PDA

View Full Version : Babylon News Bites (rebuilding of Babylon)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

ATYCLB
February 16th, 2009, 12:02 AM
U.S. To Help Rebuild City of Babylon in Iraq
Joel Rosenberg
2-15-09
http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/2009/02/14/us-to-help-rebuild-city-of-babylon-in-iraq/

Largely overlooked by the Western news media over the past few weeks was an enormously significant story. The government of Iraq is moving forward with plans to protect the archaeological remains of the ancient City of Babylon, in preparation for building a modern city of Babylon. The project, originally started by the late Saddam Hussein, is aimed eventually at attracting scores of “cultural tourists” from all over the world to see the glories of Mesopotamia’s most famous city. What’s more, the Obama Administration is contributing $700,000 towards “The Future of Babylon Project,” through the State Department’s budget.

“Officials hope Babylon can be revived and made ready for a rich future of tourism, with help from experts at the World Monuments Fund (WMF) and the U.S. embassy,” reports the Reuters news agency. “‘The Future of Babylon’ project launched last month seeks to ‘map the current conditions of Babylon and develop a master plan for its conservation, study and tourism,’ the WMF says. ‘We don’t know how long it will take to reopen to tourists,’ said Mariam Omran Musa, head of a government inspection team based at the site. ‘It depends on funds. I hope that Babylon can be reborn in a better image.’”

More . . . (http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/2009/02/14/us-to-help-rebuild-city-of-babylon-in-iraq/)

HisAlways
February 16th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Oh wow.....oh wow.

I read this was going to happen in a few non-fiction prophecy books. One had a chapter on how quickly Babylon could be rebuilt with today's modern capabilities. I read it a few years ago, when Iraq was still pretty much a mess. Joel Rosenberg wrote in Epicenter that Iraq would get turned around.....it had to because we are told in the Bible that Babylon will flourish in the last days.

Amazing !!

Sorry....didn't realize this was from Joel's blog. VERY COOL !! We're going home soon !!

Sari
February 18th, 2009, 12:06 PM
U.S. To Help Rebuild City Of Babylon In Iraq

Largely overlooked by the Western news media over the past few weeks was an enormously significant story. The government of Iraq is moving forward with plans to protect the archaeological remains of the ancient City of Babylon, in preparation for building a modern city of Babylon. The project, originally started by the late Saddam Hussein, is aimed eventually at attracting scores of "cultural tourists" from all over the world to see the glories of Mesopotamia's most famous city. What's more, the Obama Administration is contributing $700,000 towards "The Future of Babylon Project," through the State Department's budget.

"Officials hope Babylon can be revived and made ready for a rich future of tourism, with help from experts at the World Monuments Fund (WMF) and the U.S. embassy," reports the Reuters news agency. "'The Future of Babylon' project launched last month seeks to 'map the current conditions of Babylon and develop a master plan for its conservation, study and tourism,' the WMF says. 'We don't know how long it will take to reopen to tourists,' said Mariam Omran Musa, head of a government inspection team based at the site. 'It depends on funds. I hope that Babylon can be reborn in a better image.....

Link: http://www.worldviewtimes.com/article.php/articleid-4613/Brannon-Howse/Joel-Rosenberg

WickIsTrimmed
February 18th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Good Article, Sari. Unless I go digging on the net, posts here are about the only time I ever hear about the status of Babylon.

Funny, the worlds fascination with Babylon, eh?:rolleyes (sarcasm)

I don't know where I heard this but it's been said that "even the Devil knows scripture" Hmmmmmmm:panic

Cherished
February 18th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Good Article, Sari. Unless I go digging on the net, posts here are about the only time I ever hear about the status of Babylon.

Funny, the worlds fascination with Babylon, eh?:rolleyes (sarcasm)

I don't know where I heard this but it's been said that "even the Devil knows scripture" Hmmmmmmm:panic

The proof that the devil knows scripture is in the story of Jesus' temptation in the wilderness. Satan quoted scripture.

Matthew 4:5-7 (King James Version)

5Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,

6And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

7Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Then there is this on the demons

James 2:19 (King James Version)

19Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

lisaann
February 18th, 2009, 12:46 PM
:thinking Lemmie get this straight. Our country is going to heck in a handbasket because of the economy BUT we are helping rebuild a muslim city on the other side of the world?

:hehee:furious:explode

WickIsTrimmed
February 18th, 2009, 12:46 PM
:thumb Thank you , Cherished!

EndIsNear
February 18th, 2009, 12:48 PM
:thinking Lemmie get this straight. Our country is going to heck in a handbasket because of the economy BUT we are helping rebuild a muslim city on the other side of the world?

The logic is simply so overwhelmingly stupid that it circles around and becomes brilliant. :hehee

Rmf3175
February 18th, 2009, 12:49 PM

Yup. :tsk

Then again for believers this is a good thing.

Cherished
February 18th, 2009, 12:51 PM
:thumb Thank you , Cherished!

:hug