PDA

View Full Version : Can we please discuss? 7 Universal laws - Sanhedrin/Gentiles (*Note punishment)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Believer in miracles
December 22nd, 2007, 11:06 AM
May I please ask you to consider the implications of this....and open this topic up for discussion! I have posted this in bits on the other forums but would really like some input about how others may see this!

I have been a Christian since 1982. The LORD led me to Himself through my association with Jewish people, the study of Hitler and WWII, and the study of the Prophets...all before accepting the LORD. It was a process He led me through first. I have been a long time studier of the prophetic word and listen to Israel radio regularly and have a great love for the Jewish people and support for Israel.

With the above said, something recently started to alarm me...

I just mean this for food for thought as it is a very new study for me……especially when I noticed both Bushes linked to these laws and the Noahides.

This is all being regularly aired on Israeli radio and goes out all over the world re: the Noahide laws for "Righteous Gentiles"…...they are only for gentiles….....righteous gentiles are those who follow them.

This teaching looks morally good on the surface. But, meanwhile under the surface, there is a punishment for those not following these laws.....i. e. death by decapitation.

If this takes root many could be in more trouble than can be imagined at the moment. It is all going to look like a good thing. To me, it is almost a pre-Hitler move in the making only it will be against Christians. If this takes hold, with Rev. 20:4 in mind and the ones spoken out against are you and I!

I just have a gut feeling about all of this! It can all sound so morally good, the worship of one God...remembering to worship Jesus is idol worship punishable by death......by decapitation.....just where does it say this in the Torah? I submit it doesn't but is being taught just the same without the decapitation part mentioned, I am sure for the most part, (at least I hope) out of ignorance of the punishment.

I don't think Christians should turn a blind eye to this teaching....they are having their first ever global meeting in 2008.

God had a plan to unite Jew and Gentile through Christ.

Man does not want to accept this plan for the most part, so I can see how this could further the attack against Christianity….many Noahides are people who have turned from the Christian faith. It is the Sanhedrin setting up a Council with the righteous gentile community to send out the moral law from Jerusalem..i.e. man’s attempt to unite Jew and gentile under moral laws, under a Council, (with a punishment system by decapitation). These laws are called the 7 "Universal Laws" of Noah...universal has a global ring, Noah an all inclusiveness...as it talks about the uniting of the brotherhood of man with these laws.......back to the dawn of civilization.

I find this very alarming considering the time in which we live, especially with Rev. 20:4 in mind. I never dreamt of seeing a development like this…….through the Sanhedrin..... so just sharing for your own discernment!

I am sending an email about this punishment soon to this host addressing this issue. It is taking nerve to do so!

Here is what it says about the punishment….The Seven Noahide laws are general commandments with many details. Transgressing any one of them is considered such a breach in the natural order that the offender incurs the death penalty. Apart from a few exceptions, the death sentence for a Ben Noach is Sayif, death by the sword / decapitation, the least painful of the four modes of execution of criminals (see the Rambam's Hilchos Melachim 9:14). (The four methods of capital punishment in Torah are: S’kilah - Stoning; S’rifah - Burning; Hereg - Decapitation; Henek - Strangulation.) The many formalities of procedure essential when the accused is an Israelite need not be observed in the case of the Noachite. The latter may be convicted on the testimony of one witness, even on that of relatives, but not on that of a woman. He need have had no warning from the witnesses; and a single judge may pass sentence on him (Sanhedrin 57a, b; Rambam, Hilchos Melakim 9:14).
Sanhedrin Moves to Establish Council For Noahides

http://www.noahide.org/article.asp?Level=173&Parent=166

(Note on this site: GW Bush shaking hands under Photos and News on the left)

Decapitation because it is the least painful...how morally thoughtful! Sorry for the touch of sarcacim but this is a very alarming move to me, knowing how the Sanhedrin felt about Jesus in his time.

Posting a few articles hoping some will give their opinions!

Thanking you in advance!

Believer in miracles
December 22nd, 2007, 11:12 AM
This is the article that I read that started my study...I couldn't get the wording out of my head...wondering who are the Noahides???

Sanhedrin Moves to Establish Council For Noahides

Until now, Noahide communities and organization had been scattered around the globe, with a particular concentration centered around the southern United States. The communities themselves are a relatively recent phenomenon bolstered by the fact that the Internet has allowed individuals sharing Noahide beliefs to get in touch with one another.

The court of 71 rabbis, known as the Sanhedrin, which was reestablished last October in Tiberius following the reinstitution of rabbinic semikha, decided, after numerous requests from the Noahide community, to assist the movement in forming a leadership council.

Rabbi Michael Bar-Ron, with the Sanhedrin's blessing, travelled to the United States to meet with representatives of the Noahide movement and select members for the High Council. Bar-Ron, an ordained student, talmid samukh, who currently sits on the Sanhedrin, is also one of the Sanhedrin's spokesmen.

Bar-Ron organized a small conference in California where six of the council's future members were selected and also addressed the annual convention of the Vendyl Jones Research Institute - one of the Noahide organizations represented on the council. At the VJRI convention, Bar-Ron met five more of the Noahide leaders who will be joining the council.

The purpose of the council, which was the brainchild of Rabbi Avraham Toledano, is to assist the B'nei Noach in their struggle to observe the word of G-d. "The goal is to unify, serve and organize all kosher B'nei Noach communities of the world under a single body that can operate under the direct authority and supervision of the Sanhedrin," the decision to establish the body reads. "To form a vessel through which the Torah, from Zion (via the Sanhedrin) can effectively serve non-Jewish communities around the world."

A third goal of the creation of the High Council and the Sanhedrin's efforts in regard to the Noahide community, is to "transform the Noahide movement from a religious phenomenon - a curiosity many have not heard of - into a powerful international movement that can successfully compete with, and with G-d's help bring about the fall of, any religious movement but the pure authentic faith that was given to humanity through Noach, the father of us all," said emissary Bar-Ron.

To that end, one of the primary functions of the council will be the creation and development of effective outreach materials for the world. Although Judaism does not require or encourage non-Jews to become Jewish, the observance of the Seven Laws of Noah is incumbent upon humanity and widespread observance is to be worked toward, even through active proselytization, something that is anathema to Judaism.

more
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=90646

Note: after Lexie's post I looked for a couple of different sites....the information is correct...poor site choice in initial post.

Never having heard of the Noahides (sometimes spelled Noachides) or 7 universal laws of Noah, I started Google searching. In doing so, I came across legislation passed by President G H Bush and Congress on March 26, 1991, (6 months after his New World Order speech before Congress on 09/11/90) ….during the Iraq War.

Source change
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Toward_a_New_World_Order

The U.S. Congress officially recognized the Noahide Laws in legislation which was passed by both houses. Congress and the President of the United States, George Bush, indicated in Public Law 102-14, 102nd Congress, that the United States of America was founded upon the Seven Universal Laws of Noah, and that these Laws have been the bedrock of society from the dawn of civilization. They also acknowledged that the Seven Laws of Noah are the foundation upon which civilization stands and that recent weakening of these principles threaten the fabric of civilized society, and that justified preoccupation in educating the Citizens of the United States of America and future generations is needed. For this purpose, this Public Law designated March 26, 1991 as Education Day, U.S.A. (Iraq = Babylon = Garden of Eden = dawn of civilization; after the flood Noah)… just looking at related terminology)

What caught my attention was “universal laws”, “dawn of civilization”…..it had a global feel, an occult ring. It made me think back to his New World Order speech of 9/11/90.

Source change:
http://www.noahide.org/article.asp?Level=458&Parent=88

We stand today at a unique and extraordinary moment. The crisis in the Persian Gulf, as grave as it is, also offers a rare opportunity to move toward an historic period of cooperation. Out of these troubled times, our fifth objective -- a new world order -- can emerge: a new era -- freer from the threat of terror, stronger in the pursuit of justice, and more secure in the quest for peace. An era in which the nations of the world, East and West, North and South, can prosper and live in harmony. A hundred generations have searched for this elusive path to peace, while a thousand wars raged across the span of human endeavor. Today that new world is struggling to be born, a world quite different from the one we've known. A world where the rule of law supplants the rule of the jungle. A world in which nations recognize the shared responsibility for freedom and justice. A world where the strong respect the rights of the weak. This is the vision that I shared with President Gorbachev in Helsinki. He and other leaders from Europe, the Gulf, and around the world understand that how we manage this crisis today could shape the future for generations to come.

Paragraph from the Sanhedrin article….

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/90646

A third goal of the creation of the High Council and the Sanhedrin's efforts in regard to the Noahide community, is to "transform the Noahide movement from a religious phenomenon - a curiosity many have not heard of - into a powerful international movement that can successfully compete with, and with G-d's help bring about the fall of, any religious movement but the pure authentic faith that was given to humanity through Noach, (Noah) the father of us all," said emissary Bar-Ron.

G W Bush discusses the plan

http://www.noahide.org/article.asp?Level=456&Parent=88

US President George W. Bush Discusses - Road-Map to World Peace Based on Seven Universal Ben Noah Laws

Among the religious leaders was Rabbi Yakov Cohen who represented the worldwide Institute of Noahide Code, an organization dedicated to promote the Noahide Code of Seven Universal Ben Noah Laws. Rabbi Cohen presented the "Road-Map to World Peace", explaining that the Ben Noah Laws will unite all of mankind.

The Seven Laws of Noah date back to the time of Noah and is the oldest code of laws in existence. They precede the development of all faiths. Since these are universal laws that prohibit murder, cruelty to animals, sexual misconduct and other universal ethic values they are common and affect all mankind. These laws can be shared by all people from all walks of life.

People need to be aware of the importance of moral and ethical behavior. The problems and challenges we encounter in society are obvious, but we need to educate people that there is a possible solution. Education promotes greater involvement, lack of education causes less involvement.

Following a meeting with the president Rabbi Cohen said: The president was very supportive and responsive to the message we are trying to get across. (***He should be……..his father already signed it into legislation)

He also added we are urging leaders to become more involved in the moral and ethical issues of our society.

Rabbi Cohen who directs the Institute of Noahide Code (http://www.noahide.org) stated that the Jewish people were charged with the mission to educate mankind and be a light onto the nations by promoting the observance of the Seven Bnei Noah Laws among all mankind.

*** Other religious leaders added that the religious tolerance of today and the trend towards greater democracy and freedom have created the perfect environment and provided a window of opportunity for the global acceptance of this universal code. It is by adherence to these laws, which are in and of themselves an expression of Divine goodness, which all mankind could unite and be bound by a common moral responsibility to their Creator. When humanity is unified by its highest common denominator, genuine peace and harmony will flourish throughout the world. Despite the daunting challenge we must remember that a little light could dispel and illuminate a lot of darkness and the darkness will offer no resistance as it melts before the light. The obvious reason being that light is the substance while darkness is merely the void.

Note: ***These laws are moral laws for and apply only to Gentiles…“righteous gentiles”…i.e. gentiles who adhere to them.

Note also the terminology: global acceptance, universal code, Divine goodness, uniting mankind, common moral responsibility to their Creator….world, peace, harmony.

****These laws have the type of ring you would expect from the AC…..universal laws, uniting the world in peace!
Daniel 7:25
And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

God had a plan…to unite Jew and Gentile through His Son.

The above laws appear to be a plan devised by man to unite Jew (Sanhedrin) and Gentile under universal, moral laws, under a court of justice.… under one God……… without His Son. Under these laws, to worship Jesus is idolatry.

Recap

G H Bush gave a New World Order speech before Congress on 9/11/90 – 11 years to the day the towers came down on 9/11/2001, which has set the world on its current course today.

Six months later, he and Congress signed into legislation on March 26, 1991 legislation stating that the U.S. was founded on the 7 Universal Laws of Noah.

On Sept 28/05 Israel National News carried an article stating, “Sanhedrin Moves to Establish Council For Noahides” (“righteous gentiles”…..who follow the 7 universal laws of Noah).

G W met with the Noahides (not sure of the date, recent though, by the order sequence of the articles on the site) to discuss “A Road Map to World Peace, based on the 7 Universal Laws of Noah” that will unite all mankind. We will see in another email they believe in “one universal God.”

From Nov. 27/07 news in light of the above
Pope responds to 138 Muslim scholars/united by one God, Creator, universal judge

http://www.oecumene.radiovaticana.or...o.asp?c=170568

(29 Nov 07 - RV) Pope Benedict XVI has replied to the letter written by 138 Muslim scholars to Christian Leaders, inviting a group of them to meet with him here in the Vatican.

The letter is addressed to Jordanian Prince Ghazi bin Muhammad bin Talal, and signed by Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone. In it the Pope expresses his deep appreciation for the positive spirit which inspired the text from Muslim scholars and its call for a common commitment to promoting peace in the world.

While it is important not to ignore or down play the difference between Christians and Muslims, the Pope says “we can and therefore should look to what unites us, namely, belief in the one God, the provident Creator and universal Judge”.

Reiterating his words to representatives of Some Muslim Communities in Cologne, at the beginning of his pontificate, the pope stressed “we must not yield to the negative pressures in our midst, but must affirm the values of mutual respect, solidarity and peace. Adding there is plenty of scope for acting together in the service of fundamental moral values”.

Believer in miracles
December 22nd, 2007, 12:01 PM
Nov. 28/07...day after Annapolis

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/124412

New Jewish Congress is Launched, Sets New National Agenda

Quote:
Chabad Rabbi Shalom Wolpe
Rabbi Shalom Wolpe, a Lubavitcher who heads the Task Force to Save the Land

Quote:
Rabbi Dov Stein of the Sanhedrin

"The Seven Noachide Commandments must be taught, disseminated, and encouraged throughout the world. Both Christians and Moslems understand their importance; a leading Moslem sheikh in Italy is in favor, and I have translated my book on the importance of the Noachide Commandments into Arabic - and I have been told, though I don't know it for a fact, that two terrorist attacks have already been prevented because of this book..."

Noahide connections from article.......Sanhedrin..........Lubavitcher rabbi....7 Noachide Commandments

Rich Indeed
December 22nd, 2007, 01:37 PM
This sounds very interesting! I hadn't heard of this before. I will be curious to investigate it further when I have more time.

I have a feeling time will be tight for most people around the board for the next few days. But this looks like it will be an interesting thread.

Lexie
December 22nd, 2007, 02:43 PM
Never having heard of the Noahides (sometimes spelled Noachides) or 7 universal laws of Noah, I started Google searching. In doing so, I came across legislation passed by President G H Bush and Congress on March 26, 1991, (6 months after his New World Order speech before Congress on 09/11/90) ….during the Iraq War.

Ignore the site in itself, just look at the legislation…..

http://www.auburn.edu/~allenkc/7laws.html

The U.S. Congress officially recognized the Noahide Laws in legislation which was passed by both houses. Congress and the President of the United States, George Bush, indicated in Public Law 102-14, 102nd Congress, that the United States of America was founded upon the Seven Universal Laws of Noah, and that these Laws have been the bedrock of society from the dawn of civilization. They also acknowledged that the Seven Laws of Noah are the foundation upon which civilization stands and that recent weakening of these principles threaten the fabric of civilized society, and that justified preoccupation in educating the Citizens of the United States of America and future generations is needed. For this purpose, this Public Law designated March 26, 1991 as Education Day, U.S.A. (Iraq = Babylon = Garden of Eden = dawn of civilization; after the flood Noah)… just looking at related terminology)

What caught my attention was “universal laws”, “dawn of civilization”…..it had a global feel, an occult ring. It made me think back to his New World Order speech of 9/11/90.

A random site below with the speech….. to save me searching through the National Archives.

http://www.sweetliberty.org/issues/war/bushsr.htm

We stand today at a unique and extraordinary moment. The crisis in the Persian Gulf, as grave as it is, also offers a rare opportunity to move toward an historic period of cooperation. Out of these troubled times, our fifth objective -- a new world order -- can emerge: a new era -- freer from the threat of terror, stronger in the pursuit of justice, and more secure in the quest for peace. An era in which the nations of the world, East and West, North and South, can prosper and live in harmony. A hundred generations have searched for this elusive path to peace, while a thousand wars raged across the span of human endeavor. Today that new world is struggling to be born, a world quite different from the one we've known. A world where the rule of law supplants the rule of the jungle. A world in which nations recognize the shared responsibility for freedom and justice. A world where the strong respect the rights of the weak. This is the vision that I shared with President Gorbachev in Helsinki. He and other leaders from Europe, the Gulf, and around the world understand that how we manage this crisis today could shape the future for generations to come.

Paragraph from the Sanhedrin article….

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/90646

A third goal of the creation of the High Council and the Sanhedrin's efforts in regard to the Noahide community, is to "transform the Noahide movement from a religious phenomenon - a curiosity many have not heard of - into a powerful international movement that can successfully compete with, and with G-d's help bring about the fall of, any religious movement but the pure authentic faith that was given to humanity through Noach, (Noah) the father of us all," said emissary Bar-Ron.

G W Bush discusses the plan

http://www.noahide.org/article.asp?Level=456&Parent=88

US President George W. Bush Discusses - Road-Map to World Peace Based on Seven Universal Ben Noah Laws

Among the religious leaders was Rabbi Yakov Cohen who represented the worldwide Institute of Noahide Code, an organization dedicated to promote the Noahide Code of Seven Universal Ben Noah Laws. Rabbi Cohen presented the "Road-Map to World Peace", explaining that the Ben Noah Laws will unite all of mankind.

The Seven Laws of Noah date back to the time of Noah and is the oldest code of laws in existence. They precede the development of all faiths. Since these are universal laws that prohibit murder, cruelty to animals, sexual misconduct and other universal ethic values they are common and affect all mankind. These laws can be shared by all people from all walks of life.

People need to be aware of the importance of moral and ethical behavior. The problems and challenges we encounter in society are obvious, but we need to educate people that there is a possible solution. Education promotes greater involvement, lack of education causes less involvement.

Following a meeting with the president Rabbi Cohen said: The president was very supportive and responsive to the message we are trying to get across. (***He should be……..his father already signed it into legislation)

He also added we are urging leaders to become more involved in the moral and ethical issues of our society.

Rabbi Cohen who directs the Institute of Noahide Code (http://www.noahide.org) stated that the Jewish people were charged with the mission to educate mankind and be a light onto the nations by promoting the observance of the Seven Bnei Noah Laws among all mankind.

*** Other religious leaders added that the religious tolerance of today and the trend towards greater democracy and freedom have created the perfect environment and provided a window of opportunity for the global acceptance of this universal code. It is by adherence to these laws, which are in and of themselves an expression of Divine goodness, which all mankind could unite and be bound by a common moral responsibility to their Creator. When humanity is unified by its highest common denominator, genuine peace and harmony will flourish throughout the world. Despite the daunting challenge we must remember that a little light could dispel and illuminate a lot of darkness and the darkness will offer no resistance as it melts before the light. The obvious reason being that light is the substance while darkness is merely the void.

Note: ***These laws are moral laws for and apply only to Gentiles…“righteous gentiles”…i.e. gentiles who adhere to them.

Note also the terminology: global acceptance, universal code, Divine goodness, uniting mankind, common moral responsibility to their Creator….world, peace, harmony.

****These laws have the type of ring you would expect from the AC…..universal laws, uniting the world in peace!
Daniel 7:25
And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

God had a plan…to unite Jew and Gentile through His Son.

The above laws appear to be a plan devised by man to unite Jew (Sanhedrin) and Gentile under universal, moral laws, under a court of justice.… under one God……… without His Son. Under these laws, to worship Jesus is idolatry.

Recap

G H Bush gave a New World Order speech before Congress on 9/11/90 – 11 years to the day the towers came down on 9/11/2001, which has set the world on its current course today.

Six months later, he and Congress signed into legislation on March 26, 1991 legislation stating that the U.S. was founded on the 7 Universal Laws of Noah.

On Sept 28/05 Israel National News carried an article stating, “Sanhedrin Moves to Establish Council For Noahides” (“righteous gentiles”…..who follow the 7 universal laws of Noah).

G W met with the Noahides (not sure of the date, recent though, by the order sequence of the articles on the site) to discuss “A Road Map to World Peace, based on the 7 Universal Laws of Noah” that will unite all mankind. We will see in another email they believe in “one universal God.”

From Nov. 27/07 news in light of the above
Pope responds to 138 Muslim scholars/united by one God, Creator, universal judge

http://www.oecumene.radiovaticana.or...o.asp?c=170568

(29 Nov 07 - RV) Pope Benedict XVI has replied to the letter written by 138 Muslim scholars to Christian Leaders, inviting a group of them to meet with him here in the Vatican.

The letter is addressed to Jordanian Prince Ghazi bin Muhammad bin Talal, and signed by Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone. In it the Pope expresses his deep appreciation for the positive spirit which inspired the text from Muslim scholars and its call for a common commitment to promoting peace in the world.

While it is important not to ignore or down play the difference between Christians and Muslims, the Pope says “we can and therefore should look to what unites us, namely, belief in the one God, the provident Creator and universal Judge”.

Reiterating his words to representatives of Some Muslim Communities in Cologne, at the beginning of his pontificate, the pope stressed “we must not yield to the negative pressures in our midst, but must affirm the values of mutual respect, solidarity and peace. Adding there is plenty of scope for acting together in the service of fundamental moral values”.

These links you listed are from the Antizionists, Jeff Rense's Pro Palestinian solidarity movement, Ron Paul truthers dominionist Remnant The tribulation is called Jacobs trouble, not Jacob rules the world, the AntiChrist is called the Assyrian, he comes and takes over the Jew's temple for three and half years, Jesus said the gentiles will trample all over the Jew's, for three and half years, then the Jew's get their turn to trample their enemies.. Jew's are the biggest human and animal rights activists in the world, they won't be beheading people, they will be getting beheaded, like Antoochus did when he murdered a priest and a pig on the temple alter.

A couple propaganda articles from your sites. :doh

Police State America - A Look Back and Ahead
This article began and will end with the same chilling thought. If past is prologue, the outlook isn't good in "police state America" under neocon rule that won't appreciably change when the White House has a new occupant in 2009. The nation is at war and laws are in place that end constitutional protections, militarize the country, repress dissent, and our government is empowered to crush freedom and defend privilege from beneficial social change it won't tolerate. It's the price of imperial arrogance we the people are paying, and that won't end until the spirit of resistance gets aroused enough to stop it in our own self-defense.We better hope that happens in time with potentially little of it left.

Former Italian President Francesco Cossiga, who revealed the existence of Operation Gladio, has told Italy’s oldest and most widely read newspaper that the 9-11 terrorist attacks were run by the CIA and Mossad, and that this was common knowledge among global intelligence agencies.

6,000 soldiers claim persecution by "Christian" evangelicals
"They are proselytizing not on behalf of the Constitution of the United States and the national security interests of our country but rather on behalf of some sort of fanatical view of end times. And they are using our army to affect that." -- Ambassador Joe Wilson

WRH & Anti-Semitism
The Holocaust: Give Us The Facts
The Attack on the USS Liberty
Was the attack on USS Cole another 'USS Liberty'?
The Lavon Affair
Did Israel deliberately allow 241 American Marines to die in Beirut?
How Israel got America to bomb Libya
The Maps Tell the Story
The Death of Peace Activist Rachel Corrie
Israeli Spying: The Mother of all Scandals
Who Owns Congress
Who is the US Congress Listening to?
Is Israel Blackmailing America?

Believer in miracles
December 22nd, 2007, 04:45 PM
There are no sites I posted where the information can't be found elsewhere, I just clicked on a site that had the speech....the first I came to....wrong choice I guess.

Here is another site for the NWO speech. I know he gave it...I watched the speech. It was the first time I ever heard NWO. It is a well known speech given before Congress on Sept. 11, 1990

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Toward_a_New_World_Order

Here is another site.........the Noahide site itself which talks about the legislation

http://www.noahide.org/article.asp?Level=458&Parent=88

There are numerous sites for both of the above. I hope the information will be considered.... which is factual.... rather than a bad choice of sources in the initial post.

.. Jew's are the biggest human and animal rights activists in the world, they won't be beheading people,
I am not in any way suggesting anything against the Jews or Israel just stating facts in the news.

I was just left to wonder why the reestablished Sanhedrin are setting up a council with the Noahides....Schneerson's group...and why the Bushes are involved with this group as well.......when right on their site it says from Sanhedrin Tract 57a posted, to not follow these laws, the punishment is beheading...no one ever talks about the punishment when talking about the moral laws. I am not making this up...unless the news sources are wrong re: the Sanhedrin article or the Noahide site is posting wrong information about themselves.

The Sanhedrin were around in Jesus time too and we now what happened to Him and why!

http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/?search=sanhedrin&version1=31&searchtype=all

This is all very strange in my opinion....i.e....they are reformed today and the enemy today if you look into this are those who worship idols..Jesus falls in this category.... as to them those that worship him are not worshipping the one true God.

Just strange the punishment lines up with Rev. 20:4 re: witness for Jesus and the Word of God.

Sealed
December 22nd, 2007, 06:43 PM
Interesting stuff!
Don't know if this ties in or not, but about a year ago I encountered a Jewish man in the grocery store. I assume he was devout because he had on all the traditional garb, long beard and all.
During our discussion about kosher chicken :) I asked him what he thought about the reestablishment of the Sanheidrin and he said...to the effect...that he knew the Rabbi doing all of this and that he was nuts and no self respecting Jew would ever have anything to do with it (new Sanheidrin). Course he also said that there were only Jewish 2 tribes that could be accounted for, and we all know that is not right. Anyway, my point is, after reading Lexie's post, maybe the Jewish people would not follow along. Leading to their own persecution.
Just a though...

Buzzardhut
December 22nd, 2007, 06:47 PM
Interesting stuff!
Don't know if this ties in or not, but about a year ago I encountered a Jewish man in the grocery store. I assume he was devout because he had on all the traditional garb, long beard and all.
During our discussion about kosher chicken :) I asked him what he thought about the reestablishment of the Sanheidrin and he said...to the effect...that he knew the Rabbi doing all of this and that he was nuts and no self respecting Jew would ever have anything to do with it (new Sanheidrin). Course he also said that there were only Jewish 2 tribes that could be accounted for, and we all know that is not right. Anyway, my point is, after reading Lexie's post, maybe the Jewish people would not follow along. Leading to their own persecution.
Just a though...Interesting :thinking

dramama
December 22nd, 2007, 09:10 PM
All I know is the Noahide laws are getting a lot of press all around the world, and that alone can't be a good thing considering the times we are in......and those that bring it up are all happy about it.

Believer in miracles
December 22nd, 2007, 09:38 PM
Jewish radio sends this message out all over the world...Tamar Yonah just finished her 7th segment on the Noahides/laws...one she has on was a former Christian...she interviews sometimes those that have left the Christian faith and turned to Judaism

I have been a staunch supporter of Israel and the Jewish people for years and went to Israel this year...this is a new study for me when I started to see where all this could go...if you put everything together...if you listen to Israel radio you will get a different sense of things....i.e. where the Jewish mindset is re: Christianity....on one program recently one of the hosts was reading from Deuteronomy saying anyone who tries to take a Jew from their God should be put to death...it sent shivers down my spine at the time...and this was before this study...this was a back-handed reference to Christians at the time.