PDA

View Full Version : Can we please discuss? 7 Universal laws - Sanhedrin/Gentiles (*Note punishment)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Believer in miracles
January 6th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Basic Law: Knesset

http://www.knesset.gov.il/laws/speci...basic2_eng.htm

Jerusalem

http://www.knesset.gov.il/laws/speci...asic10_eng.htm

Believer in miracles
January 6th, 2008, 11:03 AM
I came across in a book given me in a very strange way that in 1992 and in it, it made mention that Israel made a Jeruslem Covenant signed by their leaders and sent it around the world for a year to be signed by Jewish leaders globally. It arrived back in Israel in 1993. I couldn't find it until we got the computer...in 1997.

Here it is below...after reading it I thought WOW!...COULD this be it, the Daniel 9:27 covenant and wrote notes as to why I thought it a possibility. If you click on the link you can see some of the signatures.

http://christianactionforisrael.org/covenant.html

As of this day, Jerusalem Day, the twenty-eight day of the month of Iyar in the year five thousand seven hundred fifty-two; one thousand nine hundred and twenty-two years after the destruction of the Second Temple; forty-four years since the founding of the State of Israel; twenty-five years since the Six Day War during which the Israel Defense Forces, in defense of our very existence, broke through the walls of the city and restored the Temple Mount and the unity of Jerusalem; twelve years since the Knesset of Israel reestablished the 'Jerusalem, unified and whole, is the Capital of Israel'; the State of Israel is the State of the 'Jewish People' and the Capital of Israel is the Capital of the People of Israel. We have gathered together in Zion, national leaders and heads, of our communities everywhere, to enter into a covenant with Jersualem, as was done by the leaders of our nation and all the people of Israel upon Israel's return to its Land from the "Babylonian exile; and the people and their leaders will dwell in Jerusalem, the Holy City.

Once again, 'our feet stand within your gates, O Jerusalem - Jerusalem built as a city joined together' which 'unites the people of Israel to one another', and 'links heavenly Jerusalem with earthly Jerusalem.'

We have returned to the place that the Lord vowed to bestow upon the descendants of Abraham, Father of our Nation; to the City of David, King of Israel; where Solomon, son of David, built a Holy Temple; a Capital City which became the Mother of all Israel; a metropolis for justice and righteousness and for the wisdom and insights of the ancient world; where a Second Temple was erected in the days of Ezra and Nehemiah. In this city the prophets of the Lord prophesied; in the City the Sages taught Torah; in this City the Sanhedrin convened in session in its stone chamber. 'For there were the seats of Justice, the Throne of the House of David', 'for out of Zion shall go forth Torah, and the Word of the Lord from Jerusalem.'

Today, as of old, we hold fast to the truth of the words of the Prophets of Israel, that all the inhabitants of the world shall enter within the gates of Jerusalem: 'And it shall come to pass at the end of days, the mountain of the House of the Lord will be well established at the peak of the mountains and will tower above the hills, and all the nation shall stream towards it.' Each and every nation will live in it by its own faith: 'For all the nation will go forward, each with its own Divine Name; we shall go in the name of the Lord our God forever and ever.' And in this spirit the Knesset of the State of Israel has enacted a law: The places holy to the peoples of all religions shall be protected from any desecration and from any restriction of free access to them.

***Note the above is found in Isaiah 2:2,3 and Micah 4:1,2 but reads we will go up and worship the God of Jacob......not everybody in their own Divine name!! Reading through this covenant there is much to think about.........such as, this would open the door for all religions to worship there/it also made me think of the Sanhedrin/Noahides law going out from Jeruslem)

Jerusalem - peace and tranquility shall reign in the city: 'Pray for the peace of Jerusalem; may those who love you be tranquil. May there by peace within your walls, and tranquility within your palaces.' Out of Jerusalem, a message of peace went forth and shall yet go forth again to all the inhabitants of the earth: 'And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning-hooks; nation will not lift up sword against nation, nor shall they learn war any more.' Our sages, peace be upon them, said. In the future, The Holy One, the Blessed, will comfort Jerusalem only with peace.

From this place, we once again take this vow: "If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, may my right hand lose its strength; may my tongue cleave to my palate if I do not remember you, if I do not raise up Jerusalem at the very height of my rejoicing.'

And with all these understandings, we enter into this Covenant and write: We shall bind you to us forever; we shall bind you to us with faithfulness, with righteousness and justice, with steadfast love and compassion. We love you, O Jerusalem, with eternal love, with unbounded love, under siege and when liberated from the yoke of oppressors. We have been martyred for you; we have yearned for you, we have clung to you. Our faithfulness to you we shall bequeath to our children after us. Forevermore our home shall be within you.

Believer in miracles
January 6th, 2008, 11:10 AM
From my previous notes

Zechariah 1:14 reads,

14So the angel that communed with me said unto me, Cry thou, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; I am jealous for Jerusalem and for Zion with a great jealousy.

Zechariah 12:2,3,9 reads,

2Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.

3And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

9And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Daniel 9:27

27And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate

Isn't it interesting that the Jewish nation happens to have a "Jerusalem Covenant" signed by the world's Jewish leaders (many), saying that they will bind Jerusalem to them forever and that their home shall be within her forevermore, (Clause VII) at just such a time that Jerusalem is to be negotiated over in the immediate future and no one seems to know about it or be concerned about its potential significance.

Does this Covenant meet the criteria to be the Daniel 9:27 covenant?

I believe it does, for the following reasons........

Firstly, and most significantly, it is "a covenant"; it is "signed by many"; and it has come into existence just at a time when Jerusalem is to be negotiated over in the present peace negotiations.

continuing typing brb...next post

Believer in miracles
January 6th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Continuing............

Lexie
January 6th, 2008, 11:28 AM
From my previous notes..will take a few minutes going back and forth

Zechariah 1:14 reads,

14So the angel that communed with me said unto me, Cry thou, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; I am jealous for Jerusalem and for Zion with a great jealousy.

Zechariah 12:2,3,9 reads,

2Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.

3And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

9And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Daniel 9:27

27And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate

Isn't it interesting that the Jewish nation happens to have a "Jerusalem Covenant" signed by the world's Jewish leaders (many), saying that they will bind Jerusalem to them forever and that their home shall be within her forevermore, (Clause VII) at just such a time that Jerusalem is to be negotiated over in the immediate future and no one seems to know about it or be concerned about its potential significance.

Does this Covenant meet the criteria to be the Daniel 9:27 covenant?

I believe it does, for the following reasons........

Firstly, and most significantly, it is "a covenant"; it is "signed by many"; and it has come into existence just at a time when Jerusalem is to be negotiated over in the present peace negotiations.

continuing typing brb...next post

Are you trying to say the Jew's are the "many" surrounding nations God is going to destroy?

:faint

Believer in miracles
January 6th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Are you trying to say the Jew's are the "many" surrounding nations God is going to destroy?

no!

Believer in miracles
January 6th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Clause IV caught my attention see verses below

Today, as of old, we hold fast to the truth of the words of the Prophets of Israel, that all the inhabitants of the world shall enter within the gates of Jerusalem: 'And it shall come to pass at the end of days, the mountain of the House of the Lord will be well established at the peak of the mountains and will tower above the hills, and all the nation shall stream towards it.' Each and every nation will live in it by its own faith: 'For all the nation will go forward, each with its own Divine Name; we shall go in the name of the Lord our God forever and ever.' And in this spirit the Knesset of the State of Israel has enacted a law: The places holy to the peoples of all religions shall be protected from any desecration and from any restriction of free access to them.

Isaiah 2;2,3 and Micah 4:1,2 read exactly the same so I will only include verses from Isaiah

2And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

***Note: the Covenant reads the same as Isaiah/Micah in the first part....but then note the difference in the second part.

3And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

Zechariah 14:9
9And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Re: the above, I had to wonder if Israel was to confirm (strengthen) a covenant such as this with a world leader (AC) allowing all religions to worship come and live by their own faith and go forward in their own Divine name would it provoke God to jealousy for Jerusalem and Zion (Zech. 1:14) (Zech. 14:9)

Could confirming such a covenant as this provoke God to bring on the time of Jacob's trouble, the tribulation period?

Believer in miracles
January 6th, 2008, 12:09 PM
In Daniel 5:28 we find the word PERES which means the kingdom is divided.

Interestingly Israel has a leader born in Poland by a different name but.....changed his name to Peres.

In 1994 he made an offer to divide Israel under Rabin's administration, but Rabin got assassinated before it could come to fruition. Peres offered a deal to the Vatican. He is still in power, as President and it is within his duties as President to sign treaties. Just interesting trivia! Also, he has called the world to Jerusalem for Israel's 60th Anniversay in May. It was in May 1992 for Jerusalem Day this covenanat was made!

Seeing this covenant would allow the world to live in Jerusalem by their own faith and go forth in their own divine name I wondered would it too allow Israel to have their Temple?????.thjus, creting a short-lived (false, deceptive) peace.

To me this Covenant seems it could be a fit...

1) It is a Covenant

2) It is about Jerusalem

3) It is spiritual in nature, while at the same time falls under Israeli law

4) It has been confirmed, signed by many (Jews)...could the AC confirm it (Dan 9:27)

5) It has come into existence at such a time as this with talk of a Temple/they made a covenant to in Ezra and Nehemiah's day re: the Temple

From the Covenant....Paragraph 3

We have returned to the place that the Lord vowed to bestow upon the descendants of Abraham, Father of our Nation; to the City of David, King of Israel; where Solomon, son of David, built a Holy Temple; a Capital City which became the Mother of all Israel; a metropolis for justice and righteousness and for the wisdom and insights of the ancient world; where a Second Temple was erected in the days of Ezra and Nehemiah. In this city the prophets of the Lord prophesied; in the City the Sages taught Torah; in this City the Sanhedrin convened in session in its stone chamber. 'For there were the seats of Justice, the Throne of the House of David', 'for out of Zion shall go forth Torah, and the Word of the Lord from Jerusalem.'

6) It would seem to contradict Isaiah 2:2,3 and Micah 4:1,2; Zechariah 14:9...keeping Zechariah 1:14 in mind

7) ***And my reason for posting under the Sanhedrin/Noahide thread is that it would allow the law to go out from Jerusalem to the nations (Noahides...7 universal laws...governed from Jerusalem by the Sanhedrin)

From the Covenant....Paragraph 3

Galoutofdixie
January 6th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Thanks for these posts. It's sure interesting and as I mentioned before, "I think you may be on to something". :thumb

These Jewish laws that you've posted reminded me of all of the New's articles over the past many years that talk of making Jerusalem an "International City", over-seen by the UN.

If the mood strikes ya... do a google search with the words, "Making Jerusalem an international city". You'll come up with lots of interesting stuff. :thumb

Here's one small snippet from and article written in 2001:

Is one solution to make Jerusalem an international city? This could involve administration by the UN, or a shared municipality, or to make it a demilitarised city of all the faiths who worship there. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/1638968.stm

Believer in miracles
January 6th, 2008, 12:50 PM
RE:
"Making Jerusalem an international city".

Look what Peres did in 1993-4

[QUOTE]In March 1994, the newspaper Chadashot revealed a most remarkable secret of the Middle East "peace" process. A friend of Shimon Peres, the French intellectual Marek Halter, claimed in an interview that in May 1993, he delivered a letter from Peres to the pope. Within, Peres promised to internationalize Jerusalem, granting the UN political control of the Old City of Jerusalem, and the Vatican hegemony of the holy sites within. The UN would give the PLO a capital within its new territory and East Jerusalem would become a kind of free trade zone of world diplomacy.

Halter's claim was backed by the Italian newspaper La Stampa which added that Arafat was apprised of the agreement and it was included in the secret clauses of the Declaration Of Principles signed in Washington in September 1993.

In March 1995, the Israeli radio station Arutz Sheva was leaked a cable from the Israeli Embassy in Rome to Peres's Foreign Ministry in Jerusalem confirming the handover of Jerusalem to the Vatican. This cable was printed on the front page of the radical leftwing Israeli newspaper, Haaretz two days later. A scandal erupted and numerous rabbis who had invited Peres for Passover services cancelled their invitations in protest of his treachery. Peres reacted by claiming that the cable was real but that someone had whited out the word, "not;" the cable really said that Israel would "not" hand Jerusalem over to the holy pontiff.

And...what the Pope and Arafat did in 2000

http://www.templemountfaithful.org/arafat-pope.htm

On 15th February, 2000 at the Vatican, the Pope and the leader of the PLO terrorist organisation, Yasser Arafat, signed a covenant against the G-d and people of Israel and Jerusalem. It was a covenant between two enemies of Israel who for a long time would rather have Israel disappear from the Promised Land as soon as possible.

***This continues onward today.......

According to this agreement, Jerusalem should be an international city based on international resolutions and an international guarantee. (The UN decided on more than one occasion that Jerusalem should be an international city.) They also decided that any step or activity taken by Israel to change this position of Jerusalem is against the law. The agreement also recognises a "Palestinian" state in the land of Israel and agrees on cooperation between the Vatican and the PLO and the Vatican committed itself to assist the so-called "Palestinians". Authorities in the Vatican explained: "the agreement paves the way for establishment of full diplomatic relations with a Palestinian state when it is founded". The PLO representative in the Vatican stated: "This is an historical covenant".