., I just say that "God gives us all free will to believe as we choose. I choose to believe in God. You are free to choose not to."

:shocked:pray:candle

onehappymeg
August 3rd, 2012, 08:09 PM
Without ignoring it when people violently disagree with something I've said about God or Jesus or Rapture or they mock, etc., I just say that "God gives us all free will to believe as we choose. I choose to believe in God. You are free to choose not to."

:shocked:pray:candle

:goodscore

Amen to that. I feel like we're to witness, but up to a point. We're not supposed to throw our pearls before swine, in a sense. If someone is truly interested and seeking, I'll converse all day. If they automatically shut down, I stick with passive Jesus references without pushing anything. That way they're still getting hit with some light without being able to accuse me of being "pushy."

Always let your light shine; sometimes that is just by being gracious and a good example. There are times to speak, and times to wait patiently for an opportunity.

IMSAVED
August 3rd, 2012, 08:24 PM
I am finding that people actually see me as an enemy because I am a Christian.That does not surprise me because you are either a follower of God or a follower of Satan.No inbetween.I ask God every morning to help me be kind and patient to those who would like to see me stumble and fall.That is sooooo hard.:sadNaturally as a human we are want to just bash those who are so unkind to and want to hurt us because they see us as their enemy.Their are some people that tell me that they are a Christian and after observing and talking with them for a little while I go:scratch What the heck.I put all of this in God's hands.He is the ultimate Judge.Alot of my co-workers stick up their noses at me because they know what I believe in.Some of their conversations make me go:shocked.I am so very thankful that God has opened my heart to Him.He is so awesome.And I am grateful that I will spend an eternity with Him.I love you Jesus.:hug

Meier
August 3rd, 2012, 09:20 PM
You did your job by planting the seed of truth! Great job! :yeah