PDA

View Full Version : Cutting through sheep's clothing

lancelim
August 4th, 2012, 01:48 PM
hello guys, i hope you dont misunderstood me as a vindicative person but i encountered one person claiming to be christian. we commented each other on facebook about reproductive health bill back in the philippines. he first said the world is going fine whats the fuss? i replied to him that of all the end time related events everything is not ok. reminded me of the titanic elite passengers, he told sin is already here to why blame sin. i replied to him that trust jesus alone for together we will overcome sin. unfortunately his reply was not a pleasant one emphasizing our own destiny, our own way clearly a corporate motivational speaker derivative. he also told me that instead what God has planned towards us, instead we should plan for ourselves. is sin the one to be blame? i replied to him that not to deny sin ruined everything and the need for jesus for he forgives and completes our faith starting the destruction of sin in calvary. he eventually bared his fangs telling me stop using the name of christ. i asked him where did he got his here and now doctrine and stop blaming the terror of sin, as usual after i "preached" a little he gave up seemingly in shaking head that the conversation is no where to go. he started the argument that the world is going fine so i simply told him the truth for my conscience to be eased. he simply told me out of topic....

mbrown1219
August 4th, 2012, 02:18 PM
In today's world, it is mostly wolves in sheep's clothing.

Then there is an occasional sheep in wolves' clothing just to throw you off! :pound

IMSAVED
August 4th, 2012, 02:21 PM
In today's world, it is mostly wolves in sheep's clothing.

Then there is an occasional sheep in wolves' clothing just to throw you off! :pound

Oh you are so bad.:lol2:fishslap

JPE
August 4th, 2012, 06:14 PM
I have also met many people who claimed to be followers of Christ, but whose conversation made it very clear that their hearts were actually far from Him. Don't be surprised by that. Jesus said it would be the case in the parable of the tares in Matthew 13:24-30.

It was for your friend's good that your conversation went the way it did. You just might be the one that our Lord put in your friend's path, in answer to a loved one's prayer that he might feel true conviction of sin, sincerely repent and find true salvation. Keep up the good work shining your light and spreading salt to cause others to thirst for Living Water. :hug

lancelim
August 4th, 2012, 09:17 PM
I have also met many people who claimed to be followers of Christ, but whose conversation made it very clear that their hearts were actually far from Him. Don't be surprised by that. Jesus said it would be the case in the parable of the tares in Matthew 13:24-30.

It was for your friend's good that your conversation went the way it did. You just might be the one that our Lord put in your friend's path, in answer to a loved one's prayer that he might feel true conviction of sin, sincerely repent and find true salvation. Keep up the good work shining your light and spreading salt to cause others to thirst for Living Water. :hug

seemingly singpore educated intellectual but became so easily predictable when told about jesus christ for example i refered Living One as jesus christ, claiming to be a christian, he replied to me that he is the living one controller of his own destiny, irked off i asked him whether he was bombarded by motivational speakers while working and he simply accused me of using christ in vain. in frustration, i told him to go to a different but biblical church. i dont want to say this but within christendom there is a civil war.

antitox
August 5th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Well, it's obvious the guy definitely isn't a Christian. Actually, if he tells you to stop using the name of Christ doesn't that sound a bit anti-Chtist?

EazyMack
August 6th, 2012, 04:13 AM
All you can do is keep on loving, for the glory of Christ.

lancelim
August 6th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Well, it's obvious the guy definitely isn't a Christian. Actually, if he tells you to stop using the name of Christ doesn't that sound a bit anti-Chtist?

we are both educated in christian schools. in fact i assume he is a christian. his first comment about moral decay is that the world is still as beautiful isnt it. what ticked him is that i discussed with him chain of depressing events, end times and jesus christ is needed for redemption of sin "here and now" and the future. the next is that one friend of mine told me that we have same view but the guy insisted that debates are present because our views are radically diff i discussed with him bout sin even more until he gave up. i blocked his account due believing that there are such things as a christian spammer.

JPE
August 7th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Lance, you know that only Jesus can transform a man's heart, Christian schools can't do that.

I did not see anything wrong with abortion when I was a new Christian until a Christian friend pointed out relevant scripture and facts about the developing baby that I hadn't considered before.

2 Timothy 2:24 says that we must not quarrel, but be kind, able to teach, and not resentful.

We're to tell the truth in love. Be careful not to be contentious. Just a reminder.